I'm writing an app for Kelly KLS

I plan to start working on a better android app display for my KLS96601-8080I controller.(maybe it will work for others)
There was some previous work done that will get me started. https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=71671#p1089258
Anyone with more info on the communication protocol I would love the help.
Note: you can datalog current, rpm, temp and voltage but the update rate is slow so don't plan on being able to get Kwh or battery consumption accurate. there will be a lot of smoothing on the gauge outputs so they don't bounce.

What sort of features do people want?
I'm thinking
-Motor Current Gauge and Max current indicator
-System voltage and min voltage indicator
-Motor Temp
-Controller Temp
-Time (as in what time of day it is!)
-Battery Percent remaining (based on voltage)

Logging for Motor and controller temps, rpm, voltage and current.
This will be tossed into a file at first and maybe eventually a display to show it.

other options, acceleration based on accelerometers and GPS?

let me know

charlesmcnall said:
-Motor Current Gauge and Max current indicator *ofcourse*
-System voltage and min voltage indicator *yep*
-Motor Temp *optional*
-Controller Temp *yep*
-Time (as in what time of day it is!) *yes*
-Battery Percent remaining (based on voltage) *ok, preferably customizable*

Logging for Motor and controller temps, rpm, voltage and current.
This will be tossed into a file at first and maybe eventually a display to show it.

other options, acceleration based on accelerometers and GPS?

If I would sum up my basic wanted info then:
Speed, (actual & max) current, voltage, used Wh's after reset

let me know

Good luck !

Hi Monstarr,
I#m very interst in a kelly app that I can see at my mobile the speed , range, Voltage, power and motor temp

Well I was able to communicate with the kelly over bluetooth and see voltage, phase amps, temperatures etc.
I was thinking that if you use the extra analog brake regen input as an analog signal you could probably attach a current sensor to the battery and get battery current draw.
I have been going back and forth between working in java and MITs app inventor to write the app. my last attempt in app inventor yielded some poor (garbage communication) results when i tried to get results faster then every 200ms. So i think java will be the way to go. I know it is possible as the native kelly app is able to update every ~100ms. I think I may try to just decompile the native kelly app and put a better interface on it. Other than the initial headache with pairing the communication seems solid.

well decompiling yielded a crazy complex app I could not recompile again without a hundred or so errors.
Looks like it is back to writing something from scratch in java. We shall see how much motivation I have this winter with other projects going on.

Any news about this app development? :)

Be useful to view motor temperature and safer than opening the Aduser App, while power is applied to the motor.

charlesmcnall said:
Well I was able to communicate with the kelly over bluetooth and see voltage, phase amps, temperatures etc.
I was thinking that if you use the extra analog brake regen input as an analog signal you could probably attach a current sensor to the battery and get battery current draw.
I have been going back and forth between working in java and MITs app inventor to write the app. my last attempt in app inventor yielded some poor (garbage communication) results when i tried to get results faster then every 200ms. So i think java will be the way to go. I know it is possible as the native kelly app is able to update every ~100ms. I think I may try to just decompile the native kelly app and put a better interface on it. Other than the initial headache with pairing the communication seems solid.

Back