Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Place for dealers to post items for sale.

Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Postby motomoto » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:49 am

We should get a list going as to who is really interested in a Sur-Ron bike.

Let's get 4 categories going; Put down your forum name for what you are interested in and let's order up some bikes !!!

1. 48 volt dirt version
2. 48 volt supermoto
3. 60 volt dirt version
4. 60 volt supermoto

supermoto.jpg
Supermoto
supermoto.jpg (75.33 KiB) Viewed 1245 times

dirt version.jpg
dirt version.jpg (131.79 KiB) Viewed 1243 times
Last edited by motomoto on Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
motomoto
100 W
100 W

Re: Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Postby motomoto » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:51 am

I paid for a bike a couple of weeks ago with the factory. I should have it in a couple of weeks air shipped to northern California. If the sample bike meets my standards, I am going to do a crowdfunding campaign
to pay for a 40 foot container sent to the states with 120 bikes. I have been negotiating with the factory on the price for the 120 bikes. I am not trying to make money on this shipment of bikes but am interested
in supplying hop-ups, parts, service, racing setups etc. in the future.

There's a Facebook page called Motomoto as well as a Motomoto group page to discuss the Sur-Ron bike and how we can make it better.

These guys did a fantastic job designing the bike in 5 months. Here is the story. Just right click the page and click on translate to English.

http://www.newmotor.com.cn/html/epc/84110.html

I recognize excellence in style, design, and engineering and I think this bike has it all. Yes, it is not a Matt Shumaker rocket bike, but maybe it could be.

Let's find out who is willing to spend between $2,000 and $2,500 on a credit card for a bike.

Whatever your final price turns out to be, I think the bang for the buck is going to be amazing.
Last edited by motomoto on Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
motomoto
100 W
100 W

Postby rumme » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:20 pm

The frame looks very small . Would someone over 6ft tall, be comfortable on this ?
rumme
1 kW
1 kW

Postby motomoto » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:53 pm

Yeah, those are little guys in the pictures and videos.

I can't say what you would be comfortable with. I came from the Minimoto world where 6 foot plus guys would ride Honda XR 50s and won races.
Last edited by motomoto on Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
motomoto
100 W
100 W

Postby motomoto » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:16 pm

Just got these photos today. I don't think these bikes are vaporware.

https://spark.adobe.com/page/0NfG0kcND0pPb/
Last edited by motomoto on Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
motomoto
100 W
100 W

Postby MoonBassMan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:16 pm

I'm interested in a 60v dirt version. I'd like to put my name on the list (for round one or two)
MoonBassMan
1 W
1 W

Postby motomoto » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:17 am

Sure thing MoonBassMan. I made the factory another offer this time on a 20 foot container for 60 bikes. I only expect about 5 Endless Sphere members to get in on the USA group buy, so there is going
to be a lot of outside letting people know about this bike. It's hard for me to really hit it until I have a bike and do some videos and get it out there. I will be hitting it hard when I get back in the country
the 18th of October. Then it's on like Donkey Kong until we reach 60 bikes sold. By that time the factory should have things rolling and can do the 60 in a reasonable amount of time. Getting a price locked
in is important so people know how much they will be paying. The shipment will probably come into Oakland California so expect shipping charges to wherever it needs to go from the Sacramento area where I live.
motomoto
100 W
100 W

Postby MoonBassMan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:05 am

motomoto wrote:Sure thing MoonBassMan. I made the factory another offer this time on a 20 foot container for 60 bikes. I only expect about 5 Endless Sphere members to get in on the USA group buy, so there is going
to be a lot of outside letting people know about this bike. It's hard for me to really hit it until I have a bike and do some videos and get it out there. I will be hitting it hard when I get back in the country
the 18th of October. Then it's on like Donkey Kong until we reach 60 bikes sold. By that time the factory should have things rolling and can do the 60 in a reasonable amount of time. Getting a price locked
in is important so people know how much they will be paying. The shipment will probably come into Oakland California so expect shipping charges to wherever it needs to go from the Sacramento area where I live.

