Smartphone EV trip dashboard + NAV - Android/iOS - $119

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
\ (•◡•) /   100 mW

100 mW

Re: Smartphone EV trip dashboard + NAV - Android/iOS - $119

Post by \ (•◡•) / » Oct 30 2018 7:11am

Does anyone have an idea as to why my motor temperature sensor (It's the stock sensor in a QS205, either a kty83/120 or kty84/130) is showing as 93 Celsius on NTC mode and 100 Celsius on PTC mode?
Cheers! :)

Powervelocity.com   10 kW

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Oct 30 2018 10:55am

Probably requires calibration. Please PM or email and we'll get it fixed.
\ (•◡•) / wrote:
Oct 30 2018 7:11am
Does anyone have an idea as to why my motor temperature sensor (It's the stock sensor in a QS205, either a kty83/120 or kty84/130) is showing as 93 Celsius on NTC mode and 100 Celsius on PTC mode?
Cheers! :)

inirico   10 µW

10 µW

Post by inirico » Dec 02 2018 5:11am

:bigthumb:
Last edited by inirico on Dec 02 2018 5:13am, edited 1 time in total.

inirico   10 µW

10 µW

Post by inirico » Dec 02 2018 5:12am

Dear Sir,

I have downloaded your app and am interested in ordering your pre-programmed module. Is it a HC-06?

I am planning to use it on an ev motorcycle which has QS273 8KW BLDC hub motor, connected to GreenTime controller 72V 5KW and 20s24p LithiumIon battery 72 V 70 AH.

I am starting to learn more about ev, so there are some question:
1. How much would it be to order one or two of the module plus the shipping cost to Jakarta, Indonesia?
2. Attached is a wiring diagram that I prepare. would you kind enough to check, if i put the PV right
3. I could not find motor temperature connector, so how could I use the ports?
4. I could not find the regen connector. perhaps the controller does not has one would that cause a problem?
5. Will the module accompanied by a documentation on how to work on the program, setting, instalation?
6. Has the module support cell monitoring now? :D

Hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you.

regards,
rico

kabel-pespah2-1.jpg

Talon   1 mW

1 mW

Post by Talon » Dec 03 2018 11:02pm

I tried to download the new 2.3 version of software today from the Android Playstore for my 2017 PV 6 FET controller. I couldn't get it to download. I never had any issues with past updates. I have a LG V20 phone.

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Dec 04 2018 1:24am

Any error messages? Have you tried to uninstall and install it from the Store?
I uninstalled and reinstalled it from the Store just now without issues. If you can't even download it, would that be an indication of Internet connection problems?

The app is there in the store ready for download:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ity.EVdash

Talon wrote:
Dec 03 2018 11:02pm
I tried to download the new 2.3 version of software today from the Android Playstore for my 2017 PV 6 FET controller. I couldn't get it to download. I never had any issues with past updates. I have a LG V20 phone.

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Dec 04 2018 2:47am

It's using Bluetooth Low Energy 4.0 standard, not HC-06 (2.0) which is considered old tech by now (it still works fine though).
Below are responses to your questions one by one (in the same order):

1. The price is the same as advertised here ($119) to any country and the shipping is $15 to most countries as well (including Indonesia).
2. The diagram seems to be fine. You have to watch the pinout though. The module pinout is compatible with CA connector but you want to double check as there is high voltage there, so if the pinout is not standard on the controller, it will smoke the module, guaranteed.
3. There is a temperature input for motor and controller on the module. If you don't have those on either, I would recommend getting 10K NTC thermistor with beta 3435 (it would provide the most accurate readings).
4. As far as I know, greentime controllers have EBS- (Aka Low level brake) which seems to be present on your diagram. YOu would want to connect it to your brake levers.
5. Each setting in the app has a description - just tap on any setting and it will tell you what it does. For your setup, all you need to do is plug in the CA connector into the module (correctly). It's very important that you plug it into the right connector and double check the pinouts.
6. The module supports dashboard functionality for pretty much any controller with a CA connector (battery power, ground, shunt sense+ and -, speed pulse and throttle output). It also support programming PV controllers (it will not program greentime controllers). Cell monitoring would be very much specific to the protocol use by a specific BMS. There is chance we'll implement support for some existing BMS but there is a chance we'll just develop a new BMS with much better functionality.

