FREY eMTB with Bafang m600 is developing with your ideas!

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
LowkeeRider   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 35
Joined: Jul 18 2012 1:32am

Re: FREY eMTB with Bafang m600 is developing with your ideas!

Post by LowkeeRider » Jun 29 2018 1:31am

@Frey, most people interested on this bike wants a 14s battery not 13s. A 14s5P would be awesome if not a 14s4P but make the battery fit slick integrated into the downtube.

Drop Dead Fred   10 W

10 W
Posts: 95
Joined: Dec 16 2017 3:51pm

Re: FREY eMTB with Bafang m600 is developing with your ideas!

Post by Drop Dead Fred » Jun 29 2018 11:27pm

Frey bikes, it looks to me that the motor is not turned up high enough. It should be sharper angle as the chainstay is still 14mm longer than Specialized Turbo Levo FSR Fattie which is a big bike.

You need to look closer at some other designs for turning motor more up....
Attachments
M600 - Promance.png
M600 - Promance.png (193.02 KiB) Viewed 1472 times

Animalector   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 802
Joined: Mar 17 2012 4:50pm
Location: Mareeba - Queensland

Re: FREY eMTB with Bafang m600 is developing with your ideas!

Post by Animalector » Jun 29 2018 11:45pm

Turbo levo is 459mm RC length. This is 460mm which seems pretty good to me.

I've seen many of the to brand name bikes anywhere between 440(Merida eOne sixty) up to 475mm (haibike) most between 450 and 470 though. I think it will handle just fine. It's not like it's super long like 530mm or anything.

Andy

Drop Dead Fred   10 W

10 W
Posts: 95
Joined: Dec 16 2017 3:51pm

Re: FREY eMTB with Bafang m600 is developing with your ideas!

Post by Drop Dead Fred » Jul 03 2018 12:16am

I stand corrected Andy, I had thought I read that the stay was 475 for some reason and 459 to 460 is just fine.
Fred
Animalector wrote:
Jun 29 2018 11:45pm
Turbo levo is 459mm RC length. This is 460mm which seems pretty good to me.

I've seen many of the to brand name bikes anywhere between 440(Merida eOne sixty) up to 475mm (haibike) most between 450 and 470 though. I think it will handle just fine. It's not like it's super long like 530mm or anything.

Andy

Drum   100 W

100 W
Posts: 246
Joined: Dec 29 2013 1:20pm
Location: Otaki New Zealand

Re: FREY eMTB with Bafang m600 is developing with your ideas!

Post by Drum » Jul 03 2018 12:48am

Hi DDFred,
I think the first day Frey had the new bike up on their website they had the Chainstay length listed as 474mm, which is the same as the AM1000 bike. I contacted Ivy and asked about that dimension because earlier on Frey indicated that they could get the chainstay length shorter than the AM1000.
I didn't get a reply from Ivy, but I did see the dimension had changed on the website the next day. I guess they did a copy & paste from the AM1000 page and changed some of the numbers, but forgot to change that one.

I had been hoping for 450mm, but 460 is ok.. less nimble but better climbing, and well within the range of lengths used by the major manufacturers.
Dave

Animalector   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 802
Joined: Mar 17 2012 4:50pm
Location: Mareeba - Queensland

Re: FREY eMTB with Bafang m600 is developing with your ideas!

Post by Animalector » Jul 03 2018 5:09am

Id like to know if it really will be less nimble. It's only 10mm? Can anyone actually confirm after riding say a 475mm chain stay. Then jumping on a 460mm chain stay if there was a significant difference.

I rode the eOne Sixty Merida and it was a wheelie machine. Very nimble but 439mm chain stay...

Thoughts
Andy

Drum   100 W

100 W
Posts: 246
Joined: Dec 29 2013 1:20pm
Location: Otaki New Zealand

Re: FREY eMTB with Bafang m600 is developing with your ideas!

