A few years ago I began working on a company which aimed to produce premium high power ebikes, with exceptional design and handling characteristics.
After 3 iterations, we settled on the commercial design, had over 30 jigs manufactured to produce 5 frame set prototypes. While the frames were scheduled for delivery in July 2017, our manufacturer failed to deliver on their promised date, and instead finished 5 months later - at which point we had exhausted our funding and decided to focus our efforts elsewhere.
I've had 5 of these frame sets sitting in my warehouse since they were delivered - and since I don't have the time to build them out, I have decided to sell 4 of them on here.
The frame was designed with:
- CNC bent + welded aluminum tube
- Tapered headtube
- Use of schlumpf speed drive (Bottom bracket is NOT threaded)
- 155mm rear dropout width
- Intention to be used with 100 21700 cells
The frame will require some basic fabrication to finish. Namely:
- Add shock attachment points to swingarm and main frame
- Add bolt-on rear dropouts
- Add battery cover (3D printed plastic, or fiberglass layup, or even sheet metal construction)
- Machine rear pivot shaft (very simple piece)
Thanks to the trellis design, each frame set weighs ~3.5kG. Coupled with some high power electronics and batteries, you could have a rigid 14Kw bike that weighs ~30 - 35kG.
Considering all the above, I am offering each frame for $499 + shipping. I will be keeping one of the frames for myself, to finish building at some point in the future, so I will only have 4 frames to sell.
Frames are located in Daytona Beach, FL, USA. Will ship internationally, however buyer must pay cost.
Last edited by thinmint
on Oct 26 2018 6:30am, edited 1 time in total.