John Deere E-Gator

E-Chopper

10 W
Hello

I want to Rebuild a old rusty John Deere E-Gator.
This Vehicle has a 2.9KW Brushed DC-SEP EX Motor .
Now my question ! I cant find any relevant info about the Motor-Data in the WWW.
I want to know ....
-) the max RPM
-) the max continious Amps
-) for me most relevant = the torque - NewtonMeter

Why i want to know this ?? Because in future i want to change the Motor Against a 3KW GM BLDC Motor .
The only thing is i belive that the Brushed 2.9 kw DC-Sep Ex Motor whos now mounted in this Vehicle had much more torque then the BLDC from Goldernmotor so may i take the 5KW from GM .

Here is a little Picture from this Motor
s-l225.jpg

And there is a link with detail-Pictures http://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Deere-...053523?hash=item41bd5fe893:g:V3UAAOSw9GhYlhuz

The Motor looks like and usually Golf-Vehicle Motor .
There so many Golf-Cars outside but i cant find info about the Motor-Data :evil:
I searching a lot but on most WWW-Shop who sales DC-Motor there is no info about the Nm-Output of this Motor .

Thanks in advance
Martin

(sorry for my bad G-English ) G stands for German->Austria ;)

Hi Martin,

Those motors, 6.6" dia. Wound field golf cart motors, are intended for OEM use and not marketed to general public. Therefore the information you seek is not published. It is available only to the company engineering departments. For the motor companies, it is more trouble than it's worth to sell motors to individuals. Occasionally an exception: http://www.hpevs.com/hpevs-ac-electric-motors-power-graphs-ac-9-15.htm

The AC-9 is an induction motor replacement for the wound field DC golf car motor. And its performance (torque, power, etc) is similar to those motors. At least it can give you a good approximation.

I think it is a bad idea to use that BLDC. You'd be much, much better off using the AC-9. But then again, the sepex DC OEM motor probably does everything you need. An upgrade in the DC controller and battery would be a way to increase performance if that is your goal. There are a number of outfits selling high performance propulsion equipment for racing carts. Check out some of those.

Regards,

major

Thanks for our answear now i know why there is no Data available .
Interesting link ! You`re right ! i think to my self too........ as long the controller and Motor will work i will keep it !

Gretings
Martin

Back