Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5, vlcd6 and xh18

Electric Motors and Controllers
chri27.5   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 34
Joined: Jan 25 2019 9:46am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by chri27.5 » Oct 08 2019 12:55am

Per intanto ti ringrazio nuovamente,
per cui i valori da usare su Ramp Dw dovranno essere

Minimo 0.6
Massimo 1.3
Abitualmente uso 1.0
Ho riscontrato unaltro Bag sulla velocità, il display indica una velocità di 99 km e non fornisce assistenza.
Gentilmente avresti il tempo per risolvere questo problema.
Ottimo lavoro👏👏👏

flufferty   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 37
Joined: Apr 22 2017 4:00pm

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by flufferty » Oct 08 2019 1:59am

Ackmaniac wrote:
Sep 30 2019 6:10pm
Just forked the repository and added my changes. Also added a pull request to stancokes repository. Feel free to give it a try.
Features are
Changes from battery current to motor current as the main control loop.
Range of the torque sensor is set to a maximum. Old firmware only supported 32 ADC steps. Don't know where the ADC is in idle but if it is in the middle (128) then there are 127 steps to 255 instead of only 32.so you should feel a steady increase in output power when you add more power.
Errors are now also.shown after a mode change. Also overtemperature error E06 will start to blink when the temperature power reduction has started and become solid when the max temperature is reached.
Thanks for this! I'm coming from 19c-037 and your firmware feels like a breath of fresh air. I totally understand what you mean about "not knowing the motor is there". It's so smooth now! It might be placebo but it also feels a lot quieter overall.

Michael B   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 22
Joined: Oct 03 2019 10:56pm

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Michael B » Oct 10 2019 10:37am

I agree flufferty. :thumb:

I'm only using it at low power with a 48V 500W motor on a cyclocross bike used for commuting on sealed road with VLCD5 display.

Aquakitty   100 W

100 W
Posts: 171
Joined: Jun 10 2017 3:07pm

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Aquakitty » Oct 12 2019 1:42pm

Hi I gave this firmware a try as I fried one of my KT-LCD3.

I was testing the temperature using the throttle in. When I connect it, it shows E06. Is this what it's supposed to do (not under load, just sitting there)?
Rans Enduro Sport w/Sturmey-Archer XFRD8, TSDZ2 open source mod 48v
GT Verb Comp f/s TSDZ2 open source 48v
Diadora Ampio bargain f/s TSDZ2 48v
2020 Diamant 247 belt drive 1000w 9C 48v
Hardtail made from random bits I had laying around, ginormous old Marzocchi fork, BBS02

Badmotor   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 19
Joined: Sep 09 2019 5:06am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Badmotor » Oct 13 2019 6:31am

Is Ackmaniac's update meant for 36v motors? I am a bit hesitant to try in case there's some type of a bug again that might fry the circuits :roll:

Elinx   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 348
Joined: Aug 09 2019 6:58am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Elinx » Oct 13 2019 9:33am

Badmotor wrote:
Oct 13 2019 6:31am
,...
..36v motors? ...
.....a bug again that might fry the circuits...
Marcoqs configurator let you set up 36V or 48V. The controllers are the same so no change of frying the circuits of it. If you setup 48V for a 36V motor and keep the power low as for 36V, the current will be lower with lesser chance for frying the copper.
The problem with custom firmware is the amount of settings that you can choose. It is easy to configure higher power the motor can handle. But it is possible to use a temperature sensor that can prevent frying the motor.
Last edited by Elinx on Oct 13 2019 4:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aquakitty   100 W

100 W
Posts: 171
Joined: Jun 10 2017 3:07pm

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Aquakitty » Oct 13 2019 12:05pm

Can someone answer me about the E06 temperature issue? When I connect the wires I get E06. However, I am testing it by installing through a cut throttle and into the VLCD5 itself. Why would this matter? I've tested the wires and they are correct (5v where it should be, etc).

Basically will the temp monitor only work if spliced into the motor cable instead of throttle cable?

