15+kw hub motor?

John1deere

10 W
Whats the best option for 150/155mm drop out? Looking to do a motocross kinda ebike. Needs tons of torque with 50-60 mph top speed. Shooting for 15+kw possibly 20+. So whats out there that wont over heat too much if i use ferro fluid and hub sink?

No i do not want a mid drive. I want to keep it as simple as possible with the least amount of failure points.

thanks!

You can supposedly hit 20kW (max) with a QS205 and hubsinks+statorade.

What will your pack voltage be though? The max voltage will determine the top speed.

Ill most likely be running 30s so 126 volt at full charge if my math doesnt suck too much. I know qs205 got many choices for wiring turns. Was just wondering if there was something "better". i know theres cromotor that seems to be very similar too. I got a crystalyte atm but they dont seem to make something as beefy

Yep, it sound like you are not comvinced with people telling you to use the 205, so the only other choice is the 273. It will weigh a ton and you will need a custom swingarm to accommodate the wider axle. A great dragster motor, but not sure its the correct choice for off roading.

brumbrum said:
Yep, it sound like you are not comvinced with people telling you to use the 205, so the only other choice is the 273. It will weigh a ton and you will need a custom swingarm to accommodate the wider axle. A great dragster motor, but not sure its the correct choice for off roading.

Just trying to see if theres other options. i seen a 6 phase motor here but apparently not available anymore.

John1deere said:
brumbrum said:

Just trying to see if theres other options. i seen a 6 phase motor here but apparently not available anymore.

The hub monster of which you speak i think is similar to the qs273 in size.

brumbrum said:
John1deere said:
brumbrum said:

The hub monster of which you speak i think is similar to the qs273 in size.

Hubmonster yeah. i have no idea when i saw it wasnt available anymore i stopped reading.

But i taught there could be something similar or wtv

John1deere said:
Ill most likely be running 30s so 126 volt at full charge if my math doesnt suck too much. I know qs205 got many choices for wiring turns. Was just wondering if there was something "better". i know theres cromotor that seems to be very similar too. I got a crystalyte atm but they dont seem to make something as beefy

The cromotor was simply turning a QS205 V1 into a QS205 V3 before the V3 existed. There is the QS273, but it's quite a heavy motor, and won't be that great for offroad, which is why I suggested the 205 w/ hubsinks and statorade.

Back