I hope this helps but feel free to ask more questions if I missed anything.

inirico wrote:
Dec 02 2018 5:12am
Dear Sir,

I have downloaded your app and am interested in ordering your pre-programmed module. Is it a HC-06?

I am planning to use it on an ev motorcycle which has QS273 8KW BLDC hub motor, connected to GreenTime controller 72V 5KW and 20s24p LithiumIon battery 72 V 70 AH.

1. How much would it be to order one or two of the module plus the shipping cost to Jakarta, Indonesia?
2. Attached is a wiring diagram that I prepare. would you kind enough to check, if i put the PV right
4. I could not find the regen connector. perhaps the controller does not has one would that cause a problem?
5. Will the module accompanied by a documentation on how to work on the program, setting, instalation?

Thank you.

regards,
rico

Imagekabel-pespah2-1.jpg

kgasiorowicz   1 µW

1 µW

Post by kgasiorowicz » Dec 04 2018 2:57pm

Any chance that a sin/cos sensor will be added in addition to hall sensors? The motor I was looking at for my project (ME1507) only has a sin/cos sensor for speed.

inirico   10 µW

10 µW

Post by inirico » Dec 05 2018 6:42am

Thank you for your kind response,

1. I believe you accept paypal? I should ordered by email: sales?

2. I found a note regarding the GreenTime CA connector.. is it a standard pinout?
Screen-Shot-2018-12-05-at-18.07.57.jpg
Screen-Shot-2018-12-05-at-18.07.57.jpg
3. I think I am not brave enough to open a bldc motor, so perhaps I should just ignore the controller and motor temparature :(

4. ok. thank you for the info and suggestion.

5. will double double check the pinouts.

6. I am in no need to have a shunt withing the wiring, right? just connect your module to the CA connector (if it has the right pinout)? I will forget for the cell monitoring for right now.
BTW, how much will you sell your cell monitoring capable or better functioned BMS for 72V 35Ah (20s12p) or 72V 70Ah (20s24p)?

Thank you

Powervelocity.com wrote:
Dec 04 2018 2:47am
It's using Bluetooth Low Energy 4.0 standard, not HC-06 (2.0) which is considered old tech by now (it still works fine though).
Below are responses to your questions one by one (in the same order):

1. The price is the same as advertised here ($119) to any country and the shipping is $15 to most countries as well (including Indonesia).
2. The diagram seems to be fine. You have to watch the pinout though. The module pinout is compatible with CA connector but you want to double check as there is high voltage there, so if the pinout is not standard on the controller, it will smoke the module, guaranteed.
3. There is a temperature input for motor and controller on the module. If you don't have those on either, I would recommend getting 10K NTC thermistor with beta 3435 (it would provide the most accurate readings).
4. As far as I know, greentime controllers have EBS- (Aka Low level brake) which seems to be present on your diagram. YOu would want to connect it to your brake levers.
5. Each setting in the app has a description - just tap on any setting and it will tell you what it does. For your setup, all you need to do is plug in the CA connector into the module (correctly). It's very important that you plug it into the right connector and double check the pinouts.
6. The module supports dashboard functionality for pretty much any controller with a CA connector (battery power, ground, shunt sense+ and -, speed pulse and throttle output). It also support programming PV controllers (it will not program greentime controllers). Cell monitoring would be very much specific to the protocol use by a specific BMS. There is chance we'll implement support for some existing BMS but there is a chance we'll just develop a new BMS with much better functionality.

I hope this helps but feel free to ask more questions if I missed anything.

inirico wrote:
Dec 02 2018 5:12am
Dear Sir,

Thank you.

regards,
rico

Imagekabel-pespah2-1.jpg

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Dec 06 2018 3:44pm

Possible but It would be 100 times easier and faster to simply add a hall sensor to the motor.
kgasiorowicz wrote:
Dec 04 2018 2:57pm
Any chance that a sin/cos sensor will be added in addition to hall sensors? The motor I was looking at for my project (ME1507) only has a sin/cos sensor for speed.

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Dec 06 2018 3:53pm

1. PP works and you can send the details of your order to sales@powervelocity.com. We'll send you the invoice
2. The pinout you have is not exactly standard. The standard one that the module has goes like this:
Batt. Power +
Ground
Sense -
Sense +
Speed
Throttle out

3. You can cut a hole and a thread and bolt on the sensor to the heatsink. I would normally put sensors on a mosfet.
6. If you have a CA connector, that assumes your shunt is inside of the controller (Sense- and Sense+) but I can't know for sure how greentime wired it. I would just open it anyway and make sure.