Post by Drum » Jul 03 2018 3:31pm

I rode a Trek Powerfly with a 474mm chainstay length, and it felt a lot harder to lift the front wheel over obstacles than the Turbo Levo with a 459mm chainstay, but it did climb well!
Of course, they use different motors, different other geometry, and it was a different day on different trails etc, so hard to compare.
I haven't ridden the Merida, but reviews say it is very nimble and lifts the front easily with its shorter chainstay length.
So there is a range of about 35mm from the short (Merida, 439mm) to the long (Trek, 474mm) and experienced reviewers say there is a very significant difference having ridden all the bikes in the same place on the same day.
I enjoyed the Turbo Levo, so I think 460mm should be fine.

Surfingjeff   10 W

10 W
Posts: 67
Joined: Feb 27 2018 11:43pm
Location: San Diego

Re: FREY eMTB with Bafang m600 is developing with your ideas!

Post by Surfingjeff » Jul 06 2018 3:15am

Ivy at Frey
will you let me know the frame weight of this bike I understand this bike weighs 25.7 kg . Also since you all have produced a Carbon Fiber Bike will you make a carbon fiber version of this bike with the new M600 Bafang motor .

18650   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 17
Joined: Feb 26 2018 3:00pm

Re: FREY eMTB with Bafang m600 is developing with your ideas!

Post by 18650 » Jul 12 2018 1:26am

@Frey Ebikes,
does the motor on the M600 (G521) also come with steel gears, as on the AM1000 (Ultra G510)?

ouka-ebike   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 3
Joined: Jul 12 2018 11:11pm
Contact:

Re: FREY eMTB with Bafang m600 is developing with your ideas!

Post by ouka-ebike » Jul 12 2018 11:49pm

Hi dear friend

I am very sorry, It is my mistake. In fact bafang newest M420, M500/M600, M800 mid drive motor system we are not selling yet. And we had not produce complete electric bikes.

But newest Bafang M620 drive system MM G510.750/1000 48v 1000w mid drive motor with DP C18.UART color LCD display. we have produced ebike in bulk 1 year ago. The website last picture is the rear bikes.
http://www.ouka-ebike.com/bafang-mm-g51 ... 03472.html

That bike use complete bafang m 620 system without battery. It is rear rack battery.

If you need the news of bafang newest mid drive motor system. contact me.

Bafang M420, M500, M600, M800 system complete kit without battery and charger, price is around 590USD - 635 USD. MOQ: 50 sets Sample price is 800 USD include door to door shipping cost.

M620 mid drive motor system MM G510.750/1000 48v 1000w complete kit without battery and charger 635 USD MOQ: 30 Sets
Sample price is 800 USD include door to door shipping cost.


Because different battery case could match different frame design. So we never use and selling bafang battery. Please understand. About battery case there is following website optional. http://en.kssssj.cn/ http://www.reention.com/ http://www.cn-huiye.com/en/proslb.aspx? ... d=4&page=1 Those are china biggest battery case manufacture. About battery cells, the famouse brand Samsung , LG , panasonic , sanyo and so on. We can help match, just need you confirm which battery case and cells brand you are prefer.

For more detail feel free send questions.

Henry

tinasdude   10 W

10 W
Posts: 99
Joined: Jun 14 2014 11:01am
Location: Evans, Ga.

Re: FREY eMTB with Bafang m600 is developing with your ideas!

Post by tinasdude » Jul 13 2018 9:58pm

An integrated battery, even if it is smaller, would be my preference. Can always carry a spare. Nothing stealthy about the bike in its present form.

Surfingjeff   10 W

10 W
Posts: 67
Joined: Feb 27 2018 11:43pm
Location: San Diego

Re: FREY eMTB with Bafang m600 is developing with your ideas!

Post by Surfingjeff » Jul 18 2018 12:58am

download/file.php?id=236226 Enclosed post from before on a Carbon Fiber Frame avaialable now for $800 full suspension designed around the Bafang M600 rated at 120 Newton’s is plenty of power .

Drop Dead Fred   10 W

10 W
Posts: 95
Joined: Dec 16 2017 3:51pm

Re: FREY eMTB with Bafang m600 is developing with your ideas!

