You were right,.. there is a lot of drag on the aluminum when I spin the rotor with the drill.
26 magnets makes a big difference, and even at 10mm away it will start to drag the drill down.
At 5mm it will have enough power to spin the test piece of aluminum below it, and at 1mm
the drill will have a hard time turning it.
I hate it when I'm wrong.
So, new stator plates made out of glass board are a 'must' in the future. But I don't think it's going
to keep this motor from working,.. it's not going to be near as efficient, but it should still spin.
At least enough for a test.
It doesn't help that I crushed the bearing seal when I made the adapter for the drill, and need a
new bearing. But the good news is that after looking closely at the bearing cap, I noticed that
it was rubbing in the center, which is one reason why the rotors were turning so hard. (I think)
Rub mark in the center of the cap
I have the new wire for the cores, and when I get the new bearing, I can get some test results for
the different coil configurations,.. fix the rub on the cap, and move forward with rewinding all
Two steps back, one step forward.