Vedder Anti-Spark switches. Extras for sale.

Place for dealers to post items for sale.

Vedder Anti-Spark switches. Extras for sale.

Postby sl33py » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:32 am

Hi All. Got a couple made because i really wanted to build my own. PCB's are inexpensive and had a few extra made.

Offering up the extras to the community for i hope a reasonable "kit" price. $25 ea plus cost to ship to you. Flat rate shipping in the US $4 (for as many as you'd like).
Any international folks - shipping i'll get the exact price to your destination and that's all you pay. Just PM me your address when you let me know you want 1/2/3.

I've already had a lot of folks PM me from my build thread. It will be first come first served. PM me. Hope this helps someone else get a great anti-spark switch.

This is not a business or make it rich quick plan. It may take a day or two to package and ship - since i have a real job (also busy), but promise i'll get it sent off asap.

Also - I plan on donating 1/2 of any profit to Vedder - this is his work, not mine. I'd like a few bucks for my time and shipping materials. I expect i'll get $5-10 maximum each (split w/ Vedder) which i hope to put into a reflow oven. I have about 20 extras. I've already donated 50 euro to Vedder and hope to get another chunk to donate to a hard working guy who's made this available to us all!

So here's what i have: PCB's, and components from Mouser:
I'll make sure they are all labeled and taped down, plus in original reel containers.

You will need to get the rest - switch, wire, connectors, fuse (simple ATO), and solder paste:

You will need ability/tools to do SMD soldering. Hot air setup or reflow oven, or reflow skillet... or maybe just super steady hands and a super fine solder tip. I used hot air on mine for the SMD's.

There you have it! PM me if interested and i'll edit when they are all gone. Thanks all!
Last edited by sl33py on Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
sl33py
10 kW
10 kW

Re: Vedder Anti-Spark switches. Extras for sale.

Postby makithepaki » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:06 pm

i would be intressted in making my own. Where can i get the plans
makithepaki
1 mW
1 mW

Postby JackDaviesDesign » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:00 am

i would be intressted in making my own. Where can i get the plans

https://github.com/vedderb/SparkSwitch
JackDaviesDesign
10 µW
10 µW

Postby cycborg » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:14 pm

Are the FETs IRFS7530? Note that these have a voltage rating of 60 V, so they're probably safe up to 12s. Unfortunately, IR doesn't have a similar FET with the same footprint with a 100 V rating. For a 75 V rating, you can substitute IRFS7730-7P, which should be safe up to 15s.

Anybody know of higher-voltage FETs with the same footprint and reasonable Rdson?
cycborg
1 kW
1 kW

Postby perbear » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:33 pm

cycborg wrote:Are the FETs IRFS7530? Note that these have a voltage rating of 60 V, so they're probably safe up to 12s. Unfortunately, IR doesn't have a similar FET with the same footprint with a 100 V rating. For a 75 V rating, you can substitute IRFS7730-7P, which should be safe up to 15s.

Anybody know of higher-voltage FETs with the same footprint and reasonable Rdson?

These covers 80-100V;:
AUIRLS4030-7P
AUIRFS4010-7P
AUIRLS4030-7TRL
IRLS4030TRL7PP
IRLS4030TRL7PP
IRLS4030TRL7PP
IRFS4010TRL7PP
IRFS4010TRL7PP
IRFS4010TRL7PP
IRFS4010-7PPBF
IRLS4030-7PPBF
FDB024N08BL7
FDB024N08BL7
FDB024N08BL7
perbear
100 mW
100 mW

Postby teklektik » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:07 pm

sl33py wrote:Also - I plan on donating 1/2 of any profit to Vedder - this is his work, not mine. I'd like a few bucks for my time and shipping materials. I expect i'll get $5-10 maximum each (split w/ Vedder) which i hope to put into a reflow oven. I have about 20 extras. I've already donated 50 euro to Vedder and hope to get another chunk to donate to a hard working guy who's made this available to us all!