Post by Drop Dead Fred » Jul 19 2018 9:40am

Surfingjeff wrote:
Jul 18 2018 12:58am
download/file.php?id=236226 Enclosed post from before on a Carbon Fiber Frame avaialable now for $800 full suspension designed around the Bafang M600 rated at 120 Newton’s is plenty of power .
Surfing Jeff,
Is this on Alibaba? And would you happen to have the link?
Thanks,
DDF

Surfingjeff   10 W

10 W
Posts: 67
Joined: Feb 27 2018 11:43pm
Location: San Diego

Re: FREY eMTB with Bafang m600 is developing with your ideas!

Post by Surfingjeff » Jul 20 2018 5:46am

No link it was a quote to me on a e mail since the bike was just being designed go back to that link you will find the latest pictures of the first bikes out of that mold.that post has all the latest prices I have not gotten the final configuration quoted yet but am getting close .


Drop Dead Fred   10 W

10 W
Posts: 95
Joined: Dec 16 2017 3:51pm

Re: FREY eMTB with Bafang m600 is developing with your ideas!

Post by Drop Dead Fred » Jul 21 2018 9:30am

Surfingjeff wrote:
Jul 20 2018 5:46am
No link it was a quote to me on a e mail since the bike was just being designed go back to that link you will find the latest pictures of the first bikes out of that mold.that post has all the latest prices I have not gotten the final configuration quoted yet but am getting close .
Thanks guys, I actually had found it and wrote them.
Quote I got was $800.00 and under $100 for shipping.
Getting shipping info now to see availability. Still not totally sure about carbon frame for ebike, although it does say 2 year warranty.

Here are the specs I got from them. It appears the chain stay is at 458mm and Frey's is at 440 makes it about 3/4 inch longer or 18mm if so inclined. Still shorter than AM1000.
Attachments
M09.png
M09.png (198.56 KiB) Viewed 1006 times

18650   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 17
Joined: Feb 26 2018 3:00pm

Re: FREY eMTB with Bafang m600 is developing with your ideas!

Post by 18650 » Jul 21 2018 10:59am

And where can you find the batteries? Are you planning to switch frames (does the Dengfu frame come with wire harness)?

Drop Dead Fred   10 W

10 W
Posts: 95
Joined: Dec 16 2017 3:51pm

Re: FREY eMTB with Bafang m600 is developing with your ideas!

Post by Drop Dead Fred » Jul 21 2018 2:45pm

18650 wrote:
Jul 21 2018 10:59am
And where can you find the batteries? Are you planning to switch frames (does the Dengfu frame come with wire harness)?
Doesn't come with anything but the frame.
You have to purchase the motor, controller and battery separately. Along with everything else to build a bike and if you haven't built your own bike before I would not suggest it. I have custom built about 25 bikes over the years and honestly enjoy it. But to be honest by the time I'm done it might have been cheaper to buy the Turbo Levo FSR Carbon! Just not as satisfying. :)

There are a few motor, controller and battery kits out there and seems to be $600 - $800 for a kit. I might ask Ivy what they would sell me one for since I'm owner of the AM1000.

Still looking into it as I'm researching brakes right now. I'd like to get the Sram Code RSC as those are what is on the Turbo Levo FSR Carbon but having issue finding them with ebike controller attached\built in and not into gluing as we all know that heavy off road use would destroy them.

And for anyone thinking you can build it cheaper, you can. You just cannot build it better! I've never built mtn bikes for cheap, I build mtn bikes to perform!

Never forget cheap bike perform like cheap bikes!

Frame $800
M600 Motor, controller, battery $600
Fork Ohlins RXF 36 $1100
Rear shock Fox Float DPx2 $500
Brakes Sram Code RSC $500
Wheels, Stans No Tubes Sentry MK3 Hope pro 4 hubs $550
Tires, Schwalbe Knobby Nic 2.8 Tubeless $200
Sram EX1 system $200
Bars, Seat and Seat tube plus incidentals $350
See where this is going, total $4350

Would like to bring it in around 45 - 49lbs. As I think that is a sweet spot if I can hit it. Have to find out the weight of the DengFu frame.

