Buick Lacrosse 2012 e-assist moto-alternator

Electric Motors and Controllers
transistorman   1 µW

1 µW

Re: Buick Lacrosse 2012 e-assist moto-alternator

Post by transistorman » Jun 29 2018 10:33am

Back again with an update. Was unable to find a service manual for the lacrosse :/ but as it turns out the inverter module is the same for the 2013 Chevy Malibu, which is quite a bit more common. I purchased a manual and lo, there are some rough one line diagrams for beginning the reverse engineering! Anyone have any idea where I could find a list of GM CAN declarations (request torque / whatever).
inverter_module.JPG
inverter_module.JPG (210.55 KiB) Viewed 593 times
hybrid_battery_pack.JPG

electro wrks   100 µW

100 µW

Post by electro wrks » Apr 23 2019 12:09am

Has anybody done any more work trying to use the stock controller(or other controller) with the eAssist motor?

phate   10 W

10 W

Post by phate » Apr 29 2019 2:33am

electro wrks wrote:
Apr 23 2019 12:09am
Has anybody done any more work trying to use the stock controller(or other controller) with the eAssist motor?
I'm planning to pick up one of the eTorque 48v belted motor/generator/alternator units from a new Ram pickup in the next couple months to mess with. I'm thinking these are likely just looking for CAN messages for control of the integrated inverter. My personal goal would be to get it spinning and bolt it to the turbo EJ25 in my Subaru to supplement the lack of torque/responsiveness when the engine is not in boost, but I think they might end up being a solid option, especially since the entire system runs at only 48V.

According to Continental, it's a liquid cooled "alternator" form factor intended to spin at up to 20,000rpm continuously, with 14kW peak output and 16kW peak regen. 150Nm of torque at the crankshaft (after what I'm guessing is a 2-3:1 pulley ratio, so figure like 50Nm from the motor itself).

winreboot   1 µW

1 µW

Post by winreboot » Aug 20 2019 2:03pm

transistorman wrote:
Jun 29 2018 10:33am
Back again with an update. Was unable to find a service manual for the lacrosse :/ but as it turns out the inverter module is the same for the 2013 Chevy Malibu, which is quite a bit more common. I purchased a manual and lo, there are some rough one line diagrams for beginning the reverse engineering! Anyone have any idea where I could find a list of GM CAN declarations (request torque / whatever).

inverter_module.JPG
hybrid_battery_pack.JPG
+1 I'm also looking in to utilizing the oem battery pack with inverter. By any chance did you made any progress in capturing can bus frames to see if they can be replay to get the motor turning?