Sounds like a plan. Good to hear. Does that mean I can expect the second round to arrive end of October?
MoonBassMan
1 W
1 W

Postby motomoto » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:35 pm

I don't know what to expect out of the factory. They are probably having the usual problems of ramping up a production line. They could have major problems or
minor problems in any quantity. They have been putting off shipping me a sample bike. I do production startups all the time owning a CNC machine shop
for 29 years. When you have a lot of parts and they all have to work properly it can take some time or a lot of time. If you are reputable and want a good reputation
you make sure everything is pretty perfect before it goes out the door. So I would give them the time they need to get it sorted out. We will all have to wait.
motomoto
100 W
100 W

Postby Allex » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:32 pm

Feel free to use my spread sheet for collecting orders. I created new spread inside named USA

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by Allex on Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
Allex
100 MW
100 MW

Postby devo1223 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:03 pm

I'm interested in a 60v dirt also and didn't realized you were so close to me so even better. This would be my perfect bike if it had pedals. It sounds like you are capable of fabricating. You think this would fit: http://sickbikeparts.com/bottom-bracket ... ge-226-mm/. Extend the 2nd stage shaft out a bit and put a sprocket on it. I'd like to hear your feedback once you receive yours before I commit. Maybe come down and throw a leg over it?
Rocky Mtn switch/Lyen 18 fet/18s5p tesla cells
Mxus 3k turbo 3t in 17in moto rim
50mph
devo1223
1 W
1 W

Postby motomoto » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:51 pm

Thanks Allex

Let's USA guys use Allex's spread sheet. Just click on the USA tab at the bottom.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

We might change it at some point, but it is good for now.
motomoto
100 W
100 W

Postby motomoto » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:26 am

Hey Devo1223,

You should just get one and ride the S**t out of it in Lake Tahoe. I've been dirt bike riding there. There's tons of riding places. Check with the local authorities and see what they say
for riding it on the street. This is California. Electric is cool. I am going to make one street legal. They make all kinds of kits to make dual sport bikes legal. We could have brake lights
and turn signals and a headlight. It's not tough wiring for this group.

I think it's time to break out of the powered bike lie. The 15 kilowatt bicycle thing is a joke. I think it's time to step out of the closet. Ok, so we have to get a licence plate.
It would be fun to use on the streets and trails especially in Tahoe. These bikes wouldn't be legal for the freeway, but so what. I think this would be a great bike to break the mold with.
motomoto
100 W
100 W

Postby scrambler » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:08 pm

motomoto wrote: The 15 kilowatt bicycle thing is a joke. I think it's time to step out of the closet. Ok, so we have to get a licence plate.

I think the idea is starting to sink in the mind of the builders.

LMX Now has an EU homologated model
http://www.lmxbikes.com/en/full-lmx-bik ... eride.html

And Neematic say they have plans for an homologated version too.

I do think there is value in both a Pedal assist bike with Moped Homologation, and a Moto configuration with a Moped or Motorcycle homologation. But Motorcycle homologation costs a LOT of money if done by a manufacturer.

Pedal assist and motorcycle are two different usage type that both have merits :)
Last edited by scrambler on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
scrambler
100 W
100 W

Postby devo1223 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:12 pm

I agree 15kw with pedals might be silly, but I don't think that is what the Sur-Ron is. 3kw? Here's the thing, I like to pedal, and I like to go fast. I've been commuting with my 80lb hubmotor bike between two small towns for years, pedaling 20mph through town then punching it in between with no hassle. Even 10min of peddling before work is a great way to start the day. I'm not trying to pollute this thread, but I think putting some pedals on this thing has its merits. It won't detract me from this purchase. I'd rather someone with better tools/skills does it but I'll give it a try.
Rocky Mtn switch/Lyen 18 fet/18s5p tesla cells
Mxus 3k turbo 3t in 17in moto rim
50mph
devo1223
1 W
1 W

Postby motomoto » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:14 pm

Devo1223,

The Sur-Ron bike was designed from the ground up to have pegs with no thought towards it being a pedal bike. You should look at other bikes that are designed to be pedaled.