On a side note the 2018 Turbo Levo FSR Carbon has a 459mm chainstay and this one is 458 so def needs a closer look.

Animalector   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 802
Joined: Mar 17 2012 4:50pm
Location: Mareeba - Queensland

Re: FREY eMTB with Bafang m600 is developing with your ideas!

Post by Animalector » Jul 23 2018 10:29pm

I don't think you'll get the M600 motor and battery for $600USD..

Pretty sure SRAM EX1 is > $200USD as well...

otherwise let me know where you're getting them and I can buy mine from there.

But yeah you're correct, it's not a cheap exercise, but cheaper than big name brands, with hopefully equal quality. In my opinion there's good carbon products being made at the moment.

Andy

Animalector   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 802
Joined: Mar 17 2012 4:50pm
Location: Mareeba - Queensland

Re: FREY eMTB with Bafang m600 is developing with your ideas!

Post by Animalector » Jul 24 2018 5:47pm

I am sure the Dengfu site said Bafang M600 the other day, but now it is Shimano Motor... did anyone else notice this change? or am I dreaming?

Drop Dead Fred   10 W

10 W
Posts: 95
Joined: Dec 16 2017 3:51pm

Re: FREY eMTB with Bafang m600 is developing with your ideas!

Post by Drop Dead Fred » Jul 26 2018 11:18am

Drop Dead Fred wrote:
Jul 21 2018 2:45pm
18650 wrote:
Jul 21 2018 10:59am
And where can you find the batteries? Are you planning to switch frames (does the Dengfu frame come with wire harness)?
Doesn't come with anything but the frame.
You have to purchase the motor, controller and battery separately. Along with everything else to build a bike and if you haven't built your own bike before I would not suggest it. I have custom built about 25 bikes over the years and honestly enjoy it. But to be honest by the time I'm done it might have been cheaper to buy the Turbo Levo FSR Carbon! Just not as satisfying. :)

There are a few motor, controller and battery kits out there and seems to be $600 - $800 for a kit. I might ask Ivy what they would sell me one for since I'm owner of the AM1000.

Still looking into it as I'm researching brakes right now. I'd like to get the Sram Code RSC as those are what is on the Turbo Levo FSR Carbon but having issue finding them with ebike controller attached\built in and not into gluing as we all know that heavy off road use would destroy them.

And for anyone thinking you can build it cheaper, you can. You just cannot build it better! I've never built mtn bikes for cheap, I build mtn bikes to perform!

Never forget cheap bike perform like cheap bikes!

Frame $800
M600 Motor, controller, battery $600
See where this is going, total $4350

Would like to bring it in around 45 - 49lbs. As I think that is a sweet spot if I can hit it. Have to find out the weight of the DengFu frame.

On a side note the 2018 Turbo Levo FSR Carbon has a 459mm chainstay and this one is 458 so def needs a closer look.
Here's an update for you guys. Also not to forget this is to build something comparable to the Specialized Turbo Levo FSR Carbon, just not comparable on price. :)

Latest quote is Frame, rear axle, Motor, Battery... new tariff with shipping.... $2100.00 shipped to the US.

Fork Ohlins RXF 36 $1100
Rear shock Fox Float DPx2 $500
Brakes Sram Code RSC $500
Wheels, Stans No Tubes Sentry MK3 Hope pro 4 hubs $550
Tires, Schwalbe Knobby Nic 2.8 Tubeless $200
Sram GX1 system as I was reading EX is going away $200
Bars, Seat and Seat tube plus incidentals $350
Total parts $3050
Frame, Axle, Battery, Motor $2100
Total $5150

Now if you're thinking well how about I buy Frey bike and remove parts you will still need Frame and Custom Battery.
Frey M600 Bike price showing on Alibaba Web site $2690
Carbon frame $800.00
Battery $335.00
shipping $800.00
Tariff $400.00
Total= $5026.00

So, you now have come close to equaled the price of the Specialized Turbo Levo FSR Carbon and don't have the upgraded wheels, fork, rear shock or brakes to match. And in case you are wondering if the upgraded parts are worth it? I built a set of Stans MK3 wheels for my AM1000 and took off 2.5lbs\1.4K of rotational weight! So yes you get what you pay for...