Frankly, it would be very nice if folks started referring to this as the Fechter-Vedder Anti-Spark Switch since the fechter designed the circuit and vedder did the board.

Here is the post where vedder switched his design to fechter's. Vedder links to fechter's post in his github directory where the PCB files are located (https://github.com/vedderb/SparkSwitch).

I'm a big fan of the contributions made by ES members....
What say we recognize ALL the guys on the team?

Inrush Limiter 3.jpg
fechter
Inrush Limiter 3.jpg (20.36 KiB) Viewed 3443 times
Schematic.png
vedder
Schematic.png (36.17 KiB) Viewed 3443 times
Visit Grin Technologies at www.ebikes.ca
Build Thread: 2WD Yuba Mundo V4
teklektik
1 GW
1 GW

Postby Ryuudan » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:20 am

Do you still have them? I would build my own, but don't have the tools or experience in SMD soldering.
Ryuudan
100 mW
100 mW

Postby akiraEC » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:53 pm

Where are you located ?

Envoyé de mon ASUS_Z00AD en utilisant Tapatalk
akiraEC
100 W
100 W

Postby Ryuudan » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:01 am

I'm in Japan.
Ryuudan
100 mW
100 mW

Postby Thud » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:34 am

teklektik wrote:
sl33py wrote:Also - I plan on donating 1/2 of any profit to Vedder - this is his work, not mine. I'd like a few bucks for my time and shipping materials. I expect i'll get $5-10 maximum each (split w/ Vedder) which i hope to put into a reflow oven. I have about 20 extras. I've already donated 50 euro to Vedder and hope to get another chunk to donate to a hard working guy who's made this available to us all!

Frankly, it would be very nice if folks started referring to this as the Fechter-Vedder Anti-Spark Switch since the fechter designed the circuit and vedder did the board.

Here is the post where vedder switched his design to fechter's. Vedder links to fechter's post in his github directory where the PCB files are located (https://github.com/vedderb/SparkSwitch).

I'm a big fan of the contributions made by ES members....
What say we recognize ALL the guys on the team?

Inrush Limiter 3.jpg
Schematic.png

Credit where credit is due. Fechter simply modified original art from Jeremy Harris.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=40142#p586436
notice Jeremy's circuit is from 2012
get some......

All information & advice provided by Thud are "Open Source" & free for personal use & distribution under the following agreement linked below.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/
Thud
100 MW
100 MW

Postby RootedSuperuser » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:47 pm

I noticed on your site that you have updated the switch, refined it a bit more.
Although for me, I would wire in a key switch and do my own pigtails, its for a bike pack.
Without wires/pushbutton and comes with a wiring schematic would be fine for me,
You don't post any ratings for the item, I'm presuming a BMS that outputs 58.8V(Max) 30A from a 14S6P battery pack may be the limit of your device.
My question to you is: Will this item be applicable for my use?
Last edited by RootedSuperuser on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total. View post history.
RootedSuperuser
100 mW
100 mW

Postby teklektik » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:42 pm

Thud wrote:Credit where credit is due. Fechter simply modified original art from Jeremy Harris.

Completely wrong.
Examine the schematics - they are obviously different.
Read the explanations in the thread.
Fechter's design fixes a problem in Jeremy's design by forcing a linear gate voltage. This is the magic that prevents the circuit from eating FETs.
This is not 'modified art'. It is a fundamental design change that significantly alters the way the circuit operates.
Jeremy's circuit follows the same path that Vedder was pursuing before he switched to Fechter's concept - read Vedder's comments in the referenced thread above.
Visit Grin Technologies at www.ebikes.ca
Build Thread: 2WD Yuba Mundo V4
teklektik
1 GW
1 GW

Postby RootedSuperuser » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:03 pm

teklektik wrote:
Thud wrote:Credit where credit is due. Fechter simply modified original art from Jeremy Harris.

