OK,now I re-activated a very very old netbook (with USB-ports not running) and installed ubuntu. Downloaded the utils, while
there's an error
checking for flex... no
checking for lex... no
checking for bison... no
checking for byacc... no
checking for yacc... no
checking for python2... python2
configure: error: Cannot find required program bison.
You will need USB for the STLinkV2.
Using a virtual machine have the advantage that you copy the folder of the virtual machine quickly, like 3 minutes on a USB 3, making a backup -- because for first time on Linux, you may do something wrong and you will need to start again the installation, etc.
Ok, about bison. Means that it need to be installed -- like on Windows when you can't install something without install NET framework or something like that. You need to install bison. If you search on google "ubuntu install bison", you should find an answer. I do like this:
- install Synaptic that is a visual package manager: https://help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubuntu-h ... aptic.html
- on Synpatic I search for bison and install it and every "dev" version -- sometimes the dev versions includes header files that are needed by the software you are trying to build and install
- on Synaptic, find and install "build-essential" that is a package that includes most tools needed on ubuntu for build software
I think you will encounter more situations like this -- you should try find the name or keywords about the missing software and find it on Synaptic. Also you can try find on google.
I suggest you to install only, for now, this software and then try build the firmware:
▸ Tools to build the firmware
- EBike wireless standard:
wireless motor, wireless cycling GPS display Garmin Edge and wireless remote with wireless brake sensor
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware
Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes
: Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays: Bafang 850C color, SW102 Bluetooth and KT-LCD3.
Please consider a donation to help developments: paypal.me/jorgecasa