Hall Sensor - Where to Buy and Which Type

Electric Motors and Controllers
agedashidofu
10 mW
10 mW

Hall Sensor - Where to Buy and Which Type

Post by agedashidofu » Oct 24, 2017 9:31 pm

Folks,

Hope all is well - I'm hoping to get an education from the more "learned" ES members. Currently trying to install hall sensors on my hub motors. I already have an idea on where and how to place them, but need help on where to buy them, and which type to get? I know that ebikes.ca currently sells hall sensors for hub motors - but not sure if there are any other (perhaps better) alternatives? And also which type to get.

Many thanks in advance!

Icewrench
10 kW
10 kW

Re: Hall Sensor - Where to Buy and Which Type

Post by Icewrench » Oct 24, 2017 9:49 pm

Honeywell ss41 is a good sensor to use.
Mouser or digi key sell them.
Buy 100 and become a re seller. :D

e-beach
10 MW
10 MW
Location: Any Los Angeles area beach I am at. Or Santa Monica or possibly the south bay beaches.

Post by e-beach » Oct 24, 2017 10:09 pm

you can probably get cheaper ones from eBay as apposed to Digi key or Mouser, but if you go through the trouble of opening your motor and replacing them, why run the risk of one of them going bad again because wanted to save a few bucks by getting Chinese replacements. Get the real ones and they should last a long time. It could save you the headache of redoing a pain in the ars job.

:D
Favorite Quote: "This is L.A., sugar. There is no 'over the top." --- Chris Erskine

Current build: Liahona w/ cheap front suspension and suspension seat post. Yescomusa 36v 800w generic front hub motor. 15ah Headway triangle mounted pack. Tronsung 30 amp,

Previous Build:1992 Trek Antelope 800 - Bone Crusher (no suspension) - Yescomusa 800 watt 36 volt front wheel kit. Don't do it! Get suspension!!!

amberwolf
100 GW
100 GW
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Post by amberwolf » Oct 25, 2017 2:04 am

There's some more info in some of these threads (not all are relevant, but the titles should help)
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/searc ... mit=Search

agedashidofu
10 mW
10 mW

Post by agedashidofu » Oct 25, 2017 9:56 pm

Thanks guys...I'm at the conclusion, after reading a lot of materials, that Honeywell is the best one to get.

Extremely helpful...thanks again!