KT motor controllers -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for BMSBattery S/Kunteng KT motor controllers (0.25kW up to 5kW)

Electric Motors and Controllers
User avatar
stancecoke   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1375
Joined: Aug 02 2017 2:56pm

Re: OpenSource firmware BMSBattery S/Kunteng KT controllers

Post by stancecoke » Sep 28 2017 3:53am

stancecoke wrote:The controllers from aliexpress arrived today. On one hand I'm a little sad, they are no Kunteng KT-36.
I now found some more information. This page from the netherlands says, that the µC is used in the old KU63 controllers.

He has some interesting links how to drive a BLDC on his page, also:

https://www.renesas.com/en-eu/doc/Docum ... V0AN00.pdf
https://www.renesas.com/en-eu/doc/Docum ... V0AN00.pdf

And he refers to our project :-)

I wonder how this could work, as the pinouts of the µCs are totally different...
Open source smart ebike controller with the KU63

By replacing the motor controller CPU by another CPU, the software can be customized. See here how the KU63 motor controller is used as base for an open source ebike smart controller:
stancecoke wrote: I'll search for some more information and will try the "programming"
I still don't know, if there is any possibility to set some parameters via UART. I was not successful yet.

The efficiency of this controller is quite poor...

Image

Regards
stancecoke

casainho   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4997
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: OpenSource firmware BMSBattery S/Kunteng KT controllers

Post by casainho » Sep 28 2017 5:18am

stancecoke wrote:And he refers to our project :-)
I am being in talk with him, since a few years ago when I tried to use KU63 -- he did the schematic and that was really important!!
stancecoke wrote:The efficiency of this controller is quite poor...
No FOC, just 6 steps. Probably the same efficiency as S06P!!
- EBike wireless standard: wireless motor, wireless cycling GPS display Garmin Edge and wireless remote with wireless brake sensor
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays: Bafang 850C color, SW102 Bluetooth and KT-LCD3.

Please consider a donation to help developments: paypal.me/jorgecasa

User avatar
stancecoke   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1375
Joined: Aug 02 2017 2:56pm

Re: OpenSource firmware BMSBattery S/Kunteng KT controllers

Post by stancecoke » Sep 28 2017 6:28am

casainho wrote: No FOC, just 6 steps. Probably the same efficiency as S06P!!
It's sinewave, but with no FOC obviously.
I can't identify a phase current sensor on the circuitboard...

Regards
stancecoke
Last edited by stancecoke on Sep 28 2017 8:45am, edited 1 time in total.

casainho   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4997
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: OpenSource firmware BMSBattery S/Kunteng KT controllers

Post by casainho » Sep 28 2017 7:58am

Regen does work, I was able to limit the regen current -- it is the same way as controlling motor max current but regen current is negative, as expected because current flows in the contrary direction.

While controlling motor max current we need to lower duty_cycle, to limit regen we need to increase duty_cycle, as regen increases when the duty_cycle is lower than the BEMF equal duty_cycle value.

But I still have some other issues with the motor code and so I could not yet commit my code.
- EBike wireless standard: wireless motor, wireless cycling GPS display Garmin Edge and wireless remote with wireless brake sensor
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays: Bafang 850C color, SW102 Bluetooth and KT-LCD3.

Please consider a donation to help developments: paypal.me/jorgecasa

User avatar
stancecoke   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1375
Joined: Aug 02 2017 2:56pm

Re: OpenSource firmware BMSBattery S/Kunteng KT controllers

Post by stancecoke » Sep 28 2017 12:32pm

That sounds good! I'm looking forward to test your code. I can use the regen with my testbench on the generator side :-)

regards
stancecoke
Last edited by stancecoke on Sep 29 2017 1:52am, edited 1 time in total.

casainho   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4997
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: OpenSource firmware BMSBattery S/Kunteng KT controllers

Post by casainho » Sep 28 2017 2:23pm

stancecoke wrote:That sounds good! I'm looking forward to test you code. I can use the regen with my testbench on the generator side :-)
I am away from home, will take about 5 days until touch again on the firmware. My presentation went ok but not much users really interested. But there was a very good talk about a guy that have a company working as a consultant for startups that want to produce in China -- very good content, was great and let's see if I can learn and take some advantage for this project (not that I am looking to hardware production, but learning Shenzen and China culture is important).