Completely wrong.
Fechter's design fixes a problem in Jeremy's design by forcing a linear gate voltage. This is the magic that prevents the circuit from eating FETs.
This is not 'modified art'. It is a fundamental design change that significantly alters the way the circuit operates.
Jeremy's circuit follows the same path that Vedder was pursuing before he switched to Fechter's concept - read Vedder's comments in the referenced thread above.

^^^^^^^
DUDE .... I REALLY DON'T CARE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SPEW ABOUT!
If you don't have something to provide as answer to my question....STOP SPAMMING WITH USELESS INFO I DID NOT REQUEST.
So in this case ... WILL EITHER OF THEM WORK FOR ME!
RootedSuperuser
100 mW
100 mW

Postby t_tberg » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:58 pm

RootedSuperuser wrote:
teklektik wrote:

Completely wrong.

^^^^^^^
If you don't have something to provide as answer to my question....STOP SPAMMING WITH USELESS INFO I DID NOT REQUEST.

teklektik does more for this community than you could imagine. The world doesn't revolve around you, Rootedstupiduser
t_tberg
100 W
100 W

Postby RootedSuperuser » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:07 am

t_tberg wrote:
RootedSuperuser wrote:
teklektik wrote:

Completely wrong.

^^^^^^^

teklektik does more for this community than you could imagine. The world doesn't revolve around you, Rootedstupiduser

DUDE...WTH is your problem?!
He has a sale here and all you want to do is f###ing annoy the buyer...ME!
Now *iss off and let him answer my question and make a sale, or I will be the leaving to spend my money elsewhere and he can point his finger at you for losing a sale!
Don't you know when to back off and keep your mouth shut?
RootedSuperuser
100 mW
100 mW

Postby madin88 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:27 am

Man, you should get banned from this forum because of your way of expressing!

teklektik corrected a false satement, so it was anything but spam.
- Votec V-FR frame / MXUS 3T / 17" Mitas MC11 / Adaptto Max-E / 20s12p 25R -> approved as L1e moped and fully road legal in EU :)
- Vector white / MXUS 4T / 24" Hookworms / Adaptto Max-E / 22s11p 25R
- KTM Hardtail Pedelec / eZee V2 6T / 27,5" / Kelly KBSX @ 1,5kW / Torque PAS / CA-V3 / 13s4p Sanyo GA in Shark case
madin88
10 MW
10 MW

Postby t_tberg » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:24 am

RootedStupiduser wrote:
t_tberg wrote:

DUDE...WTH is your problem?!
He has a sale here and all you want to do is f###ing annoy the buyer...ME!
Now *iss off and let him answer my question and make a sale, or I will be the leaving to spend my money elsewhere and he can point his finger at you for losing a sale!
Don't you know when to back off and keep your mouth shut?[/quote]

sl33py isn't looking for a quick buck he made that clear here
sl33py wrote:
This is not a business or make it rich quick plan. It may take a day or two to package and ship - since i have a real job (also busy), but promise i'll get it sent off asap.

I don't think he'd care about loosing a sale, I'm sure everyone would love to see less of you around here
t_tberg
100 W
100 W

Postby Doctorbass » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:41 pm

Please keep respect in mind ...

Teklektik.............Posts: 3314
RootedSuperuser Posts: 32

RootedSuperuser, you are new here and have the same goal as everyone here: share, have fun with ebike and be happy....

Teklektik has done ALOT for the E-S community..!!!
I guess if you would better know him you would correct your language and have big respect for him.

Innapropriate Language on E-S has never been tolerated.

