ebay controller wattage ? 72v 80A is not 1000W

jojje123

1 mW
I'm looking for a controller for a new project with a car alternator converted to bldc. The problem is ohm's law and the specs of the controller.

Max power is 1000w but it can handle 72v 80A. 72x80=5760.
Is the controller programmed to output maximum 1000w but it can handle up to 80A at lower volt? (12.5v 80a = 1000w)
I want it to put out 5760w. Alternators are cheap so it doesnt matter if it breaks och catch fire.
Do I have to bypass the shunt with a large wire to get my 5760w ?
Please help. Do not want to spend a lot of money for a controller to get my sons drifttrike moving fast.

There are hundreds of companies selling random unbranded controllers.
It would be best to ask the seller those types of questions. we are not psychics.

If you want to convert an alternator to a bldc and use an ebike controller, you're going to want to add hall sensors. Also, the motor is wound with 12v in mind and you want to run 72v.. that's a problem.

I would do a little more research to see what others are doing before buying things that are about 1% likely to work out for ya. :D

I'm going to use a sensorless controller so I dont need hallsensors. 72v is not a problem for the stator. Its the high amps that is gonna kill the alternator. But I want all that amps at 72v and dont know if the controller can manage that.
I cant test it yet. Shipping from china is not fast.
4kw electrical input is not a problem without special cooling. Watercooled alternators can handle up to 12kw electrical input. I hope to get atleast 75% output. Thats fast enough for a rwd drifttrike for my 9y son.
My batterypack can handle up to 120A continuous (20s12p samsung icr18650 22p, no bms)

Usually that 1000w is a continuous use rating , but the controller is putting out way more than that... The label is no indication of what it actually does. My 60v 1000w cheapie ebay one that I'm running on 20s puts out about 3800w peak. The one you're talking about sounds burlier on the amp rating than mine claimed soooo...

It seems like on a drift trike you wouldn't be doing a lot of high load, low speed hill climbing that would really work the controller... I'll bet it will be plenty powerful enough even without mods.

Great. I Hope to give so much power to the alternator so I can see where the limit is. Aternators are almost for free at the junkyard.

Skickat från min E5823 via Tapatalk

Back