For the record I've had another VLCD5 apart when I soldered in a KTLCD3 in the past. Inside the removable portion of the VLCD5 where the wires go in is a little circuit board that routes the brakes and throttle to the correct inputs. This is why I figure it should work... but evidently not. Just curious as to why this is the case.
Rans Enduro Sport w/Sturmey-Archer XFRD8, TSDZ2 open source mod 48v
GT Verb Comp f/s TSDZ2 open source 48v
Diadora Ampio bargain f/s TSDZ2 48v
2020 Diamant 247 belt drive 1000w 9C 48v
Hardtail made from random bits I had laying around, ginormous old Marzocchi fork, BBS02

Ackmaniac   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 27
Joined: Jan 02 2017 8:30pm

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Ackmaniac » Oct 14 2019 7:08pm

When you see E06 then that means that the overtemperture is reached.
Just test your temp sensor with a multimeter what it gives at the signal pin. It should be actual temperature multiplied by 10 in mv.
So 230mv means 23 degrees.
Problem with the recommended temp sensor is that there are too many fake in the world. Seems like some chines manufacturer produced another IC and labeled it wrong. I bought 2 from ebay and they were something else as well. Had to buy a propper one from a trusted place like mouser, conrad or digikey.

Ackmaniac   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 27
Joined: Jan 02 2017 8:30pm

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Ackmaniac » Oct 14 2019 7:09pm

flufferty wrote:
Oct 08 2019 1:59am
Ackmaniac wrote:
Sep 30 2019 6:10pm
Just forked the repository and added my changes. Also added a pull request to stancokes repository. Feel free to give it a try.
Features are
Changes from battery current to motor current as the main control loop.
Range of the torque sensor is set to a maximum. Old firmware only supported 32 ADC steps. Don't know where the ADC is in idle but if it is in the middle (128) then there are 127 steps to 255 instead of only 32.so you should feel a steady increase in output power when you add more power.
Errors are now also.shown after a mode change. Also overtemperature error E06 will start to blink when the temperature power reduction has started and become solid when the max temperature is reached.
Thanks for this! I'm coming from 19c-037 and your firmware feels like a breath of fresh air. I totally understand what you mean about "not knowing the motor is there". It's so smooth now! It might be placebo but it also feels a lot quieter overall.
Thx for testing. Great that you like it.

Atrihalov   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 38
Joined: Nov 14 2017 1:30am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Atrihalov » Oct 16 2019 5:40am

Has anyone tested the firmware with new changes? I wanted to hear an opinion.

Ackmaniac   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 27
Joined: Jan 02 2017 8:30pm

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Ackmaniac » Oct 16 2019 5:43am

I also see that power assist for level 3 doesn't work. (errror is also in marcos version)
If you step up from level 2 it is the same power as on level 2 and if you step down from level 4 it stays at the power of level 4.

I fixed the error in my repository.
https://github.com/AckmaniacSoftware/TS ... D6-display

Ackmaniac   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 27
Joined: Jan 02 2017 8:30pm

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Ackmaniac » Oct 16 2019 5:52am

flufferty wrote:
Oct 08 2019 1:59am
Ackmaniac wrote:
Sep 30 2019 6:10pm
Just forked the repository and added my changes. Also added a pull request to stancokes repository. Feel free to give it a try.
Features are
Changes from battery current to motor current as the main control loop.
Range of the torque sensor is set to a maximum. Old firmware only supported 32 ADC steps. Don't know where the ADC is in idle but if it is in the middle (128) then there are 127 steps to 255 instead of only 32.so you should feel a steady increase in output power when you add more power.
Errors are now also.shown after a mode change. Also overtemperature error E06 will start to blink when the temperature power reduction has started and become solid when the max temperature is reached.
Thanks for this! I'm coming from 19c-037 and your firmware feels like a breath of fresh air. I totally understand what you mean about "not knowing the motor is there". It's so smooth now! It might be placebo but it also feels a lot quieter overall.
flufferty did

Badmotor   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 19
Joined: Sep 09 2019 5:06am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Badmotor » Oct 16 2019 1:22pm

Ackmaniac wrote:
Oct 16 2019 5:43am
I also see that power assist for level 3 doesn't work. (errror is also in marcos version)
If you step up from level 2 it is the same power as on level 2 and if you step down from level 4 it stays at the power of level 4.

