6x4110 Sensorless Mini Monster Controller LYEN Edition $89

Place for dealers to post items for sale.

Re: 6x4110 Sensorless Mini Monster Controller LYEN Edition $

Postby wineboyrider » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:35 pm

Hi Lyen. I have a bad hall sensor in my BMC and don't want to replace it, yet. Can I run this BMC motor sensorless with this controller?
8) 8) I want another controller anyways for my minimotor, but was hoping this one could run both?
ES IS SAVED! THANK YOU JUSTIN.
wineboyrider
100 MW
100 MW

Postby chisixer6 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:46 pm

Lyen;

Do you still have anymore of this controller?

with this controller, I can run without the hall sensors, is that correct?

I have a hilltopper kit from Clean Republic, an 24v entry level kit and to learn more about ebikes. I in the past few months been running it at 36v, give it a little more go, it ran good. I messed up the controller, and need a new one, will this controller work, I belive the motor is a gear brushless Bafung. i know I will have to get new throttle. thank you.

Jerry Lee
Motobecane ..bafang front driver.. 42v
24" girls bike ..ebikekit 20" fwd..75v
24" Schweinn 9c 20"rwd 75v
26" Schweinn Yescomusa 48v 800watt dd
Easy Racer clone LWB.....24" rear e-bikekit 48v ..ready for testing
Hooligan clone , longer rear chain stay.. twin 20"...
fun bike...twin 16" wheels. small rear motor... ready for testing
convert my CLWB recumbent to a front bafung@48v..ongoing
chisixer6
1 kW
1 kW

Postby Scottyf » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:34 am

Hello all,
Just wanted to thank lyen for a great controller and communication on the above sensorless controller.
Got mine today about 10days after ordering from the US to the UK. No customs charge. Pricey little controller by the time you've added everything in compared to the cheaper controllers you can get.

But the difference is you can ask lyen to spec your own custom controller before it hits you door. Making it all the more worthwhile. Only down side mine is missing the USB ttl adapter that should have came with it. But I'm sure if anyone else's experience with lyen I'm sure he will help me out.

Quality of the controller is very good and it really is mini.
Here's it next to my 9 fet.

It's mostly the depth that is surprising.

I wanted a controller to work at 12s lipo and 18s lipo on a sensorless bafang bpm.
This controller has given me that flexibility and maybe later on 24s if I feel like hiring out the motor, gears and clutch.
The connections are the same as my 9 fet sensorless controller so setting up was a doddle.

12s throttle is smooth and the sensorless works well. The controller is currently set at 30amp current peak. So about 7amp higher than my 9fet.
18s the thing is a different bike. Hideously quick and some slight delays on the throttle response. I've been on it this morning loving it and love the flexibility to choose range or speed. My legs can just about keep up with the bike on full pelt.
The bpm is wound for a 24inch wheel but I'm running a 700c wheel. It's a hard tail. So I can now see why so many of you opt for the full Sus wider tire bikes.
Still very fun, not sure how long the motor will last at that voltage or current (now pulling peaks of 2000w) and the motor actually becomes warm for once. At 12s 22amp it never got warm at all. Think because I'm using a hybrid bike in amfairly flat area it just doesn't push it.

Anyway great controller. Well worth the buy.
Recommended even if the EB3 boards are out. This is still a great controller.
It does get warm though. But I'm running double the power I used to with 3 less fets.
Marin kentfield FS - Unassisted
Scottyf
100 W
100 W

Postby Lyen » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:17 pm

Hi Scottyf,

I'm glad you have received the controller so soon. I have actually sent the USB-TTL programming separately on January 20th, 2012. It was because I have forgotten to included it with the original package. The USPS tracking nummber for the USB-TTL programming adapter is LC279836654US.

You do have the EB3 board. :)

Sincerely,
Edward Lyen

Scottyf wrote:Hello all,
Just wanted to thank lyen for a great controller and communication on the above sensorless controller.
Got mine today about 10days after ordering from the US to the UK. No customs charge.

But the difference is you can ask lyen to spec your own custom controller before it hits you door. Making it all the more worthwhile.

Quality of the controller is very good and it really is mini.

It's mostly the depth that is surprising.

I wanted a controller to work at 12s lipo and 18s lipo on a sensorless bafang bpm.
This controller has given me that flexibility and maybe later on 24s if I feel like hiring out the motor, gears and clutch.
The connections are the same as my 9 fet sensorless controller so setting up was a doddle.