Lets be constructive, 8)

RootedSuperuser, please find a way to improove communication and make everyone happy, including you. :wink:

Doc
Last edited by Doctorbass on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
CURRENT PROJECT: 2WD duo MXUS/Max-E ebike 32kW
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=65764
-Fastest speed record 117 km/h on flat
-Fastest 1/4 mile@ 114km/h on flat and 16.316 sec
-Succeded to haul a 19200 pounds schoolbus!
113kmh Gianthttp://www.evalbum.com/3406
Mongoosehttp://www.evalbum.com/1947
YOUTUBE---https://m.youtube.com/user/Doctorbasss
http://twitter.com/DocbassMelancon
I speak FRENCH and english
Doctorbass
100 GW
100 GW

Postby cal3thousand » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:45 pm

RootedSuperuser wrote:
teklektik wrote:

Completely wrong.

^^^^^^^

Another person here to chime in regarding teklektik's MASSIVE contributions to this community INCLUDING dispelling bad information and quackery.

@RootedSuperuser Stop waiving your consumerist flag around here. Knowledge and respect speak on this forum, not dollars. I suggest you shut your loud wallet and pay with respect (in your choice of language and angles of communication)
Get a Cycle Analyst and a Multimeter, you're still a noob if you don't have at least one of each.

Planning on posting questions or buying anything on this site? Put up your country (at minimum) on your profile. This is a worldwide forum and we haven't reached clairvoyance.
cal3thousand
1.21 GW
1.21 GW

Postby neptronix » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:29 am

rootedsuperuser, this thread is not about you. If you don't like a post, scroll by it. I don't want to see any more drama in this thread.

Let the guy sell his stuff in peace and let's move on.
My first major build: 8T MAC motor on a Trek 4500.
The new all-arounder: Leafmotor 1500w on a Turner O2 full suspension.
The wheelie machine: 20" Rear Magic Pie II on a Trek 4300 MTB

"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now."- Chinese Proverb
neptronix
100 GW
100 GW

Postby tomjasz » Mon May 15, 2017 2:16 am

Kind of a confusing thread, who has the pcb kit or finished device. I have no flow over. Can i still build or is there a finished kit or partially finished?
Thanks Justin_le we're here thanks to you. All the best to the mods for their tireless work keeping it on an even keel.
tomjasz
1 GW
1 GW

Postby cal3thousand » Mon May 15, 2017 1:50 pm

tomjasz wrote:Kind of a confusing thread, who has the pcb kit or finished device. I have no flow over. Can i still build or is there a finished kit or partially finished?

From what I understand:
It's $25 for a the parts you see taped to the paper. You'd have to build it yourself. $29 gets you one to your door, $54 for 2, and $79 for 3.
Get a Cycle Analyst and a Multimeter, you're still a noob if you don't have at least one of each.

Planning on posting questions or buying anything on this site? Put up your country (at minimum) on your profile. This is a worldwide forum and we haven't reached clairvoyance.
cal3thousand
1.21 GW
1.21 GW

Postby cycborg » Mon May 15, 2017 2:45 pm

tomjasz wrote:Kind of a confusing thread, who has the pcb kit or finished device. I have no flow over. Can i still build or is there a finished kit or partially finished?

As to whether you can build it, there's this:

sl33py wrote:Hot air setup or reflow oven, or reflow skillet... or maybe just super steady hands and a super fine solder tip. I used hot air on mine for the SMD's.

So there are a couple non-oven options.

That said, sl33py hasn't posted on this thread in a year and a half, so I wouldn't be optimistic. He said he only had "a couple" made, so this thread kinda looks like a week of sales, followed by months of drama. :?
Last edited by cycborg on Mon May 15, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
cycborg
1 kW
1 kW

Postby tomjasz » Fri May 19, 2017 11:23 pm

Thanks,

I try every year to get into the senior program at the community college in electronics but it's apparently on paper. Seats available only if class isnt filled. So... horticulture and electronic skills are mega miles apart. I envy those who've gained the skills. I'll just admire the work...
Thanks Justin_le we're here thanks to you. All the best to the mods for their tireless work keeping it on an even keel.
tomjasz
1 GW
1 GW

Return to Items for Sale - New