feel free to provide us meaningful log data and a short but precise description of your problem. Tell us your setup as good as possible, e.g. find out the number of pole pairs and the mechanical gear ratio of your motor.
Thanks, sorry if any hard feelings earlier.
I will get proper log data to you tomorrow when I am back at my other house. What data would you like me to log from the list of options in the app?
The motor has 18 stator coils and 20 magnets, so I'd imagine 6 poles for the stator.
It is a planetary reduction drive with 78 teeth on the wheel, 30 teeth on each planetary gear and 16 teeth on the motor giving a 39 to 8 ratio.
The two main issues are:
1: Some limit is being hit before field weakening gets a chance to kick in and give me the highest speed possible so I am getting about the same speed as the old KU63 controller that was on the bike. I suspect that it could be the erps limit. I was playing around with the ratio and wheel circumference settings and the motor hits some limit when the speed in the app is showing 70km/h at full throttle when I set it to 100 in the Java tool. I made sure not to change any settings in the app as you mentioned an overflow bug which causes it to loop back to 20.
2: Motor drag and high power consumption when coasting with no throttle input.
I did an experiment yesterday and spun the pedals by hand with a watt meter connected. My watt meter can only register current in one direction so the power is definitely flowing into the controller and not back into the battery. This issue is not due to regen being active as I disabled regen for the test to make sure. Here is a video, controller was consuming 40 watts just with me pedalling by hand.
The motor starts and runs smoothly and quietly when propelling the bike so my motor angle settings should be okay.