You can look at the commit code I did specifically to add the regen current control: https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-fir ... ad0ba48708
- EBike wireless standard: wireless motor, wireless cycling GPS display Garmin Edge and wireless remote with wireless brake sensor
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays: Bafang 850C color, SW102 Bluetooth and KT-LCD3.

Please consider a donation to help developments: paypal.me/jorgecasa

User avatar
stancecoke   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1375
Joined: Aug 02 2017 2:56pm

Re: OpenSource firmware BMSBattery S/Kunteng KT controllers

Post by stancecoke » Sep 29 2017 4:17am

casainho wrote:My presentation went ok
Is your paper available for download somewhere?

Regards
stancecoke

casainho   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4997
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: OpenSource firmware BMSBattery S/Kunteng KT controllers

Post by casainho » Sep 29 2017 10:20am

stancecoke wrote:Is your paper available for download somewhere?
Here: https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-fir ... ation.pptx
- EBike wireless standard: wireless motor, wireless cycling GPS display Garmin Edge and wireless remote with wireless brake sensor
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays: Bafang 850C color, SW102 Bluetooth and KT-LCD3.

Please consider a donation to help developments: paypal.me/jorgecasa

User avatar
stancecoke   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1375
Joined: Aug 02 2017 2:56pm

Re: OpenSource firmware BMSBattery S/Kunteng KT controllers

Post by stancecoke » Oct 05 2017 3:04am

I've just added an new branch with a first try for Display Support. I own a Kingmeter J-LCD only, so I added this. I've not tryed it in hardware yet.

Regards
stancecoke

casainho   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4997
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: OpenSource firmware BMSBattery S/Kunteng KT controllers

Post by casainho » Oct 05 2017 6:02am

stancecoke wrote:I've just added an new branch with a first try for Display Support. I own a Kingmeter J-LCD only, so I added this. I've not tryed it in hardware yet.
That is great!!
I am being slowly returning after a pause of 1 week. I found some issues in the way I drive the motor, there is something that works but I don't understand why: how to drive the motor backwards but keep always increasing the ui8_interpolation_angle. I saw other firmwares that just change the values of two fases, like physically changing 2 phase wires to invert motor direction -- and this don't work and I wonder why.

About the LCD, I saw on web that Kingmeter J-LCD have the same wires/physical interface as Kunteng LCD. Does your implementation also follow the Kunteng LCD protocol?
- EBike wireless standard: wireless motor, wireless cycling GPS display Garmin Edge and wireless remote with wireless brake sensor
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays: Bafang 850C color, SW102 Bluetooth and KT-LCD3.

Please consider a donation to help developments: paypal.me/jorgecasa

User avatar
stancecoke   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1375
Joined: Aug 02 2017 2:56pm

Re: OpenSource firmware BMSBattery S/Kunteng KT controllers

Post by stancecoke » Oct 05 2017 7:22am

casainho wrote: I saw on web that Kingmeter J-LCD have the same wires/physical interface as Kunteng LCD. Does your implementation also follow the Kunteng LCD protocol?
No, the pinout is the same, but the protocoll is different. It should be easy for somebody who owns a Kunteng to implement and test the Kunteng protocoll....

Regards
stancecoke

casainho   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4997
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: OpenSource firmware BMSBattery S/Kunteng KT controllers

Post by casainho » Oct 05 2017 7:32am

stancecoke wrote:
casainho wrote: I saw on web that Kingmeter J-LCD have the same wires/physical interface as Kunteng LCD. Does your implementation also follow the Kunteng LCD protocol?
No, the pinout is the same, but the protocoll is different. It should be easy for somebody who owns a Kunteng to implement and test the Kunteng protocoll....
Ok. I think Kunteng LCD seems the natural way to go for the ones that buy Kunteng controllers, because they pair with the controller with the original firmware and also seems that are the cheaper LCD on the market. So I think Kunteng LCD is a priority. Maybe you should buy one ;-)
- EBike wireless standard: wireless motor, wireless cycling GPS display Garmin Edge and wireless remote with wireless brake sensor
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays: Bafang 850C color, SW102 Bluetooth and KT-LCD3.

Please consider a donation to help developments: paypal.me/jorgecasa

rote   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 40
Joined: May 18 2016 10:44pm
Location: SoCal

Re: OpenSource firmware BMSBattery S/Kunteng KT controllers

Post by rote » Oct 06 2017 5:09am

hey guys, especially casainho (the OP)

I've been following this thread off and on but it is too technical for me. I've been following because I have a KT controller and the KT-LCD3 display. What I'm curious about is whether you will be able to change the LCD3 so that it can display amp hours (Ah) and keep a running total until you reset it? (like a Cycle Analyst) If it could be displayed in the watt meter section maybe alternating displaying Watts and Ah (like those inexpensive Turnigy-type amm/watt meters) would be cool.

