regain throttle sensitivity after controller shunt mod?

vex_zg

100 W
It's a kunteng KT40 12MOSFET controller with LCD3.

After shunt mod and beefing up traces it works quite punchy, up to 85A (originally it was rated 30A cont 60A max) but dificult to find the throttle position to keep a low speed gently as expected. The reation to the throtle are too twitchy in the beginning of the throttle twist.

The throttle is a cheap wuxing half twist throttle with hall sensor and magnet.

are there any tricks to regain the low-power sensitivity?

Maybe when we have finished our OpenSource firmware for Kunteng STM8 controllers, we can develop a feature to configure different values for regen.

casainho said:
Maybe when we have finished our OpenSource firmware for Kunteng STM8 controllers, we can develop a feature to configure different values for regen.

I am always looking if I could find a way to join but I have a baby on the way and wife watching my every step :)

I am not asking about anything regen related but throttle sensitivity reduction because it's too jumpy [strike]on high currents[/strike] during startup when a shunt mod has been made.

So the request for you would be is basically to make soft-start modes and throttle curve adjustment and torque-mode (vs. rpm mode) for the throttle control

In the meantime I will probably make a voltage divider and remove some material from the magnet in the throttle.

vex_zg said:
casainho said:

I am always looking if I could find a way to join but I have a baby on the way and wife watching my every step :)

I am not asking about anything regen related but throttle sensitivity reduction because it's too jumpy [strike]on high currents[/strike] during startup when a shunt mod has been made.

So the request for you would be is basically to make soft-start modes and throttle curve adjustment and torque-mode (vs. rpm mode) for the throttle control

In the meantime I will probably make a voltage divider and remove some material from the magnet in the throttle.
Great, I already have a small boy, it's really good!!

Good that you seem to understand all the problem origins and I see also that cheap throttles to behave like that, that is the ones I use on my ebikes and for development.
The firmware currently almost works the motor control, even stancecoke developer already did and integrated the feature for a torque sensor!!
Maybe the time you will use to hack your hardware would be better invested on the feature you are looking for, on the firmware.
This next week I want to finish the current control/protection of the motor and with this close the motor control, so we can finish the basic firmware (throttle duty_cycle, maybe also torque/Id current and torque sensor. No regen and no LCD for now).

Try if this has some effect(1-3). Otherwise the Opensource firmware is the only thing which solves it completly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-12-14-00-35-31.png
    Screenshot_2017-12-14-00-35-31.png
    171.7 KB · Views: 1,240
Back