12s throttle is smooth and the sensorless works well. The controller is currently set at 30amp current peak. So about 7amp higher than my 9fet.
18s the thing is a different bike. Hideously quick and some slight delays on the throttle response. I've been on it this morning loving it and love the flexibility to choose range or speed. My legs can just about keep up with the bike on full pelt.
The bpm is wound for a 24inch wheel but I'm running a 700c wheel. It's a hard tail. So I can now see why so many of you opt for the full Sus wider tire bikes.
Still very fun, not sure how long the motor will last at that voltage or current (now pulling peaks of 2000w) and the motor actually becomes warm for once. At 12s 22amp it never got warm at all. Think because I'm using a hybrid bike in amfairly flat area it just doesn't push it.

Anyway great controller. Well worth the buy.
Items For Sale
Please sign up here and donate your marrow to save life.
Lyen
10 kW
10 kW

Postby Scottyf » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:40 am

Hello Lyen,
Sorry the above post was not me moaning. It was more of a point out. I even wrote that I am sure you will sort something out.
Needless to say you had already. I had every faith in your product and service from so many good posts from other members that have purchased your various products.

Quick Update.
The throttle has appeared to have stopped the lag. Maybe there was some self learning it did or maybe I just got used to it.

Anyway. First commute this morning with a 66.6v 10ah pack. @ 75.6v max the no load speed is roughly 500rpm or 40mph. Pulled peaks of 2030watt.

But as the speed is so high now I only use it like a burst rather than keeping it on.

That and to keep the heat in the motor down at the controller is set a bit high on 30amp.
Surprisingly being sparce with the throttle and lowring my speed a little to keep up with my own cadence did not destroy the effciency.

I have much higher top speeds than on 44.4v but I don't really arrive at my destination any quicker.
My top speed whilst on a dual carrigeway was 37mph with peddaling.

Far to quick for my liking. I am now going to see if I can get a 3 speed switch or a Pot like D8veh created.
However 66.6v pack is really only for messing about.

At top speed you can hear the little gears really creating some audible noise. Its definetly working hard.

Amazingly though the motor is still cold to touch.

Some stats from this mornings ride :-
3.7ah Used
251.6 Watts Used
28.9 Amp Max
2030 watt peak
69.45 volt min

This gave me around 25wh per mile. Which is better than what I thought. I also used less amp hr capacity than 44.4v. But this is due to the higher voltage being used.
It also means I still have enough capcity to do the full 20miles on 66.6v 10ah pack.

*Cwah seriously I have no idea why you want to do 30mph on a small folder bike. Its scary. Its bad enough on a 700c road bike. 2000w in a small folder means you will hurt yourself. Its seriously quick.*

I got soaked the other day when it hammered it down and the connector and motor worked fine. I have since changed the gaskets on the BPM and used epsoxy glue again to help seal the motor. It aparently is working and keeping the water out.
May have actually fixed the bafang now and it seems to work well. Not as good as it first was but its not far off.
Marin kentfield FS - Unassisted
Scottyf
100 W
100 W

Postby Christipher » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:46 pm

pm sent
Christipher
1 mW
1 mW

Postby motomech » Fri May 04, 2012 6:56 am

Lyen wrote:Hi Andje,

Thanks for your interest in the controllers. PM sent.

Best Regards,
Edward Lyen

Andje wrote:lyen is it possible to have YOU modify the resistor network to set one of these up for 100v sensor less operation?

Lyen,
I believe I have inadvertently damaged a Hall sensor in my MXUS geared mini-motor. It will run up to speed for three seconds and cut-off, everytime the throttle is applied.
Do you think your sensorless controller would work with this motor and allow me to keep it in service?
If so, I would like to purchase one.
Thank you
Motomech

'03 Rocky Mountain Edge 2WD 260 Q100H frt and Ezee V1 rear 2 Elifebike 20A & 25A 9-FET controllers 12S/20Ah Multistar Lipo rear 5Ah Turnigy frt Luna Cyclops Extra lite Alex 24DM rims, 2.4 Holly Rollers run ghetto tubeless. 25 mph. Mean Well HLG-320H-48A
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=83430
'07 GT Idive 4 4.0, Q100C 201 12S LiPoly elifebike 9-FET 17A controller. 20 MPH.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84624&p=1237928#p1237928
motomech
100 MW
100 MW

Postby Gregor » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:45 pm

Can this be used with the Magic pie version 2 as I have burned out the original controller and would like to get a little more power out of it than the stock maximum of about 800 watts?
Gregor
100 W
100 W

Postby wavezz2k » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:11 am

Hi Lyen,
I am interested in this controller, do you have some built currently? Not interested, at this time, in tweaks, just want a plug and go, minimum hassle to mate with kit that's outlined here; can just jump toward pg 17 & last few pages to see closeups & builds:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=42785

My wiring & controller is also on pg 17.

