Phase voltage polarity and mosfets

newbiehere

100 mW
I understand that the ebike motor winding config is in a Wye configuration, with 6 mosfet power transistors switching the polarity of the poles to repel the rotor magnets, but would like to ask the following;

1. my controller is rated at 36 volts, does that mean that for one phase wire, there is +36 volts and for the opposite pole wire there is - 36 volts? if there is - 36 volts on that wire (winding) how is that achieved?

2. 2 windings are being used, 1 floats, so for the 2 windings, is a N channel mosfet being used for the + pole and a P channel mosfet being used for the - pole?

thanks for any information

There are multiple ways to wind and power brushless motors, not just Wye and 6 fets.

For the details on how various controllers work, I'd recommend going to the several DIY controller and powerstage design threads, which have discussions about design (and design choices for particular things and their reasons), as well as schematics / diagrams.

There is also a few threads about how brushless stuff works in general; this search finds some of them (not everything is relevant but should be obvious by title):
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=brushless+work*&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Back