I just put another 2s2p pack together for testing using these 7000 mAh cells. I'd tested them over a year ago, but thoguht I would set them up for some cycle testing. First job was to do a capacity test.
I pulled them out of the box where they'd been sitting for over a year and tested their voltage - 4.1 volts
Great storage voltage for a hot climate like Perth
Still, they are in good shape (no puffing). The only load I could devise was a length of steel wire, giving me about 11.3 amps over the course of a discharge. So 0.77 C isn't much, but it's close to what the capacity is normally rated at. Anyway, last time I did it, I used 1 C.
I've set it to cycle 100 times at 0.77 C charge and 0.77 C discharge. I will repeat the capacity test again at 100, then again at 200 cycles, up to 500 cycles. I should know how it's looking by that point. At these low rates, any tendency for degradation reactions to happen will be obvious.
Edit - after 12 cycles my mild steel wire load failed
I'll set up a decent load wire this afternoon