Also, I have a SW900/Kingmeter display with the 5 pin JST connector and confirm that it does not work with a KT controller. I've read that it uses a different protocol too. Cheers

casainho   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4997
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: OpenSource firmware BMSBattery S/Kunteng KT controllers

Post by casainho » Oct 06 2017 6:55am

rote wrote:hey guys, especially casainho (the OP)

I've been following this thread off and on but it is too technical for me. I've been following because I have a KT controller and the KT-LCD3 display. What I'm curious about is whether you will be able to change the LCD3 so that it can display amp hours (Ah) and keep a running total until you reset it? (like a Cycle Analyst) If it could be displayed in the watt meter section maybe alternating displaying Watts and Ah (like those inexpensive Turnigy-type amm/watt meters) would be cool.

Also, I have a SW900/Kingmeter display with the 5 pin JST connector and confirm that it does not work with a KT controller. I've read that it uses a different protocol too. Cheers
I have no experience with that controllers you refer. Can you please elaborate more on the running total?? Is it reset after the end of trip or not?

The LCD is also programable because it have the same STM8 but fixed symbols on the display... but it is not a priority, at least for me, to change the LCD. Maybe better would be to adopt some cheap generic graphical LCD from Arduino would - than we would have all the flexibility.

Thank you.
- EBike wireless standard: wireless motor, wireless cycling GPS display Garmin Edge and wireless remote with wireless brake sensor
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays: Bafang 850C color, SW102 Bluetooth and KT-LCD3.

Please consider a donation to help developments: paypal.me/jorgecasa

vex_zg   100 W

100 W
Posts: 178
Joined: Mar 06 2016 6:07pm

Re: OpenSource firmware BMSBattery S/Kunteng KT controllers

Post by vex_zg » Oct 07 2017 3:43am

FYI Kunteng recently issued a bluetooth adapter which plugs into the controller instead of the usual LCD3

http://www.szktdz.com/en/news_show.php?article_id=485

I managed to get a hold of one factory sample.

So perhaps you can only implement this KT or CA protocol, and use one of the android apps for display.

casainho   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4997
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: OpenSource firmware BMSBattery S/Kunteng KT controllers

Post by casainho » Oct 07 2017 4:24am

vex_zg wrote:FYI Kunteng recently issued a bluetooth adapter which plugs into the controller instead of the usual LCD3

http://www.szktdz.com/en/news_show.php?article_id=485

I managed to get a hold of one factory sample.

So perhaps you can only implement this KT or CA protocol, and use one of the android apps for display.
BMSBattery told me they only sell one S09 controller with the module, they don't seel the module at unit, so, the only option I have is to build my own module aince I believe may be the Arduino UART Bluetooth module + power supply.

Can you please open your module and take some pictures?? That would help a lot for us to be able to build, at least until shops like BMSBattery don't sell them at unit. Thank you.
- EBike wireless standard: wireless motor, wireless cycling GPS display Garmin Edge and wireless remote with wireless brake sensor
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays: Bafang 850C color, SW102 Bluetooth and KT-LCD3.

Please consider a donation to help developments: paypal.me/jorgecasa

User avatar
stancecoke   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1375
Joined: Aug 02 2017 2:56pm

Re: OpenSource firmware BMSBattery S/Kunteng KT controllers

Post by stancecoke » Oct 07 2017 11:43am

Hmmm, after three days of testing the display communication without success, I'm quite helpless now. I have problems to read in the bytes from the display properly. I think it's a problem with timing. The reading "UART2_ReceiveData8();" seems not to be buffered, if you put this command at the wrong time you get complete rubbish....

regards
stancecoke

casainho   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4997
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: OpenSource firmware BMSBattery S/Kunteng KT controllers

Post by casainho » Oct 07 2017 11:57am

stancecoke wrote:Hmmm, after three days of testing the display communication without success, I'm quite helpless now. I have problems to read in the bytes from the display properly. I think it's a problem with timing. The reading "UART2_ReceiveData8();" seems not to be buffered, if you put this command at the wrong time you get complete rubbish....
Can you confirm that you can "write" with success to the LCD? Any video?
- EBike wireless standard: wireless motor, wireless cycling GPS display Garmin Edge and wireless remote with wireless brake sensor
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays: Bafang 850C color, SW102 Bluetooth and KT-LCD3.

