This is my first post here, so I'm going to explain my first electric bike project with some detailed info. I received this badly beaten bike without the original LCD(Bafang C965 -clone, 800U) and e-brakes. Apparently those were stolen from the previous owner. All that was left for me to begin my project with were the motor, PAS, controller(36V, 15A) and the battery. The original bike was 28" and I'm installing these parts to my 26" mtb, so I need to buy shorter spokes etc... I want to keep the bling bling low as to prevent it from stolen that easily and thus I would like to have my bike so that I'ts not controlled by LCD and buttons. I'm also trying to save money here and I have understood that it is possible to reprogram bafang controllers to bypass LCD so that option is my route to go if it would be possible with this project. I also want a throttle with full power when needed. Optionally I would like to have a cheat mode so that I can change the motor performance at flight in case of inspection(only PAS and 25kph allowed here in Finland). In that case cruise mode at the throttle would be cool too when the "legality cheat" is activated.
My motor is this Shengyi Hybrid rear hub motor: http://www.syimotor.com/productDe_5.html
Battery is this 36V 10ah Li-ion: https://www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/product ... a-UTB-akku
The original bike didn't have a throttle, so I ordered an universal one from Aliexpress and I'm currently waiting it to arrive. In the meantime I was studying the endless river of controllers with similarity to mine and came accross this project to find out that my controller looks very much like the BMSBattery/Kunteng KT -controllers. So, long story short. I ordered my ST-LinkV2 from ebay and also soldered the male pins to the pcb. If this controller is not fit for this project for some reason I can also buy a suitable one somewhere.
I need your help here. First of all some basic stuff;
1. Can you tell from my pictures is my controller suitable for this firmware?
2. When connecting the ST-Link v2 to my computer should the controller be powered by my e bike battery?
3. How can I tell what my controller's firmware is to get the original backup file? Can I somehow read it with the ST-Linkv2 connection?
4. Are my connections to ST-link v2 right? The arrangement of wires seems a bit different than what the project page picture shows.
5. When my throttle arrives. Where should I solder it to my pcb leads?
6. What are those two insulated black lumps of wires inside the controller case?
7. There was one lead coming out from the controller that had red and brown wires attached to a plug. I thought this is main power plug so I soldered a switch to the ends to act like one. If this is wrong. Please correct me.
Since this post has some offtopics like the throttle installation questions, I'm more than happy to start a new thread for my project if it seems fit. Thank you so much from this hard work you have already done to help me dive in to this whole e bike controller swamp I cannot seem to get up on my own ever again.
Here are some pictures. Feel free to ask for more in-depth ones if needed to help answering my questions.
all above pictures at: https://imgur.com/a/9FbEq3I