I designed a Bafang BBSHD bike with the motor flipped around in back with a quick change battery pack in Solidworks. I laid my design over the Sur-Ron bike and it was similar in size.

bike 2.JPG

bike 2 sur-ron 2.JPG
motomoto
100 W
100 W

Postby motomoto » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:28 am

Just thought I would post something, I have been watching all 3 Sur-ron threads. It seems like ponying up $3K for an unknown is a big gamble for most people.
I am not a gambler by any means, it takes a couple of drinks to get me to the blackjack table with 50 bucks. I always bet on myself however, I back up my
ideas by buying all kinds of crap to back up my latest plan. I have a ton of motors, controllers, batteries, probably everything but hub motors, but my go-to bike
is a Sondors with a hub motor.

I am betting on the Light Bee bike by plunking down $3.2K . I have about 60 emails back and forth with the factory. I am turning 60 and I
have been working for the last 40 years straight. I've been training a young fellow for the last 7 years to take over my shop and he is ready. I am a
life long bicycle/motorcycle freak and love electric powered bikes. I love dirt bikes and got to race Baja about 10 years ago and rode the high speed section
at over 100 mph. It was terrifying. I am glad to cross that one off my bucket list.

So, I see this Sur-ron bike. To me, it is a marvel of engineering, style and design. I've decided, if possible, I would like to support people who buy this bike
in the US. If they need help with repairs or parts or hop ups, I would like to help them out so that they have a fun experience owning this bike. Yes, I know,
what kind of idiot would want to do that? For some reason, this idiot, and for some reason it sounds fun.

My bike is on it's way through customs on that side of the pond, so I might see it in a couple of weeks.
Last edited by motomoto on Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
motomoto
100 W
100 W

Postby tinasdude » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:50 am

Would your shop be able to put lights and turns signals on this bike , upon arrival, if purchased?
tinasdude
1 W
1 W

Postby jmarzano » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:55 pm

For the supermoto, what's the top speed?
jmarzano
1 µW
1 µW

Postby motomoto » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:56 pm

Would your shop be able to put lights and turns signals on this bike , upon arrival, if purchased?

I have a CNC machine shop. That would be great to put together a kit that fits the bike with all the street legal stuff. It looks
like it's only good for 40-45 mph so you would have to choose the roads accordingly if it could be legalized. I will have to go talk to the
guys at the CHP station by my shop and see what they say.
motomoto
100 W
100 W

Postby fredfire » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:57 pm

I would be very much interested in a 60v dirt version. I am in Canada but if it saves alot on the shipping I can pick it up in the USA and transfer it myself.
It seems to be very high quality for the price they ask, I am very curious of the first real review of this bike.
fredfire
100 mW
100 mW

Postby andrebandre » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:51 pm

Added myself to the USA list on Alex's document. At least i hope so.
andrebandre
100 mW
100 mW

Postby dirkdiggler » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:07 pm

Just saw this thread. I have emailed back and forth with them too. They want a bank transfer, ie. No PayPal or credit card option for protection. I would love to invest in a bunch of bikes. I think they'll sell great if the price stayed around $3k. If someone does a container full, you might be close to that. I know that 60v 25ah battery isn't cheap, same for the forks. That's a big chunk of the price. I've thought about going over to ride and pick it up. Just unsure if I could get it on the plane without paying the same shipping costs. I always hate trying to have a product shipped where 30% of the cost is shipping!
Put me down for one, but I might have already ordered direct. Another thing is it's getting cold around here and I might want to wait for spring and some reviews.
dirkdiggler
10 kW
10 kW

Postby motomoto » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:01 pm

I was told the bike to Northern California should be delivered this week. I will do videos and be on ES about it as soon as I get it.
It should be fun.
motomoto
100 W
100 W

Postby dirtlife » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:33 am

I am anxious and looking forward to a review from motomoto. It sounds very promising. I have added myself to the spreadsheet as a potential buyer if the SUR-RON turns out to be a nice ride. My location is Florida. Good luck motomoto.
dirtlife
1 mW
1 mW

Return to Items for Sale - New