Arlo1 Inverter working with the TI resolver to encoder board

gotgraham

1 mW
This is my first post here. Back in January I bought some boards and IGBTs from Arlin and set about to assemble his inverter design. I bought a 2016 Leaf motor assembly to work with it. Fast forward a few months and everything is working nicely. I decided to use the Texas Instruments PGA411Q1EVM board as a basis to convert the Leaf's resolver to the UVW encoder input on the Lebowski controller. I wrote new firmware for the on board microcontroller so I could have it configure the PGA411Q1 IC properly on boot. Today I got all all working together and figured I'd share.

Here's a video of hall sensor mode with the PGA411Q1EVM driving the hall inputs. I'm running 96v right now for testing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqU9YEU5mdc&feature=youtu.be

Nice job, it is a shame those TI devel boards are so expensive because that is a great solution to running the leaf motor with Lebowski's controller without having to fluff about with a Hall sensor retrofit.

I picked up a Volt inverter that I plan driving with the Lebowski and the discarded processor board has two Analog Devices ADW71205YSTZ resolver to digital chips on it. The plan is desolder one and see if I can get it working.

What vehicle is the Leaf motor going in?

Thanks! I’m putting the motor in an 81 Delorean. The OE transaxle is terrible - this will definitely improve drivability.

I agree, it would be nice if the TI board was cheaper - it does seem to work well. Figuring out the firmware wasn’t too bad.

Back