Redesigned hubmotor for mid drive

Linukas

10 W
for some time I'm working for liquid cooled hubmotors (mxus analogue), and their performance looks good, so now I'm trying to make something different from that motor.
Main thing is to make it for mid drive use, but with more power, thinking about it design something like big rc motors/emrax motor.
at first need to rewind it for 1T to get more rpm, expecting for 36kv:
SqJKCFMl.jpg

and some work with rotor:
BJgRw6ol.jpg

Subscribed.

What controller do you plan to run? 1T motor will have very low inductance so can be hard on controllers. 1T motor should have maximum copper fill and thereby ability to take even more peak phase current. Unless you will experience unexpected problems with eddy current or that the low inductance cause FET burns that motor should punch out even more torque and if you use it as mid drive with reduction. And you could use reduction to about 400-500-600 max RPM for rear wheel. That should give reduction about 6:1 from motor to rear sprocket. You will have great torque both by motor alone and even more by reduction, and that motor should spin up under load like crazy fast.......torque monster

I root for you mate. This I look forward to see completed and tested.

Linukas said:

Slightly off-topic for your thread, but I hope you'll indulge me.

From what I can see, your motor appears to be 56 pole-48 slot (I may have miscounted), could you explain how you arrived at your expectation of 36kv from that and 1T?

Thanks. Buk.

Buk___ said:
Linukas said:

Slightly off-topic for your thread, but I hope you'll indulge me.

From what I can see, your motor appears to be 56 pole-48 slot (I may have miscounted), could you explain how you arrived at your expectation of 36kv from that and 1T?

Thanks. Buk.

it is 51 slot, 46 pole motor, similar to mxus 3000.

Back