I fixed the error in my repository.
https://github.com/AckmaniacSoftware/TS ... D6-display

Does throttle work in your firmware or is it for temp sensor only ? I have neither. But planning to install throttle soon.

Hypermobile   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 4
Joined: Aug 28 2019 12:48pm

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Hypermobile » Oct 16 2019 3:15pm

Badmotor wrote:
Oct 16 2019 1:22pm
Ackmaniac wrote:
Oct 16 2019 5:43am
I also see that power assist for level 3 doesn't work. (errror is also in marcos version)
If you step up from level 2 it is the same power as on level 2 and if you step down from level 4 it stays at the power of level 4.

I fixed the error in my repository.
https://github.com/AckmaniacSoftware/TS ... D6-display

Does throttle work in your firmware or is it for temp sensor only ? I have neither. But planning to install throttle soon.
i believe there is only 1 analog input

Could be the Throttle or it could be the temp sensor; not both. afaik


But, with some creativity it could be both.
Install throttle on the Analog input. configure that.

And mount a tempsensor on the motor, read the temp with an Arduino.
and manipulate the E-brake switch input (also with arduino) to cut off the drive.

Such a circuitboard i use on my wood stove to trigger the Heat fan
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-Heat-C ... SwoPpaXaeN

marcoq   1 W

1 W
Posts: 63
Joined: Dec 17 2018 3:55am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by marcoq » Oct 16 2019 5:03pm

Ackmaniac wrote:
Oct 16 2019 5:43am
I also see that power assist for level 3 doesn't work. (errror is also in marcos version)
If you step up from level 2 it is the same power as on level 2 and if you step down from level 4 it stays at the power of level 4.

I fixed the error in my repository.
https://github.com/AckmaniacSoftware/TS ... D6-display
Thanks Ackmania for reporting the bug .... four eyes are better than two :)

Ackmaniac   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 27
Joined: Jan 02 2017 8:30pm

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Ackmaniac » Oct 17 2019 9:09am

Your welcome,
there is also a bug that it doesn't show error codes anymore when a drive mode was changed. I fixed that already in my changes. So please have a look for that as well.

brobro   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 11
Joined: Jul 12 2019 5:29am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by brobro » Oct 17 2019 2:27pm

Guys can you help please, after the last update of Ackmaniac repo, i feel like the motor lost some power.

Also there almost no difference of the motor power between 1st 2nd and 3rd ( e-mtb ) assist levels. Only 4th makes me a rocket :flame: And walk-assist stopped working. ( I tried to select walk-assist off delay, i thought it should help to remove delay before assist start )

And i really don't feel any difference in the motor behavior between 2nd assist level ( normal mode ) and 3rd assist level ( e-mtb mode ) and this feel was the same even before this update.

Before i used 0.3.6 of Marcoq with the same config as shown on the screenshot below. With new Ackmaniac version i use same settings.

Image

Ackmaniac   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 27
Joined: Jan 02 2017 8:30pm

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Ackmaniac » Oct 18 2019 3:05am

2 days ago i fixed the bug when you switch from 2nd to 3rd. And give it a try without EMTB mode.

Here is a screenshot of the settings i use. But be aware that i have a 14S battery. So it might be better to use lower "Motor over Speed ERPS" when you have a 13S or 10S battery.
2019-10-18 10_06_16-TSDZ2 Controller's Parameters Configurator.jpg
2019-10-18 10_06_16-TSDZ2 Controller's Parameters Configurator.jpg (239.04 KiB) Viewed 1947 times

ilu   100 W

100 W
Posts: 101
Joined: Oct 18 2019 10:51am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by ilu » Oct 18 2019 11:41am

Ackmaniac wrote:
Oct 18 2019 3:05am
2 days ago i fixed the bug when you switch from 2nd to 3rd. And give it a try without EMTB mode.

