Best controller for QS 273?

Hi, Looking for a little guidance. Planning a build with the QS v3 273 40H.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=84738
88v nominal, looking for 150A to 250A, 300A phase or more.

What is the best controller to run with the QS v3 273 40H?

This ebike is replacing my R6 as a stunt bike. I want to accidentally wheelie if I sneeze.

Rube said:
Hi, lots of options, others will know more but I'd consider Mobipus:
https://youtu.be/_zL8zXFmEbI

Thank you, I was not aware of this option. Currently looking at the following controllers.

Yuyang King: YKZ72250GD (250A, 650 phase), or YKZ72150GB (150A, 420 phase),
Sabvoton: SVMC72150 (150A, 350 phase),
Mobipus: 72200 (200A)
Kelly: KEB84801X (120A, 300A burst), or QSKLS8430H (100A, 300A burst)

I am just getting my Mobipus 72200 setup on my QS205 v3 and am super happy with it so far. It's VERY configurable, has a great dash, and is overall very easy to use. I've also used Sabvoton's and the Generic Infineon Sine wave controllers and prefer the Mobipus by far and away.

I'd probably look at the 72200 with heatsink or the 72600.

-Jim

If you feel you want maximum performance go for the Mobipus 72600. That will give you 600 Amps. And it is water cooled too.

Curious, what winding did you get on the 273? IIRC, there was a 11.46, and one lower one, that was about half that. After experiencing the 11.46kv winding, I can't imagine the amount of torque the 6.~ must have. Good luck on the dropouts.

ninepointeight said:
After experiencing the 11.46kv winding, I can't imagine the amount of torque the 6.~ must have.

Sure you can, because it's exactly the same. It just requires a higher voltage and lower current for identical performance. The torque potential of a motor is determined by the stator steel and magnets.

John in CR said:
ninepointeight said:
After experiencing the 11.46kv winding, I can't imagine the amount of torque the 6.~ must have.

Sure you can, because it's exactly the same. It just requires a higher voltage and lower current for identical performance. The torque potential of a motor is determined by the stator steel and magnets.

I guess I should have specified, at the 88v and whatever phase current he decides to run. A motor at a lower kv but same voltage and phase current would have more torque and a lower top speed right?

Sort of.

Assuming neither motor is saturated (unlikely) then the slower wind will have more torque, but only at low speed. At some point, because the slower wind has greater back-EMF at any given speed, the battery voltage becomes insufficient to push enough current to make the same torque as the faster wind. I.e. the slower wind will have greater torque off the line but will run out of puff quicker (not just a reduced top speed). That greater torque, when used, will also heat the motor more, so no free lunch.

kingjamez said:
I am just getting my Mobipus 72200 setup on my QS205 v3 and am super happy with it so far. It's VERY configurable, has a great dash, and is overall very easy to use. I've also used Sabvoton's and the Generic Infineon Sine wave controllers and prefer the Mobipus by far and away.

I'd probably look at the 72200 with heatsink or the 72600.

-Jim

Mobipus 72200 with heatsink or the 72600, Ill look into those models. Is there something you didn't like about the Sabvoton controllers or reasons you favor the Mobipus?

ninepointeight said:
Curious, what winding did you get on the 273? IIRC, there was a 11.46, and one lower one, that was about half that. After experiencing the 11.46kv winding, I can't imagine the amount of torque the 6.~ must have. Good luck on the dropouts.

The 11kv winding is my plan

Back