Daymak em1 1500w controller 500w hub motor

ElbadoKing

10 mW
I currently own a daymak em1 with a 1500w controller and a 500w motor. I was wondering will have have any issues with this set up?

how long is a piece of string...

What type of motor and what type is the controller. Will you climb mountains continous? More info please.

Its a brushless motor .I think the controller is a chinese one not sure and the battery is 72v/20ah

The key is in the numbers, I'm having the same issue. If your asking if you can run 1500watts you have to name the components. The original controller
open

States 50 amp 84V = 4200 watts. The math doesn't add up there's no way your feeding that kind of power with that controller. So the question or information is this, 1. How much power do you have, the stock system is 72v 20 Ah. = 1440 watts. So are you using a different pack and what's the output power available. 2. what controller are you using, the stock claims amazing specs but to be legal it's restricting the power to the rear wheel to???, personally I believe it's a 25amp controller restricting the power to 500 watts. But the controller supplies the rear wheel with power. 3. What hub motor, 500w is the legal maximum. So what happens if you feed it more, it goes faster, and faster, and faster and hotter and hotter until it reaches saturation and stops going for ever.
So back to the main point, what are you using, I'm personally going to get a Lyen or Kelly controller, feed it with 52 volts 30Ah lithium and if the motor won't spin up enough get a new motor rated for the lower voltage of my pack.
I could simply run the motor backwards, set it to run in reverse and take off the limit as there's no upper regulation to run backwards, only forwards, this theoretically gives me 90 + km/hr using stock components. But 52v battery's are cheaper to build and lighter to carry.

Maybe if you state what exact components you are using and at what voltage it would be easier to give a clear answer. The stock hub will probably take more power for sure. The controller seems to be the big unknown and the numbers are probably no more than marketing hype, as soon as my CA turns up I can give numbers.

Even if you don't know you could state what stock parts you are using. Rather then saying a cheap one, best to include the listing or the specs on the sheet with all the numbers. 1500w really means 20 amps at 72v. So 1500w peak is probably 750w operating current, is 10 amps, doesn't sound much better than stock at that rate when the stock one is rated 4200w peak!

Sorry I dont have more details it runs completely fine the way it is. Judging by my speedmeter app is can do up to 42km on flat ground. I was wondering if there is any change of damage with, what I told you thus far

The simple answer is temperature. How hot is the motor getting. There are people pushing the controller to get 55-60 so 42 is less than a 48v motorino with one plug undone. I don't think your getting any where near the full caperbilies.

The motor phase has 3 wires, swap them till it runs in reverse.
Tell the app to run in reverse and set power to 100%
They limit to power from the hall sensor (ultimately this controls the speed) so you have to supply the max voltage back to the controller. This step requires that you supply 4.8v to the HAL throttle position sensor. Any more will not pass the HAL, any less drops the top speed.
A step down from the 12v system works and is fine tunable..

https://youtu.be/Qng5G5pln48

Hehe... "daymak" = Chinese for cheaply built and poorly made (designed)... For e-assist, maybe look to the Europeans. I asked once (of a China manufacturer) "Watts Up?" ... and his reply "We don't make this [crap] for locals, but for export to north Americans." :wink:

I seen this on YouTube unfornately I don't have the Bluetooth controller and app is there any other way to increase performance?

Then your back to the controller, 72v 20Ah is still 1400w. So start with a decent 72v controller and then you will want to upgrade your batteries to something with more capacity than your current SLA's but I would wear them out first, they have no value other than being used till they achieve your goal and replace when the time comes to something in lithium flavor.

I was thinking of Goin lithium when my batteries are done. Do you know which lithium battery will be good for the em1 and also is there any places in the GTA I can get them at a reasonable price

ElbadoKing said:
I was thinking of Goin lithium when my batteries are done. Do you know which lithium battery will be good for the em1 and also is there any places in the GTA I can get them at a reasonable price

Hehe... "GTA"? Guessing ya mean the Toronto area? One go-to-guy Gary Salo in Mississauga at Golden Motor Canada:
https://www.goldenmotor.ca/

Wanna "roll yer own" battery? Cells:
18650g.jpg

... or just buy ready-made packs:
https://www.goldenmotor.ca/categories/Batteries/LiFePO4-Batteries/

Thing is? These are "heavy"... but if yer used to lugging lead, they're "light". :lol:

"Spendy"-ish to buy, but ya can will the pack to your grandchildren. :mrgreen: (Like, LiFe packs last for thousands of full recharges, plus yer house won't burn down and ruin this pack sometime. AFAIK.)

http://www.batteryspace.com/LiFePO4/LiFeMnPO4-Batteries.aspx

head on over to the battery thread and read a few of the sticky threads, and batterybro.com have a good write up on cells. most are directed at 18650 cells. Shipping to Canada is exactly that, shipping due to restrictions on putting them on planes.

Back