vailbiker wrote: ↑
Nov 13 2018 3:24pm
I had similar problems when I tried to flash the open source firmware to my bike.
First of all, I have to say that the imaging in the wiki is partly incomplete and that you have to look at the plug layout carefully from several videos and sources together to get all the connections working - and maybe this is your problem as well. I do not know how complete your information is. Then it was a problem that the v2 clone was not working well. After I bought another one and tried another dealer too, I've got a different clon, that is different with the swim/gnd pin assignment. Maybe the pin assignment printing from the first clone is wrong - I've not checked it so far - just some cheap chinese scrap to throw it into trash..
I hope this helps you any further.
In an effort to clarify some things - here are the portion of my raw prep notes pertaining to creation of the ST link cable, as well as the soldering of the female side of the speed sensor extension cable directly to the LCD3 pins to make for easier flashing.
*Create ST Link flash cable by cutting ST Link ribbon cable (fairly short) and soldering appropriate wires to (fairly short) female connector from speed ext cable
* Whole thing should be ~10cm
* Stagger wire cuts so solder points don’t stack up, will be good practice for display to motor connection
* Drill hole in back of LCD 3 and solder female speed extension cable directly to LCD3 pins for easy programming
* LCD 3 J7 pins (left to right looking at display front) > ST Link pin connections
* LCD3 pin1: (display cable brown) connect to (grey ST cable) STLinkV2 5V pin
* LCD3 pin2: (display cable black) connect to (black ST cable) STLinkV2 SWIM pin
* LCD3 pin3: (display cable orange) connect to (white ST cable) STLinkV2 GND pin
* LCD4 pin4: (display cable purple) connect to (purple ST cable) STLinkV2 RST pin
Does that make sense to other people? If it does, I would be happy to it clean up, add some photos and submit to the wiki.
sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you.