Please consider a donation to help developments: paypal.me/jorgecasa

casainho   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4997
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: OpenSource firmware BMSBattery S/Kunteng KT controllers

Post by casainho » Oct 07 2017 12:10pm

stancecoke wrote:Hmmm, after three days of testing the display communication without success, I'm quite helpless now. I have problems to read in the bytes from the display properly. I think it's a problem with timing. The reading "UART2_ReceiveData8();" seems not to be buffered, if you put this command at the wrong time you get complete rubbish....
UART2 that is used have interrupts for transmitting and receiving. If you need fast/real time processing, go and use the receiving interrupt!! Please see the example code: STM8S_StdPeriph_Lib/Project/STM8S_StdPeriph_Examples/UART1/UART1_Interrupt/stm8s_it.c
22.2 - UART main features
6 interrupt sources with flags
– Transmit data register empty
– Transmission complete
– Receive data register full
– Idle line received
– Overrun error
– Framing error or noise flag
2 interrupt vectors
– Transmitter interrupt
– Receiver interrupt when register is full

Code: Select all

/**
  * @brief  UART3 RX interrupt routine.
  * @param None
  * @retval
  * None
  */
 INTERRUPT_HANDLER(UART3_RX_IRQHandler, 21)
{
    /* Read one byte from the receive data register */
    RxBuffer2[IncrementVar_RxCounter2()] = UART3_ReceiveData8();

    if (GetVar_RxCounter2() == GetVar_NbrOfDataToRead2())
    {
        /* Disable the UART1 Receive interrupt */
        UART3_ITConfig(UART3_IT_RXNE_OR, DISABLE);
    }
}
- EBike wireless standard: wireless motor, wireless cycling GPS display Garmin Edge and wireless remote with wireless brake sensor
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays: Bafang 850C color, SW102 Bluetooth and KT-LCD3.

Please consider a donation to help developments: paypal.me/jorgecasa

User avatar
stancecoke   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1375
Joined: Aug 02 2017 2:56pm

Re: OpenSource firmware BMSBattery S/Kunteng KT controllers

Post by stancecoke » Oct 07 2017 12:48pm

casainho wrote: Can you confirm that you can "write" with success to the LCD? Any video?
as long as the reading does't work, it makes no sense to send something to the display....
UART2 that is used have interrupts for transmitting and receiving.
casainho wrote: UART2 that is used have interrupts for transmitting and receiving.
Ok, I don't now the syntax to configure UART2 for interrupts. But that might solve the problem. As it is written here, you have to catch some possible errors, too. I'm too frustrated to read through tons of literature at the moment... :shock:

regards
stancecoke

casainho   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4997
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: OpenSource firmware BMSBattery S/Kunteng KT controllers

Post by casainho » Oct 07 2017 1:16pm

stancecoke wrote:Ok, I don't now the syntax to configure UART2 for interrupts. But that might solve the problem. As it is written here, you have to catch some possible errors, too. I'm too frustrated to read through tons of literature at the moment... :shock:
Take a break :-)

And let's see If I can help you:

Initialization:

Code: Select all

static void UART_Config(void)
{
  UART2_DeInit();

  UART2_Init((uint32_t)9600, UART2_WORDLENGTH_8D, UART2_STOPBITS_1, UART2_PARITY_NO,
                UART2_MODE_TXRX_ENABLE);

  UART2_ITConfig(UART2_IT_RXNE_OR, ENABLE);
    
  enableInterrupts();    
}
That was taken from the example code. I think should be easy for you to understand -- the news here is enabling the UART2_IT_RXNE_OR interrupt (Receive/Overrun interrupt).

And now the interrupt code, that you can use because you already did code for PAS interrupt, etc:

Code: Select all

INTERRUPT_HANDLER(UART2_RX_IRQHandler, 21)
{
   /* Read one byte from the receive data register */
   readed_byte = UART2_ReceiveData8();
   
   - put readed_byte on a buffer
   - if readed_byte_number == packet_size (Kunteng LCD is 13 bytes)
   {
     - flag_processing_LCC_data = 1;
     - readed_byte_number = 0;
   }
}
The idea is to read every byte an put on a buffer. But we should syncronize/find the start of a packet... on Kunteng, seems that last (or maybe we can consider to be the start package, depends on perspective :-)) 2 bytes are always "50 14" (e.g: 12 0 149 160 41 102 18 74 4 20 0 50 14). I would read them in sequence and then reset the readed_byte_number, knowing that next byte will be the 1st of the next package. In the end, the full package need to be verified against the CRC value.
- EBike wireless standard: wireless motor, wireless cycling GPS display Garmin Edge and wireless remote with wireless brake sensor
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays: Bafang 850C color, SW102 Bluetooth and KT-LCD3.

