Outdated

I like how they used copper sheets to beef up the traces. I think you could run that way higher than 2000W.

You can also just hack the hardware to increase the current limit if you can't access the programming. I bet it has some programmability though.

The shunt is visible in one of the pictures:

24 FET controller shunt.jpg

If you can't find programming software for it, you could lower the resistance of the shunt to increase the current limit.
I could not find a datasheet for MDP1991.

Just curious what the bike looks like. Do you have any pics or a link?

Yep, it's tricky to get those spot on, but sounds like you're doing good. The caps can heat and fail as well as the FETs if you push too much. Usually the motor becomes the weak spot before that.

OK, thanks for the link. I haven't seen one of those before. Looks like it could be fun.

Nice looking pack. That should be way better than lead-acid.

coleasterling said:
It is this guy from e-grom.com.

http://e-grom.com/t/e-grom

I knew it was going to be slightly sketchy before I bought it, but my goodness the wiring is terrible. No HV/LV isolation at all. The ground is shared through the DC/DC and the only way they interrupt power is by killing the high voltage side of the DC/DC through the key switch!
I
It comes with SLA cells, but here are some pictures of a quick pack I made from some EIG LFP pouches I have. 30s, 96V 14Ah with a minibms on top. Ignore the styrofoam, it is just a place holder for the moment.

I like that BMS design.. it seem made to be reused easyer with many setup... where did you found it?

Doc

You might want to install a temp sensor on the motor and controller to keep track of them. With stock tuning, heat is rarely a problem, but with extra current, you could overheat things easier. You can generally push things pretty hard for a few seconds as long as the average stays close to the stock rating.

hello
i have the same controller
it is a Haiyong Nanjing.Mine,is ver 1.3
Do you still have it? I might need your help

I made a cycle analyst adapter for my egrom, bought from the same website. It's been working pretty well for me, let me know if you want the STL files for 3d printing or the original cad files.

Attachments

• IMG_31072020_194459_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    IMG_31072020_194459_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 655
Back