INSANE HUB MOTOR!

Doctorbass

100 GW
Here is my new Hub motor being prepaired for drag racing! :twisted: 0.41MW :twisted: :twisted:

Problem is that i have to find the bike to install ity to ! :lol:

Doc

Attachments

• INSANE hub motor rebuilt (Personnalisé).jpg
    INSANE hub motor rebuilt (Personnalisé).jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 3,601
Something around that scale but designed for minimum mass will be what obsoletes top fuel dragsters, and they will be reliable and cost $1-2 in electricity rather than costing $50,000usd per pass for a full engine rebuild.

eTrike said:
liveforphysics said:
Something around that scale but designed for minimum mass will be what obsoletes top fuel dragsters, and they will be reliable and cost $1-2 in electricity rather than costing $50,000usd per pass for a full engine rebuild.
Skunkworks project? :twisted:

Not on my personal budget (saving for P100D), but if someone with the right funding wanted to make it happen, I'm sure we could work something out. 8)

liveforphysics said:
eTrike said:
liveforphysics said:
Skunkworks project? :twisted:

Not on my personal budget (saving for P100D), but if someone with the right funding wanted to make it happen, I'm sure we could work something out. 8)
I'm in

What power would be needed to achieve top fuel performance? How much margin does todays tech have to a "lift myself in my own hair" equation? Are the batteries needed to deliver the burst light enough? I remember Doctorbass using those special drag racing lipos for the 2wd nyx. Overall I have little clue about what forces we talk about with topfuel. I want to remember I have heard 8000hp somewhere sometime. Accurate? How heavy is a top fuel drive line?

I think its a very interesting concept, and I would be surprised no one has pursued it if the technology infact is easily available.

Wheazel said:
What power would be needed to achieve top fuel performance? How much margin does todays tech have to a "lift myself in my own hair" equation? Are the batteries needed to deliver the burst light enough? I remember Doctorbass using those special drag racing lipos for the 2wd nyx. Overall I have little clue about what forces we talk about with topfuel. I want to remember I have heard 8000hp somewhere sometime. Accurate? How heavy is a top fuel drive line?

I think its a very interesting concept, and I would be surprised no one has pursued it if the technology infact is easily available.

Top fuel cars are at ~10000hp

You will need close to that with electric. They have a clutch system that lets them rev the motor up then dump the stored energy to the wheels abruptly.
That gives them a huge launch as well lets them get close to peak HP off the line.

If I had to guess. With a good motor controller and a 200c rated battery 8000hp electric would do what a 10000hp nitro car could do.

Asuming you could find a motor, controller, transmission,etc to suit the 8000 hp needed, i suspect it will condown ro battery as the critical factor.
A little number crunching indicates that a pack would need to be capable of 6000A at 1000v for 8000 hp.
That would imply a 30Ahr pack of 200C cells, which at 150Whr/kg would mean 200 kg weight of cells !

Hillhater said:
Asuming you could find a motor, controller, transmission,etc to suit the 8000 hp needed, i suspect it will condown ro battery as the critical factor.
A little number crunching indicates that a pack would need to be capable of 6000A at 1000v for 8000 hp.
That would imply a 30Ahr pack of 200C cells, which at 150Whr/kg would mean 200 kg weight of cells !

Not bad But I would rather 12000A at 500v
Or 2 6000 amp 500v controllers.

1000v is not a good idea.
200kg for cells is not bad.

I've got a sneak snapshot of what the mad scientist Mr Bass is up to
world-biggest-motorcycle.jpg

John Metric is already using 8000 Amp of Zilla controller.. but guess what?!!.. he is now working on Brushless motor project!! :twisted:

Doc

Doctorbass said:
John Metric is already using 8000 Amp of Zilla controller.. but guess what?!!.. he is now working on Brushless motor project!! :twisted:

Doc

Any more info? All I have seen him post is more brushes....

Ok thanks. I remember it now. Multiple controllers. Its in the works. These things take time. LOTS of time.

That looks like the right size motor John!!

jmetric said:
Guess what I just weighed my new car Extinction Level Event with the new BLDC and the new 200C Sleeper Cells.
Total weight loss for identical power output=1100lbs.
Car dropped from 2650lbs to 1550lbs.
Very happy but now have to regear for the new weight.

What a splendid problem to have my friend!

That is just amazing to loose that much weight. Can't wait to see this new light weight one in action.

Tom

Back