Introducing the newly brewed 12 FET 84-132V Infineon Programmable Brushless Controllers with high voltage IRFB4115 MOSFETs (EC124115-LYEN EDITION)
This is for a new, never used high voltage controller for racing in mind. It is originally designed people who have the gut for going above 40mph or 64kph. You are entering the light-motorcycle territory with this controller.
There are other reasons for utilize the controller below:
1. You want to give higher speed to your beefy and robust high torque low speed motors such as the Crystalyte 5306, 5305, 5304, 4011, 409, 408, BMC V2 Torque version, E-BikeKit 6x10 slower winding motor, Nine Continent - 9C 2807, Golden Motor HBS36 series, etc.
2. You have hub motors 20Ã¢â‚¬Â or smaller high torque wheels and need to find a way to boost significant speed
3. You have a hall sensors added RC motor (Turnigy & Astro in this case) but want to take the advantage of higher RPM or to improve the gear ratios for more torque and/or speed
4. You hate getting horned by cars behind you telling you to get out of their way
5. You think high voltage is cool
6. You want to horn cars in front of you telling them they are too slow
7. You want a high voltage high speed controller in a small enclosure/chassis
8. You want to win the Spooky Tooth Death Race and compete against gas engine cycles after all
9. You want to combine your two 48v battery packs in series together for the high speed experience at 96v
10. You want to combine your three 36v battery packs in series together for the even higher speed experience at 108v
One unique design is the welcome of the embedded switching power circuitry to step down the high voltage and feed the MCU (motor control unit). The static-state current switch module that draws only 22mA, which is about 1/3 current draw of the current controllers using the high power resistor. This way, the controller will run much cooler and more energy efficient.
Another unique feature of this controller is that it has an additional speed sensor circuitry built-in with an extra output lead/pin. It is to be used with the scooter style electric bike and electric scooters that have a speedometer in the dashboard that reads electrical pulses.
This version also uses lock washers to secure the MOSFET transistors internally and the heat transfer bar outside to place tension against a nut after tightening. It is also to help prevent the nut from loosening. The MOSFET transistors will get overheated and damaged when detached from the heat-sink which used to be the case from the previous designs.
By purchasing the controller, you understand the following:
1. Your electric bike may classified as a motorcycle class vehicle in most states
2. Riding at high speed may not be legal on public road without proper driverÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s license and auto insurance.
3. Risk of high voltage shock with improper high voltage batteries handling
4. Safety wears is advised and may required by law in most states
5. Typical bicycle cantilever, rim, and even disc brakes may not have sufficient stopping power
6. Typical bicycle frames are not designed for high speed application
7. Motorcycle class/training course(s) is highly recommended to ride safely at high speed
Note: Do not use a regular Cycle Analyst due to high voltage will destroy the internal circuitry. You should use the controller with the CA-LS model only.
This is a top of the line controller that comes with all the bells and whistles that are typical needed for the racing application including the CA connector, regen enable/disable jumper, USB-TTL plug, USB-TTL programming adapter with a push to send button and connector. Windows XP/Vista/7 32/64 bit operating system (real 32/64bit drivers). A special LVC calculation formula will be provided via PM or email upon purchase.
The size for the 12 FET controller is as follow. The end to end is 180mm with the mounting plate. Case end to end is 154mm with screws sticking out on each side. The height & width is same as the 18 FET one at 87 x 45mm.
Below is the specification:
Model: EC-124115-LYEN EDITION
Start immediate controller
Chipset: XCKJ8B116A (same chipset being used as in the 18 FET controller)
Circuit board version: Confidential
12 x genuine IRFB 4115 MOSFET N-CH 150V (tested up to 150V before damage) for more information about the FET, click the link below:http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=IRFB4115PBF-ND
120V battery optimized (for higher or lower voltage & current such as 84V-132V, you may need to program the low voltage cutoff. Be aware the absolute battery topped off or fully charged voltage cannot exceed 150v
30A is the current rate (for higher current, you may need to beef up the trace, shunt, and reprogram it via the software)
Low voltage cut-off at default: 95v (User adjustable)
Battery and motor phase wires gauge size: 12AWG (High voltage capable wires equipped)
Dimension: 6.2" x 3.4" x 1.75" (155mm x 87mm x 45mm) plus mount extensions
Total weight: 515 gram
I have only 20 made since I am busy working on my other ebike projects. My intention for selling at such low price is to share the fun with other ES forum members instead of making them jealous.
I finally understand why Methods mentioned the cost of labor is steep after all this and I have to agree with him from now on. These controllers are not generic controllers. I have every single one serialized. Quantity is limited, buy it as soon as your piggy bank is filled up.
$199 USD free ground shipping in the United States & Canada. For other locations, please PM or email me at LYEN@HOTMAIL.COM
. I accept PayPal, cash or money order. The controllers will be shipped out from me in San Francisco, California, USA. I will provide a tracking number and ship it out as soon as I have received the fund.
You may click on the PayPal Buy It Now link below. For accessories, please send money via PayPal or send me a private message for the total price. Thanks!https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=UAGZSS64MCFTQ
If you are not satisfy with the results or if it is too fast for you, you may send it back to me within 30 days in an unmodified condition. Updated by March 21st, 2015
Quantity updated as of 9/9/2013 : 19 left (buyer bought 1 from SKUI, Norway )
Quantity updated as of 9/16/2013 : 18 left (buyer bought 1 from Brossard, Quebec, Canada )
Quantity updated as of 10/14/2013: 17 left (buyer bought 1 from Pitt Meadows, BC, Canada )
Quantity updated as of 11/14/2013 : 16 left (buyer bought 1 from Dracut, MA, United States )
Quantity updated as of 11/15/2013 : 14 left (buyer bought 2 from Ashland, OR, United States )
Quantity updated as of 5/5/2014 : 13 left (buyer bought 1 from Brisbane, Queensland, Australia )
Quantity updated as of 9/7/2014 : 12 left (buyer bought 1 from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada )
Quantity updated as of 9/12/2014 : 10 left (buyer bought 2 from Redmond, WA, United States )
Quantity updated as of 9/29/2014 : 9 left (buyer bought 1 from Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada )
Quantity updated as of 10/2/2014: 8 left (buyer bought 1 from LILLE, France )
Quantity updated as of 10/31/2014 : 7 left (buyer bought 1 from thornlie, Western Australia, Australia )
Quantity updated as of 11/2/2014 : 6 left (buyer bought 1 from Moscow , Russia )
Quantity updated as of 11/28/2014 : 5 left (buyer bought 1 from Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom )
Additional accessories (prices are reflected with controller purchase only. Please contact if you are interested to buy without controller):
$15 throttle (full/half/thumb) with mated left rubber grip (very good quality) (ebikekit retails @ $36)
$19 cruise control (manually installation required)
$15 three way speed switch (manually installation required)
$15 PAS - Pedal Assist System add-on (manually installation required)
$15 electric brake levers a pair
$29 motor/controller hall/phase/throttle tester