Here is a screenshot of the settings i use. But be aware that i have a 14S battery. So it might be better to use lower "Motor over Speed ERPS" when you have a 13S or 10S battery.
Ackmaniac, I tested your version and the motor feels really smooth. But eMTB mode doesn't seem to be working, however strong or fast I was pushing the pedals, assistance wouldn't be more than at 1st level. I have the latest version from Oct 16th. When I turned off eMTB mode, the 3rd level worked as it should. Also the walk assist function doesn't work at all, I'm not using the Off Delay mode. I have a 36v motor and VLCD6.

Ackmaniac   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 27
Joined: Jan 02 2017 8:30pm

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Ackmaniac » Oct 18 2019 11:45am

Thx for the info, i will have a look.

But what is special about the EMTB mode compared to the normal mode?

ilu   100 W

100 W
Posts: 101
Joined: Oct 18 2019 10:51am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by ilu » Oct 18 2019 12:39pm

Ackmaniac wrote:
Oct 18 2019 11:45am
Thx for the info, i will have a look.

But what is special about the EMTB mode compared to the normal mode?
In my understading the eMTB mode uses a wider variety of assist level and takes cadence into account in addition to torque. Thus with high cadence the motor gives more power even with lesser torque, like when using a small gear to go uphill or in difficult terrain.

I got the walk assist to function by enabling the Off Delay and now it works with that setting off as well.

Perhaps the motor amps work differently in eMTB code and the parameters need some tweaking.

godofglow   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 23
Joined: Oct 19 2019 2:46am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by godofglow » Oct 19 2019 3:05am

Hi @all,

I also want to order (some components are already ordered) a TDSZ2 (48V 750W) with a XH18 and a battery with the following details.

// Motor and Display
TDSZ2
48V 750 W
XH18 Display

// Battery
48V 15Ah
13S3P
max. continuous current 20A
max. peak current 30A (10 seconds)

In a second step i try to test the FW from Marcoq (because of the XH18) display but still have some open questions after reading this topic:

- It is possible to switch back to the stock firmware and where is this stock formware available?
- Are there any proposals settings or expierence (no throttle, no eMTB, no brake sensor, up to 45kmp) for a normal street usage available?

Thanks a lot

Thomas

dameri   100 W

100 W
Posts: 182
Joined: Sep 20 2018 10:57am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by dameri » Oct 19 2019 3:46am

godofglow wrote:
Oct 19 2019 3:05am
Hi @all,

I also want to order (some components are already ordered) a TDSZ2 (48V 750W) with a XH18 and a battery with the following details.

// Motor and Display
TDSZ2
48V 750 W
XH18 Display

// Battery
48V 15Ah
13S3P
max. continuous current 20A
max. peak current 30A (10 seconds)

In a second step i try to test the FW from Marcoq (because of the XH18) display but still have some open questions after reading this topic:

- It is possible to switch back to the stock firmware and where is this stock formware available?
- Are there any proposals settings or expierence (no throttle, no eMTB, no brake sensor, up to 45kmp) for a normal street usage available?

Thanks a lot

Thomas
Motor and display: http://www.pswpower.com/ven.php?cargo.2018-4c-gj4p

Battery, not the cheapest but good: https://enerprof.de/en/ebike-batteries/ ... n-kit?c=71

Elinx   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 348
Joined: Aug 09 2019 6:58am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Elinx » Oct 19 2019 5:34am

godofglow wrote:
Oct 19 2019 3:05am
.....

- It is possible to switch back to the stock firmware and where is this stock formware available?
- Are there any proposals settings or expierence (no throttle, no eMTB, no brake sensor, up to 45kmp) for a normal street usage available?....
You can backup and reflash your stock firmware with the same software as you use for flashing OSF >> ST Visual Programmer
If you have forgotten to backup your stock FW, it is possible to download it here at Eco Cycles.

For an explination of settings I advice to read Ashrambo's Blog (Spanish, so use Gtranslate)

More to find at:
Github of stancecoke
Jobike (Translated-Italian)
Elem (Translated-French)

Badmotor   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 19
Joined: Sep 09 2019 5:06am

Re: Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5

Post by Badmotor » Oct 21 2019 6:12am

Delete this
Last edited by Badmotor on Oct 21 2019 8:17am, edited 3 times in total.

Post Reply