Also I just received another quote with Tariff added, so it's coming for everything. Although I did read that if the value is below $800 then there is no tariff.... looking into that to see if varying purchase by amounts could help. Of course you are then hit with multiple shipping fees.

I wonder if there might be a source locally in the US for batteries, that would get by on some shipping issues and tariffs on Lithium batteries.

Def food for thought here guys. Kind of leaves you with a not sure which direction to go as I really like the hidden battery system but man not really a good price if you know what I mean. Plus I already have an AM1000 and it is an awesome bike I will say that!

Surfingjeff   10 W

10 W
Posts: 67
Joined: Feb 27 2018 11:43pm
Location: San Diego

Re: FREY eMTB with Bafang m600 is developing with your ideas!

Post by Surfingjeff » Jul 27 2018 6:31am

Drop Dead Fred wrote:
Jul 21 2018 2:45pm
18650 wrote:
Jul 21 2018 10:59am
And where can you find the batteries? Are you planning to switch frames (does the Dengfu frame come with wire harness)?
Doesn't come with anything but the frame.
You have to purchase the motor, controller and battery separately. Along with everything else to build a bike and if you haven't built your own bike before I would not suggest it. I have custom built about 25 bikes over the years and honestly enjoy it. But to be honest by the time I'm done it might have been cheaper to buy the Turbo Levo FSR Carbon! Just not as satisfying. :)

There are a few motor, controller and battery kits out there and seems to be $600 - $800 for a kit. I might ask Ivy what they would sell me one for since I'm owner of the AM1000.

Still looking into it as I'm researching brakes right now. I'd like to get the Sram Code RSC as those are what is on the Turbo Levo FSR Carbon but having issue finding them with ebike controller attached\built in and not into gluing as we all know that heavy off road use would destroy them.

And for anyone thinking you can build it cheaper, you can. You just cannot build it better! I've never built mtn bikes for cheap, I build mtn bikes to perform!

Never forget cheap bike perform like cheap bikes!

Frame $800
M600 Motor, controller, battery $600
Fork Ohlins RXF 36 $1100
Rear shock Fox Float DPx2 $500
Brakes Sram Code RSC $500
Wheels, Stans No Tubes Sentry MK3 Hope pro 4 hubs $550
Tires, Schwalbe Knobby Nic 2.8 Tubeless $200
Sram EX1 system $200
Bars, Seat and Seat tube plus incidentals $350
See where this is going, total $4350

Would like to bring it in around 45 - 49lbs. As I think that is a sweet spot if I can hit it. Have to find out the weight of the DengFu frame.

On a side note the 2018 Turbo Levo FSR Carbon has a 459mm chainstay and this one is 458 so def needs a closer look.
You quoted my post on Dengfu bike. It’s 3000gram frame . I have a built up price on a bike by them Came out to $ 3163 less saddle and seat post since they could not get a dropper for me . Specs not as nice as yours Yari Forks and monarch shocks , deore group , carbon wheels , carbon bars and stem I’ll have a weight when they build up a sample. The Frey bike at $2650is better speced except for the carbon wheels and stem and bars . Maybe toss up since Frey has xt and Magura brakes . But both of these bikes are assembled and tested . I really want to see the difference in weight . The carbon wheels are 1850grams 50mm width pretty light for big wheels . Has anybody driven the M600 bike tested yet in us? I’m ordering two bikes . If anybody needs more details for pm me. The battery is 14.8ahr 48volt LG cell .fo only $300 umm I might order another at that price . Double the range .

Surfingjeff   10 W

10 W
Posts: 67
Joined: Feb 27 2018 11:43pm
Location: San Diego

Re: FREY eMTB with Bafang m600 is developing with your ideas!

Post by Surfingjeff » Jul 27 2018 6:40am

Animalector wrote:
Jul 24 2018 5:47pm
I am sure the Dengfu site said Bafang M600 the other day, but now it is Shimano Motor... did anyone else notice this change? or am I dreaming?
It’s either one they make frame that can accomdate both . It’s vertually the same frame.