I have this new dev revision BB mount geared 2-stage motor, and have trouble with the controller (or motor) that came with it, and am interested in trying your controller. Folks believe this motor takes considerably more than 48v/450 watt that it's rated, as guys are running 72 volt and measuring near 30 amp for 1/2 hour test rides without it getting hot.

My Current controller or motor, has a problem. Short video can be seen here.
Bench test stutter and other mysteries -
http://youtu.be/vX2OaCj7gN4

Let me know if you have any of these controllers built up, or a used one is fine, plus priority post to Davenport, just down the coast, 9017. You can also PM me, though haven't used it on this forum yet, should be OK.

Many thanks.
wavezz2k
100 mW
100 mW

Postby RuggedRiderAUS » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:16 am

Hey ya Lyen! Do you still have any more of these controllers built up? I need one for a 48v/1000w Brushless Set-Up with Bad Halls Sensors.

Will this Kit fix my Problem with them? Here's a link of my set-up if it helps:
http://youtu.be/FvmmsGdEQCg

Let me know if ya still have any these Controllers laying around. I need one shipped to Perth AUS area. Would be interested in the USB Programming gear as well.

Thanks again Lyen!
RuggedRiderAUS
10 W
10 W

Postby swbluto » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:47 am

Looked through your controllers, realized this one would best fit with my ping. If you still have them, please let me know. Shipping to the USA.

If you any other sensorless controller in stock that's suitable for a 20amp ping, please let me know.

If you don't have anything, it'd be nice if you told me...
Last edited by swbluto on Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
swbluto
100 GW
100 GW

Postby mwkeefer » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:21 am

Lyen,

If you have these still, I would be interested in 2 but only if they are not the 306 version (3XX series) as they won't suit my needs at that version.

Please at your convenience post back availability or PM if you prefer.

Regards and thanks in advance !
Mike -aka- mwkeefer
Regards,
Mike

{My Rides]
2010 Dahon Jack - GNG v1 - LYEN 6FET - 20/40A - 18S2P10AH - Nom:66.6v,1332w
2004 Hard Rock Pro Disc - Recumpence ms eDrive v4 - Astro 3220 4T - 12S2P16AH - HV110 - Left Side Drive - Gearing: 38mph
Nominal Peak Power @ 60 seconds: 5328 watts - Maximum Power: 49.8v, 120A, 5872w
2010 Downtube 8FH - Stock GNG v1 Stock Controller - EB809XC - 12-16S
2012 Downtube Nova 7spd - Stock GNG v2 - 12S2P10AH - EB809 - 12S-16S - 20A/30A,Nom VCC: 44.4, 888w
mwkeefer
10 MW
10 MW

Postby darren1678 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:17 am

hay lyen,

pm'd about purchase

6 fet mini monster sensorless
darren1678
10 W
10 W

Postby wineboyrider » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:12 pm

Got mine today! Yay! Anyone know the known controller connection combination for the ebike kit motor?
wineboyrider
100 MW
100 MW

Postby wineboyrider » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:40 am

Okay hooked my mini-monster to a yescom usa kit motor and the controller worked flawlessly without my Cycle Analyst hooked up, but when I hooked up the CA the throttle was full blast .....is it posessed? LOl. Any ideas?
Last edited by wineboyrider on Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
wineboyrider
100 MW
100 MW

Postby Lyen » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:09 pm

wineboyrider wrote:Okay hooked my mini-monster to a yescom usa kit motor and the controller worked flawlessly without my Cycle Analyst hooked up, but when I hooked up the CA the throttle was full blast .....is it posessed? LOl. Any ideas?

Replied to you via PM. Thanks!
Items For Sale
Lyen
10 kW
10 kW

Postby wineboyrider » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:12 pm

Okay removed one of the pins on my CA to controller that Lyen told me too and it works!
:shock:
wineboyrider
100 MW
100 MW

Postby zukster » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:48 pm

063077SAT-MII-LYEN-ED and Cute 100

Hi Lyen,

I emailed this to you on Sept 10, Aug 23, and PM'ed you on Oct 1st, but no luck. I hope all is well as you got back to me right away on previous occasions. I though I'd try you here as the next best spot.

