Has anybody read up on this motor

rtherr3184

10 µW
I saw this on ebay and wanted some input. What do they consider highway speeds. I was thinking I might want to use it on a very heavy motorcycle.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-Electric-Car-Conversion-Kit-Highway-Capable-Under-2-000/362062170228?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Might help if you edit your subject to something like "Motenergy ME1616 good for heavy motorcycle?"

24 kilowatt is more inline with a electric motorcycle then car. A car is just to much weight for that wattage. Unless u do something super light then maybe it can be highway capable. Great for a motorcycle motor however.

boytitan said:
24 kilowatt is more inline with a electric motorcycle then car. A car is just to much weight for that wattage. Unless u do something super light then maybe it can be highway capable. Great for a motorcycle motor however.

Some of the greatest cars of all time-- VW Type 1, Citroën 2CV, Model T and Model A Ford, Morris Minor, Honda N360, Austin Mini-- had horsepower in that range. You can decide those cars are not to your liking, but you can't argue that they weren't suitable cars in their own right. The world decided in their favor.

rtherr3184 said:
I saw this on ebay and wanted some input. What do they consider highway speeds. I was thinking I might want to use it on a very heavy motorcycle.

Yes that would be a good choice. Water cooling is a nice feature, and ME are respected manufacturer.

Chalo said:
boytitan said:

Some of the greatest cars of all time-- VW Type 1, Citroën 2CV, Model T and Model A Ford, Morris Minor, Honda N360, Austin Mini-- had horsepower in that range. You can decide those cars are not to your liking, but you can't argue that they weren't suitable cars in their own right. The world decided in their favor.

Yes those cars didn't need more power, because they where made from "tin foil" and weight was next to nothing. Todays cars with all safety features, crash bars, deformation zones, plush interior, thick carpet and vibration dampening is what 4 times the weight of those cars. If not more. Of course todays cars would need more power, not to mention more power is more safe.

Back