Parameter Setting Tool for Greentime- & similar Controllers

stancecoke

100 kW
I'm just trying to get familiar with this thing.
There is many information around this topic in the internet. After searching for some hours, I've come to this conclusion:
These EBike-Controllers with the uPD79F9211 processor (I think it's a chinese clone, as it is not supported by NEC/RENESAS) seem to have the user-relevant parameters stored in one memoryblock, that is used as "emulated EEPROM".
There is a chinese PC-tool, that creates a binary file of 161 bytes size out of the chosen settings.
The manufacturer gives quite detailed instructions how to flash the firmware ("main programming") and the parameters ("secondary programming"). What is missing is the programmer that is used in this manuals.

So I started to build a DIY programmer on basis of a STM32 development board with arduino.
I've managed to start up the Bike Controller in programming mode and was able to read out the processor version.
I think the rest of the way is to figure out the start adress of the memory block where the parameters are stored in the controller. Then it should be easy to write the binary file to that memoryblock :)
Has anybody any idea how to identify the start adress?

Anschlussdiagramm.JPG

See my project on github:
https://github.com/stancecoke/Parameter-Setting-Tool-for-EBike-Controller

regards
stancecoke

Back