Drop Dead Fred   10 W

10 W
Posts: 95
Joined: Dec 16 2017 3:51pm

Re: FREY eMTB with Bafang m600 is developing with your ideas!

Post by Drop Dead Fred » Jul 27 2018 5:14pm

Surfingjeff wrote:
Jul 27 2018 6:40am
Animalector wrote:
Jul 24 2018 5:47pm
I am sure the Dengfu site said Bafang M600 the other day, but now it is Shimano Motor... did anyone else notice this change? or am I dreaming?
It’s either one they make frame that can accomdate both . It’s vertually the same frame.
They are actually all out of Shimano and only 1 Bafang left as it is 2 separate frames. While it is virtually the same frame the motor mount system is casted differently. I attached a spec sheet from another vendor but selling the same frames. So not sure who really is making this frame system. Melody is offering the last frame (Bafang) with free headset if you want to jump on it.

I'm guessing that with the Shimano Steps the motor is slightly shorter as you can get a 55mm travel rather than a 51mm equating to 151mm vs 135mm for the Bafang of wheel travel. I mean that is what 16mm so 5/8" not that big of deal.

Surfing Jeff, where did you get the battery as I have not found one yet, the main reason why I have not ordered the frame yet? Also where did you get a rear shock, 200*51mm?

And do you have a picture? Really would like see this built up!

Fred
Attachments
Comparison.png
Comparison.png (37.63 KiB) Viewed 848 times

Surfingjeff   10 W

10 W
Posts: 67
Joined: Feb 27 2018 11:43pm
Location: San Diego

Re: FREY eMTB with Bafang m600 is developing with your ideas!

Post by Surfingjeff » Jul 28 2018 1:14am

Drop Dead Fred wrote:
Jul 27 2018 5:14pm
Surfingjeff wrote:
Jul 27 2018 6:40am
Animalector wrote:
Jul 24 2018 5:47pm
I am sure the Dengfu site said Bafang M600 the other day, but now it is Shimano Motor... did anyone else notice this change? or am I dreaming?
It’s either one they make frame that can accomdate both . It’s vertually the same frame.
They are actually all out of Shimano and only 1 Bafang left as it is 2 separate frames. While it is virtually the same frame the motor mount system is casted differently. I attached a spec sheet from another vendor but selling the same frames. So not sure who really is making this frame system. Melody is offering the last frame (Bafang) with free headset if you want to jump on it.

I'm guessing that with the Shimano Steps the motor is slightly shorter as you can get a 55mm travel rather than a 51mm equating to 151mm vs 135mm for the Bafang of wheel travel. I mean that is what 16mm so 5/8" not that big of deal.

Surfing Jeff, where did you get the battery as I have not found one yet, the main reason why I have not ordered the frame yet? Also where did you get a rear shock, 200*51mm?

And do you have a picture? Really would like see this built up!

Fred
The battery quote was part of my quote for the entire Dengfu bike I’m guessing here but must be 14S 4-5P dependent on LG cell they are using 14.7 ahr . This is mounted with hardware they had a line drawing and some pictures of a key lock . They will have the whole sample bike built up in two days . The shock is Rock Shock MNRP RC3 (200x57mm)$293 But here is the Kicker Ivy at Frey said the Bafang M 600 is limited to 35kph ! By the provided controller . Umm does that mean I need to reprogram I have no idea my M2s with Bafang 500 watt hub motor bike already was hot wired but not sure about M600 . I’m asking Dengfu ask Bafang if options to have off road mode is what it’s called. The only other option is Grin Technology Cycle analyst 3.0 and wiring harness made in Germany for Bafang with correct connectors for plug and play .but add $250 . Any thoughts anybody reprogrammed Bafang ? Why would the ultra be unlimited and the M600 be governed to such slow speed? I’ll have up to date pictures on the other post Dengfu Carbon Fiber bike with Bafang M 600 mid drive in couple days .

Post Reply