Please help me figure out wiring this Starglobe controller

Electric Motors and Controllers
Quinc
10 mW
10 mW

Please help me figure out wiring this Starglobe controller

Post by Quinc » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:13 pm

Picked this up with a matching star globe motor a couple years ago and set them aside.. Now I am trying to use them for my 4 year olds gokart. But I either cannot figure out the wiring or it is dead.. Any help is much appreciated!

I am using a known working 3 pin throttle and 36v. I also tested the motor by hooking it up to my razor verifying it works.

I believe it is:
Green = Motor POS
Black = battery/motor NEG
Red = battery POS
Yellow = ?
brown/white = key switch?
red/green = charger?

Throttle is 5 pins:
blk/brn/wht/red/grn

Quinc
10 mW
10 mW

Re: Please help me figure out wiring this Starglobe controll

Post by Quinc » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:54 pm

I think I have the battery and motor setup correctly The two plug red/grn wires the red is putting out 37v. And on the throttle connector the red wire is putting out 5.7v. the big Yellow wire puts out .03v. None of the other throttle plugs put out anything.

x.l.r.8
10 W
10 W

Post by x.l.r.8 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:40 pm

the throttle may well be 3 throttle and 2 to make the brake or safety cut off when joined. yellow reverse?
the red and green, does the green have continuity with the black. on a lot of bikes I have seen of late the green is the negative wire. if so some aux circuit or the charging plug for the battery
Intelligence is distributed nearly evenly, with only the occasional concentration in one person. The total quantity of Intelligence is a constant: as more people come into being, fewer and fewer get a sufficient amount for themselves.
Some say this has already reached homeopathic levels.

fechter
100 GW
100 GW

Post by fechter » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:45 pm

Usually the motor positive goes to the red wire (along with the battery +), motor negative to the green wire.
"One test is worth a thousand opinions"