Dual traction Gen 4 controllers slave not working

martin45b

1 µW
Hi I have two Sevcon Gen 4 controllers. One is set up as the Master node 1 for the right motor and the other is set up as Slave node 2 for the left motor.
The throttle and enable and forward reverse is on the master and it works well and turns the motor. The slave however does not have any errors but not turning the motor? it also has the steer pot on it and inch forward and inch Reverse. I believe all the wiring is correct and the individual I/O is set up right but I just cant get it to act like a slave and rotate the motor.
Any help with the DVT software and setup?

Also as I just have the computer CAN going to these two Gen 4 controllers should I just use the CAN 13, 24 and 2 pins on both? or should I use CAN pins 16, 27 also.

Hi there,

I seem to recall the drive to drive CANbus uses different pins to the computer CAN connection. I may be wrong - looking for reference, will post if I can find it.

Regards,

Jason

I can send you the CAN document and the Master Slave doc I have. Email me. I would just be limited on support to customers of mine, but I can point you in the right direction.

Back