Please help on controller information

R84

10 mW
I have just got a clone of a stealth boomer from china I will make a new thread regarding this nightmare. Now it's a 48v battery 28ah, "3000w" controller. The motor looks like it can handle much more. Anyways my question is who out there is reliable to get a controller from? I have been speaking to Allen from electric race technologies, not in depth just a few simple questions. I like his 3000w controller that he has up for sale on his site. Any thoughts on this controller?

Can I get a higher watt controller 8000w and de-tune the controller ? Or will I have serious issues, just asking around looking for what's suitable for this configuration/battery

I'm still new in this game so please no rude comments

Thanx rich

take a look at the adapto controllers if your looking for something high end if not you can probably mod the controller you have for a bit more power

The controller is fried I forgot to mention this, I think it fried when crappy wires from the throttle shorted out. I have no voltage coming out of the controller to my throttle(5v).

The adaptto is out of my budget. I'm worried that I might not be able to match my controller to my battery and cause damage.

R84 said:
The controller is fried I forgot to mention this, I think it fried when crappy wires from the throttle shorted out. I have no voltage coming out of the controller to my throttle(5v).

There is a small chance you killed the hall sensors ( when i last killed a controller like that it took out all the halls ) its a fairly easy fix if they are bust

what voltage is your battery ? if you have a hub motor your probably restricted by battery voltage more than anything else

Battery is 48v 28ah, had gone to the local guys here (ebike shop) and the motor worked fine and they said the hall sensors where in good shape. Thanx to daymak near the 400 and finch, Frank didn't even charge me great guys(Toronto). They don't carry high powered controllers

If anyone can guide to to someone who sells something like this controller in Canada I would really appreciate it thanx

What is the battery rated for current output?

For example:

If it's a 1C battery, it could do just 28A at 48v, which means the max controller size would be under 1500W. 28 * 48 = 1344

If it's a 2C battery, it'll do about 56A at 48v, meaning you could use almost a 3000W controller. 56 * 48 = 2688

If you don't know the ratings for it, it's probably safer to assume it's a 2C or less battery (many packs are made from junk/garbage cells, or cheap cells at best; the harder they are pushed the more problems result from it).

Back