How can i control this 15kw motor

dewz

10 mW
Hello ,
i just bought this 15kw motor from accident Pao chun E100 (www.baojunev.com) car owner , but i have no idea how to use them because there are no wiring and no any detail about what i have . I already ask the car company they will not provide wiring for me :shock:
Motor have 8 wiring + 3 phase wire.
Can i use another controller and how to motor phase calibrating with another controller ?
Anyone have any idea for me ?
and if you want can ask me i have more motor like this.

You'd need to know what kind of motor it is to find a controller to run it. There are probably some controllers (on the rather expensive side) that cna run multiple different types of motors, but the cheaper ones will typically only run one kind well.

The 8 wires you may be able to open the motor up and trace the wires to their electronics to see what they are for.

If it is a BLDC motor, they could be a set of three hall signals, plus power and ground for the sensors, plus a temperature sensor with it's own separate power/ground/signal, perhaps. Or it could be two independent sets of three hall signals plus their power and ground.

If it's some other kind of motor, it could be other types of position or speed or temperature sensors, etc.

Ah, you could use the green controller if only you have a wiring diagram for the control-side connector!

Can you get a wiring diagram for the car it came from? That might be enough.

Or maybe find the manufacturer of the controller? It looks like a generic product, not one custom made for the car.

Ah, that's good you know it's a Sevcon - hopefully you can find a manual for the dragon8. Otherwise, maybe their other controllers use the same connector? Here's the pinout for the Gen4 model (page 3-11): http://www.thunderstruck-ev.com/Manuals/Gen4_Product_Manual_V3.0.pdf

Punx0r said:
Ah, that's good you know it's a Sevcon - hopefully you can find a manual for the dragon8. Otherwise, maybe their other controllers use the same connector? Here's the pinout for the Gen4 model (page 3-11): http://www.thunderstruck-ev.com/Manuals/Gen4_Product_Manual_V3.0.pdf

Thank so much now . I already find the detail about Dragon8 , now only focus on the motor 8 pin. I have no idea about AB , UVW , Sin/cos , R .
Can you help ?

We have no way of knowing what position/rotation sensors the motor is actually using, unless you can find the specifications for that exact model motor from the motor manufacturer.

But if it's 8 pins, and that last set of pins on the diagram above is 7 pins, and a thermistor is one more, there's a decent chance that is the kind of sensor it has, plus the thermal sensor.

As for how it's wired, though--you'd need to know that from the motor manufacturer or the vehicle manufacturer.

One other way you could find out is to get someone with one of the vehicles it came out of to let you use a continuity tester to test their wiring harness for where things hook up, and then you just build a new wiring harness that is wired like that.

I'm afraid I have no experience using Sevcon controllers, but a few on this forum have, so you might want to search for "sevcon" and see what they say.

The diagram above appears to show several methods for driving the motor, with regards to determining the rotor position for proper timing of the phase coils (with a rotary encoder).

Most of us here are used to "BLDC" motors that use three hall-effect sensors for this purpose.

U,V & W is just the traditional terminal designation for each phase on an induction motor.

I hope you can get it working - the Sevcon controllers are supposed to be quite good, although hard to program (but yours should already be programmed for the motor!).

No, he won't, because the controller he has came with the motor and is already setup for it.

He just has to determine the wiring to use and build a wiring harness.

dewz said:
Thank so much now . I already find the detail about Dragon8 , now only focus on the motor 8 pin. I have no idea about AB , UVW , Sin/cos , R .

HI. Can you help with this information ?
need main connector pinout

Back