I have some BMSes, so feel free to email with an inquiry - I'll provide the details.
inirico wrote:
Dec 05 2018 6:42am
Thank you for your kind response,

1. I believe you accept paypal? I should ordered by email: sales?

2. I found a note regarding the GreenTime CA connector.. is it a standard pinout?
Screen-Shot-2018-12-05-at-18.07.57.jpgScreen-Shot-2018-12-05-at-18.07.57.jpg

3. I think I am not brave enough to open a bldc motor, so perhaps I should just ignore the controller and motor temparature :(

4. ok. thank you for the info and suggestion.

5. will double double check the pinouts.

6. I am in no need to have a shunt withing the wiring, right? just connect your module to the CA connector (if it has the right pinout)? I will forget for the cell monitoring for right now.
BTW, how much will you sell your cell monitoring capable or better functioned BMS for 72V 35Ah (20s12p) or 72V 70Ah (20s24p)?

Thank you

inirico   10 µW

10 µW

Post by inirico » Dec 06 2018 11:27pm

thank you for your kind response.

1. will do

2. i should continue to find the wiring diagram for 72v 5kw greentime.. no luck yet.

3. on the controller?

4. if couldb't find the diagram, i will open the controller soon.

thank you
Powervelocity.com wrote:
Dec 06 2018 3:53pm
1. PP works and you can send the details of your order to sales@powervelocity.com. We'll send you the invoice
2. The pinout you have is not exactly standard. The standard one that the module has goes like this:
Batt. Power +
Ground
Sense -
Sense +
Speed
Throttle out

3. You can cut a hole and a thread and bolt on the sensor to the heatsink. I would normally put sensors on a mosfet.
6. If you have a CA connector, that assumes your shunt is inside of the controller (Sense- and Sense+) but I can't know for sure how greentime wired it. I would just open it anyway and make sure.

I have some BMSes, so feel free to email with an inquiry - I'll provide the details.

handbaked   10 W

10 W

Post by handbaked » Dec 08 2018 1:08pm

Received mine in hand today. Can't wait to implement it into my build.

1) Does it have any throttle ramping options? Will be using it with the lyen. The lyen has always been a bit aggressive on the start.

2) Am I right in saying that if I leave the throttle connected to my controller, I just disconnect the green wire coming from my controller to the CA connector?

3) how do I implement the temperature sensing automatic rollback of power?

Thanks.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Dec 10 2018 2:01pm

If you want to control the throttle via the BT module, you would need to connect the throttle to the module (3 pin connector as marked on the picture in the first post of this thread).

Then you would just need to plug in the CA connector to the controller. The green wire on the CA connector is the throttle output.

If you don't run the throttle via the BT module, you don't have to do anything to the green wire, just connect the throttle directly to the controller, rather than to the BT module.

The throttle delay/ramp up is not implemented just yet as my controllers allow to program that setting directly into the controller without modifying the throttle signal. But I'll probably implement throttle delay via a software update later on.

For temperature sensing, you would need to install/connect temperature sensors for controller and/or for the motor.
Power rollback is already pre-programmed and automatic for controller temp input. The throttle will be set to 1/2 when temperature gets to 70C. With my controllers, due to tighter integration, the BT can also send signal to the the controller to shut it down. if the temperature gets to 90C.

For the motor temperature power roll back, I will push a software update in the next few days. It will allow to set the roll back and shut off temperature thresholds for the motor temp input.
handbaked wrote:
Dec 08 2018 1:08pm
Received mine in hand today. Can't wait to implement it into my build.

1) Does it have any throttle ramping options? Will be using it with the lyen. The lyen has always been a bit aggressive on the start.

2) Am I right in saying that if I leave the throttle connected to my controller, I just disconnect the green wire coming from my controller to the CA connector?

3) how do I implement the temperature sensing automatic rollback of power?

Thanks.

handbaked   10 W

10 W

Post by handbaked » Dec 10 2018 2:09pm

Thanks very much for the info.

handbaked   10 W

10 W

Post by handbaked » Dec 10 2018 5:04pm

What is the name of the correct connectors to buy for this product? Are they molex 2510?