QS 3000w midmotor

bionicon

1 kW
Anybody tried this motor already?
Just make an order for one, gonna try it with a sabvoton 72200 :D qs motor.jpg

link? ive never seen qs offer the motor on its own - always as part of a package with their rear swingarm.
from memory- the motor is quite wide (too wide for practical use on a bike) but that price seems very good... too good? :p

They don't advertise the motor, but if you send a mail You get this page.The motor is 160mm in diameter and 150mm length.The weight in the pakage is 15kg, so i think there will some copper inside :D

bionicon said:
Yes they gonna put on a 13theeth 420 sprocket. I had the option for 420 428 or 520 sprocket.

sweet:) looking forward to seeing some builds with this motor.. any frames in mind.. have any of you guys seen the Le-Bui adventure frame kit yet?? would be even sicker with a left hand mid drive..

29750027_927244624067189_2103018311627697874_o.jpg

i am going to try it on my derbi senda frame with a sabvoton 72200 controller,need more torque....hope that it will satisfy me :D

I hope this motor is like the 205 hub motor (also rated at 3000watts) but at the end you can pull more then 14 kw out of it :shock:

In the description of the motor by magnets there is 70mm height 40 pcs and 5 polepairs. That confuses me because when there 40 magnets it should be 20 polepairs or am i wrong?

I received this motor yesterday. Looks good on first appearance. QS mounted 22 tooth HTD pulley on it on my request.

To save me from a lot of headache, can someone send me the DCF file for this motor to be run with a Sevcon gen4 (size 2)controller? :!:

Monstarr said:
I received this motor yesterday. Looks good on first appearance. QS mounted 22 tooth HTD pulley on it on my request.

To save me from a lot of headache, can someone send me the DCF file for this motor to be run with a Sevcon gen4 (size 2)controller? :!:

So how much did it cost with shipping and VAT?

eee291 said:
Monstarr said:

So how much did it cost with shipping and VAT?

uhmm I purchased it within a local groupbuy so difficult to tell you the exact shipping costs. Motor with mounted pulley was around $200 which is somewhat the standard QS price, shipping was around $ 80-90 for the motor within a 6 motor total groupbuy. Duty & VAT were about 50 euros. So 275-300 euros total.

Please report how this motor works for you all when you have some mileage on it.

I am on the hunt for a new motor, thinking of buying this one with their rear pulley and controller as a kit and do a belt conversion for my Rieju moped build.

They're sold at Alibaba for 400 USD with a matched controller:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/QS-3000W-138-70H-qsmotor-electric_60640513818.html

Or at Aliexpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/QS-3000W-138-70H-mid-drive-motor-with-EM150S-controller-max-speed-100kph/32847739323.html

i am running the motor now for a few months with a sabvoton 72150 unlocked at 58 volts on my derbi senda.
Settings are 200 batteryamps 450 faseamps, we make hard drives in the woods for 3 hours every week with no problem so far :D
Maybe i will change to 84volts for more power :roll:

bionicon said:
i am running the motor now for a few months with a sabvoton 72150 unlocked at 58 volts on my derbi senda.
Settings are 200 batteryamps 450 faseamps, we make hard drives in the woods for 3 hours every week with no problem so far :D
Maybe i will change to 84volts for more power :roll:

Nice to hear that. 58V x 200A = 11,6kW :)
How does it handle the 450A phase?
Could you say a bit more about the general performance and how it compares to the Hacker Q150 setup?

if i compare to the hacker motor is difficult, the hacker controller has a delay at take-off, the qs and sabvoton has way more startingtorque .My bike weight is arround 85 a 90 kg and i can keep up with my friend who's driving a qulbix 76 with qs205 and 16kw.
I am sure if i raise the voltage at 84 volt i can do powerwheely's :D

bionicon said:
this is a picture of the rotor does anybody know why the magnets are posisioned like that?
rotor magneten.jpg

This design is called IPM.
Instead of placing the magnets on the surface, steel laminations are used to direct the magnetic flux to the stator.
As it happens inside the stator steel there can be also eddy currents in the magnets, which means the magnets will become hot just if they pass the stator teeth, and this IPM design schould reduce the eddy currents in the rotor to a minimum (lower no-load losses and higher usable RPM).

So basically what spinningmagnets said, just bit more detailed explained.

larsb said:
What is your wheel size and reduction ratio?

I run 17" wheels and 1:4 to the rear wheel. Power wheelies is the goal but right now my moped does 90 km/h so it's not very strong

I run 19" wheels and 1 : 6 to the rear
madin88 said:
bionicon said:
this is a picture of the rotor does anybody know why the magnets are posisioned like that?
rotor magneten.jpg

This design is called IPM.
Instead of placing the magnets on the surface, steel laminations are used to direct the magnetic flux to the stator.
As it happens inside the stator steel there can be also eddy currents in the magnets, which means the magnets will become hot just if they pass the stator teeth, and this IPM design schould reduce the eddy currents in the rotor to a minimum (lower no-load losses and higher usable RPM).

So basically what spinningmagnets said, just bit more detailed explained.

Found this on cnqsmotor.com:
image.jpeg

No load @ 72v/5290rpm: 11.33 A
Thisi is high but seems to be with gearing and rear wheel and IPM motors have higher no load current due to the higher inductance than surface permanent magnet motors

kV: 73

Peak efficiency: 89.5%,

It's more than OK if the complete drive gets 89.5% eff. including drive losses :D

Back