Problems with programming Golden Motor controller

Hi!
I just finished my three-wheel cargo bike electric conversion. I use two Golden motor BLT-800 motors, and BAC 28 controllers (also called "cruise controller"). But I have problems with programming. I have tried both the software downloaded from goldenmotor.com, and the software from this page: https://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=2072.0

I can change max speed, max current, rotation direction, reverse speed
But regen brake is either off (0%) or hard on (no noticable change between 1% and 100%), and no current goes to the batteries (the energy is absorbed by the controller itself)
And and I cannot see any noticable difference between the different PAS settings ("low" also feels very strong)

Does anyone of you see any solution?

I have used and programmed this controller some years ago, but never used the PAS function and don't recall trying to adjust the "regen" level, just recall setting it on or off.

I say "regen" because you are correct - it does not return current to the battery. AFAIK it is actually "plug braking", which GoldenMotor describe as E-ABS. It's more effective than regen at braking but not as sufficient and heats up the controller.

Thanks a lot for your reply punxOr!
I thought plug braking was actually reversing the motor - and then I would expect current going from the batteries, but there is no current at all when the motors are braking..

Anyway, I have started to look for other controllers. Maybe the grinfineon is an good alternative..(?)

Apologies, I got it mixed up with dynamic braking... You are right though, there is neither current drawn nor regenerated from the battery during braking with the Goldenmotor controller.

I have no experience of the Grinfineon controller but the reputation of the Grin products is excellent, so I would certainly consider it.

Back