I never did get this working. I tried all your previous suggestions re lowering the current as well as changing the hall space angle. At best I could get a stuttered take off which became better as the speed increased. On your sensorless motor I tried each 60 and 120 hall angle with the six phase combinations, and still no luck.

Maybe I could send you a Cute 100 motor so you could test the settings yourself?

Original problem from July 3rd, 2013:

I thought it might have something to do with the hall space angle degree but I didn't know what to try. I never thought about lowering the current. That might be it too because bmsbattery says that their more powerful controllers are not recommended for the cute 100 motor.

I will try both your suggestions and let you know if you need to update your motor database with anything.

Forgot to mention that other thing to try is to manually change the hall space angle to 60 degree or 120 degree in the program.
You could try to lower the current settings.
zukster
1 kW
1 kW

Postby Lyen » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:12 pm

Replied via PM. Thanks! :)

zukster wrote:063077SAT-MII-LYEN-ED and Cute 100

Hi Lyen,

I emailed this to you on Sept 10, Aug 23, and PM'ed you on Oct 1st, but no luck. I hope all is well as you got back to me right away on previous occasions. I though I'd try you here as the next best spot.

I never did get this working. I tried all your previous suggestions re lowering the current as well as changing the hall space angle. At best I could get a stuttered take off which became better as the speed increased. On your sensorless motor I tried each 60 and 120 hall angle with the six phase combinations, and still no luck.

Maybe I could send you a Cute 100 motor so you could test the settings yourself?

Original problem from July 3rd, 2013:

I thought it might have something to do with the hall space angle degree but I didn't know what to try. I never thought about lowering the current. That might be it too because bmsbattery says that their more powerful controllers are not recommended for the cute 100 motor.

I will try both your suggestions and let you know if you need to update your motor database with anything.

Forgot to mention that other thing to try is to manually change the hall space angle to 60 degree or 120 degree in the program.
You could try to lower the current settings.
Items For Sale
Lyen
10 kW
10 kW

Postby zukster » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:45 pm

Looks like Lyen was having Windows 8 email problems. Surprise, surprise :) I will send him a motor to test and will get any results back to the forum here in case anyone else is having a problem with Cute motors.
zukster
1 kW
1 kW

Postby HighNear90 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:35 pm

I think I need one of your controllers.

My 9C 2810 burned out a hall sensor when I upped the voltage from 48v to 72v. 2 sensors read 4.7 volts when turning the wheel slowly and 1 read 3.1v.

According to the update last week, you can adjust the voltage for the controller. Can I order a 72v ( 6 x 12v SLA) controller with a CA connector and regen?

Last thing, will it work with my motor?

Thanks,
Leo
HighNear90
100 mW
100 mW

Postby zukster » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:25 pm

HighNear90 wrote:My 9C 2810 burned out a hall sensor when I upped the voltage from 48v to 72v.Leo

Are you sure you didn't hurt the motor in any other way from overheating it? The winds will appear blackened if you did.

With his controllers you can set max amps and pack-level lvc cut-off. You can set the volts now too passed through?
Last edited by zukster on Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
zukster
1 kW
1 kW

Postby Kagamoosha » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:33 am

http://www.hi-powercycles.com/80v-a123- ... tery-pack/

I was thinking of buying this battery for my new electric bike. I have the Lyen sensorless controller and was wondering if this battery would cause any problems for me. I have a 250w motor and want to run it at about 52 volts. I also have the programable usb adaptor so I can change any settings I want to. Would this controller allow me to run a higher voltage battery at a lower rate? Or would I have to just adjust the speed percentage to compensate the difference? Please help me out! :idea: :?: :idea:
Kagamoosha
1 W
1 W

Postby wineboyrider » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:45 am

This controller allows you to run that voltage, but remember it's a 20+ amp controller so an 80v battery would be 1600W about 4 times what your 250w motor can sustain. Watts is what matters to the motor and voltage x amperage = watts. Basically, what I love about this controller is that I can series batteries together to run higher watts and more watt hours etc.

Battery should be no problem it's your motor that is the weakest link... :P
wineboyrider
100 MW
100 MW

PreviousNext

Return to Items for Sale - New