Kunteng KT 36/48SVPRK light output

Honestly, it's just enough juice to switch a relay.

I wouldn't try to power any light directly with this "output".

If you do, chances are you'll damage that circuit and end up with a light that turns on/off with the controller vs on/off with the LCD control.

Light output voltage is your battery voltage, but current you can draw there only 100mA, so if you have 52v battery, then it is only 5.2 watt max so use it only to power relay etc, and use that to connect your light to powersource. Don't forget to add diode protection next to relay coil. Since an inductor (the relay coil) cannot change it's current instantly, the diode provides a path for the current when the coil is switched off. Otherwise, a voltage spike will occur possibly destroying switching transistor.

Thank you, unfortunately I saw the responses too late.. I measured my lights (with dc-dc converter) to 300mA. But I believe there is also spikes when it turns on.
Well, I thought it was not much, and connected it. It worked for a very short while, now I dont have a light utput anymore :oops:

I will take the controller apart and see if i can fix it.

Now I have come around to take the controller apart. It seems like the only damage is a burnt resistor. The problem is, I can not see what values it should have. Does anyone here know, or possibly have a dissasambled controller and can take a look at the resistor?

vp0zC3ql.jpg

Hello,

I had resistor R3 burned and transistor Q1 in short circuit.
I solved replacing R3 with a 500mA fast fuse and Q1 with BDX54C (power darlington transistor with compatible pinout).

I hope this can help someone.

Back