Help, is my controller toast?

1 µW
I tried to install lights to my conhismotor/kunteng 18fet controllers 5W SM-2A plug (i checked wiring PDF that it is correct). I then turned the lights on from the LCD and they worked for maybe 5 sec, but then it went dark, and now the LCD shows that e-brakes are on.

I disconnected the lights.

When I turn on the controller it works for a few seconds (throttle does work) but then the ebrakes turn on the LCD.

I dont have e-brakes on the bike now, I have a Domino throttle and the switch works the wrong way for the controller.

I think there was some sizzling noise from the controller when the LED lights went dark (oops)

No multimeter here at work.

Anyone have an idea?

At least I got a freewheeling mac haha.

Duh, now it seems to work. And the light too as I tested it with a battery.

I dare not try again..

Controller recommendations around 25A? :D

Loose connection. Noise may have been arcing. When you get brave, unplug each plug and inspect the contacts. Look contacts that are not properly seated or don't have good tension. Sometimes the contacts get spread and don't have enough tension.

From your description, the main plug from the battery to the controller would be most suspect.

Thanks for the tip! The XT60 is looking pretty worn, and I kept unplugging it when I was working on the bike.

Getting some XT90-S

Back