Please consider a donation to help developments: paypal.me/jorgecasa

vex_zg   100 W

100 W
Posts: 178
Joined: Mar 06 2016 6:07pm

Re: OpenSource firmware BMSBattery S/Kunteng KT controllers

Post by vex_zg » Oct 07 2017 2:35pm

casainho wrote:
vex_zg wrote:FYI Kunteng recently issued a bluetooth adapter which plugs into the controller instead of the usual LCD3

http://www.szktdz.com/en/news_show.php?article_id=485

I managed to get a hold of one factory sample.

So perhaps you can only implement this KT or CA protocol, and use one of the android apps for display.
BMSBattery told me they only sell one S09 controller with the module, they don't seel the module at unit, so, the only option I have is to build my own module aince I believe may be the Arduino UART Bluetooth module + power supply.

Can you please open your module and take some pictures?? That would help a lot for us to be able to build, at least until shops like BMSBattery don't sell them at unit. Thank you.
Image
Image
Image

The markings on the chip are
CC2540
F256
TI65J
P123 G4

If the lack of BT module is a blocker to your work I can consider borrowing you this sample.

casainho   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4997
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: OpenSource firmware BMSBattery S/Kunteng KT controllers

Post by casainho » Oct 07 2017 2:44pm

vex_zg wrote: The markings on the chip are
CC2540
F256
TI65J
P123 G4

If the lack of BT module is a blocker to your work I can consider borrowing you this sample.
Thank you. Can ypu please take the pictures with day light and maybe see if you can use the macro option on your mobile phone? And pictures also from the back side? Is more for documentation as seems to me that blue board must be the UART Bluetooth module, that transistors maybe to do voltage level shifting and and that big one is a voltage regulator. I will look at the LCD board and take pictures also. The LCD power circuit may be similar and I may use that to build my module.

My focus is the motor controller code and not the bluetooth and mobile app, that will be some day but not now :-)
- EBike wireless standard: wireless motor, wireless cycling GPS display Garmin Edge and wireless remote with wireless brake sensor
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays: Bafang 850C color, SW102 Bluetooth and KT-LCD3.

Please consider a donation to help developments: paypal.me/jorgecasa

vex_zg   100 W

100 W
Posts: 178
Joined: Mar 06 2016 6:07pm

Re: OpenSource firmware BMSBattery S/Kunteng KT controllers

Post by vex_zg » Oct 08 2017 2:29am

casainho wrote:
vex_zg wrote: The markings on the chip are
CC2540
F256
TI65J
P123 G4

If the lack of BT module is a blocker to your work I can consider borrowing you this sample.
Thank you. Can ypu please take the pictures with day light and maybe see if you can use the macro option on your mobile phone? And pictures also from the back side? Is more for documentation as seems to me that blue board must be the UART Bluetooth module, that transistors maybe to do voltage level shifting and and that big one is a voltage regulator. I will look at the LCD board and take pictures also. The LCD power circuit may be similar and I may use that to build my module.

My focus is the motor controller code and not the bluetooth and mobile app, that will be some day but not now :-)
I need to borrow a phone with macro, mine doesn't have it. Will do it soon.

In the meantime:
I asked the seller who sold me this bluetooth module if he can get more. He might be able to get some from the KT factory. Is anybody interested? I only asked because somebody here wrote BT modules can't be purchased separately.

casainho   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4997
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: OpenSource firmware BMSBattery S/Kunteng KT controllers

Post by casainho » Oct 08 2017 4:50am

vex_zg wrote: In the meantime:
I asked the seller who sold me this bluetooth module if he can get more. He might be able to get some from the KT factory. Is anybody interested? I only asked because somebody here wrote BT modules can't be purchased separately.
I would like to buy 3 units of this module.
- EBike wireless standard: wireless motor, wireless cycling GPS display Garmin Edge and wireless remote with wireless brake sensor
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays: Bafang 850C color, SW102 Bluetooth and KT-LCD3.

Please consider a donation to help developments: paypal.me/jorgecasa

Post Reply