NEW BOLT ON TORQUE ARMS for IS disc caliper mnts 25$ shipped

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
migueralliart
100 kW
100 kW

NEW BOLT ON TORQUE ARMS for IS disc caliper mnts 25$ shipped

Post by migueralliart » Apr 27, 2013 1:54 pm

UPDATED 9/4/2017
Both torque arms in stock and ready for shipment to the USA or Worldwide.

If you 're interested please PM me with your zip code if you're in the US and elsewhere please include your address to calculate shipping. I'll send you a template you can print and measure on your ebike.
Prices are 28 plus shipping and that includes the two bolts you'll need.
To this date I haven't received a single complaint about a broken arm or damaged axle.

END OF UPDATE

Alright guys,

Wanted to introduce this here to see if there is any interest.

I designed these torque arms based off the IS bolt mounting system for the REAR disc brakes.

The axle width is ~10mm and height is more than enough to accommodate HS, yescomusa, MXUS and other motors. Since I have all those motors in my bikesI can fit the torque arm to your specific need by filing it to an exact fit.

These arms are made out of 5/16" A36 steel.

If anyone is looking to use the bolts they are M6-25mm

From now on all orders are going to include these bolts for no additional price. This will be a complete bolt on kit.

Also if you don't have rear disc brakes but you DO have the mounts you could use some nuts or attach a caliper adapter bracket by itself and you have yourself a pretty strong attachment.

I already installed one of the curved ones on my idrive. SO far the ONLY torque arm that fits the idrive and i'ts truly bolt on.

All you need is a file and 2 minutes of your time and you're done. There is no excuse to run without torque arms now.
Last edited by migueralliart on Sep 04, 2017 6:09 pm, edited 13 times in total.

999zip999
100 GW
100 GW

Re: NEW BOLT ON TORQUE ARMS for IS disc mounts

Post by 999zip999 » Apr 27, 2013 5:10 pm

I like the upper left one for my rear. How much ?

Kin
100 kW
100 kW

Post by Kin » Apr 27, 2013 9:24 pm

Is that some standard CAD publishing format? OR are you using bigbluesaw.com :)? Because that's the same format they display uploaded files as. Just curious!
New to endless-sphere? Notice a lot of signatures recommending Ebikes.ca? That's because it's the best place for a quality and manageable, (but still 'real'), first build. Justin is a solid supporter of electric bike development, and a good source of equipment.

migueralliart
100 kW
100 kW

Post by migueralliart » Apr 27, 2013 9:41 pm

Yup I've been using bigbluesaw for all my bulk orders. I usually order in big quantities in order to save on shipping and order prices. The guy is pretty good at what he does and the turnaround is pretty quick.

Kin
100 kW
100 kW

Post by Kin » Apr 27, 2013 10:20 pm

Cool! Well, I can agree it's great quality and service. Finally had a chance to test them back on the Alu6060 sale a month or two ago.

Sorry for the off-topicness, back to your design/sale thread. Looks great.
New to endless-sphere? Notice a lot of signatures recommending Ebikes.ca? That's because it's the best place for a quality and manageable, (but still 'real'), first build. Justin is a solid supporter of electric bike development, and a good source of equipment.

Boeckstyns
10 W
10 W

Post by Boeckstyns » Apr 28, 2013 12:18 am

Looking good! What's the price range?

migueralliart
100 kW
100 kW

Post by migueralliart » Apr 28, 2013 10:30 am

999zip999 wrote:I like the upper left one for my rear. How much ?
Boeckstyns wrote:Looking good! What's the price range?

I was thinking 29$ shipped within the USA for a single torque arm and then 37$ for the torque arm plus nord lock combo shipped.

These prices are pretty competitive considering people pay 30 $ without shipping for a universal ugly looking 1/4" torque arm

Bare in mind these torque arms should be BOLT ON. So no need for DP420, no prep work on the frame. Just install your hub wheel and then add the torque arm on top and you're done.

sacko
100 kW
100 kW

Post by sacko » Apr 28, 2013 11:14 am

Looks smart :)

Are these the TA for both sides, or just the disk side I presume?

migueralliart
100 kW
100 kW

Post by migueralliart » Apr 28, 2013 11:21 am

sacko wrote:Looks smart :)

Are these the TA for both sides, or just the disk side I presume?
These are just for one side!

To give you some perspective I ran a thick slotted washer on one side only on one of the worst dropout designs of history for ebikes ; the idrive.

Ran a 48v 1000w yescomusa kit with 50 amp and 15s lipo for almost a year. Regen setting on unlimited and lots of stop and go traffic. To this day it still works.

I think one side only will be sufficient for most people after all these are thicker than what other online vendors use and they all use multiple linked bolts and arms.

sacko
100 kW
100 kW

Post by sacko » Apr 28, 2013 2:02 pm

Chances are, I'll take one of these off you for the rear of my Carrera Kraken.

24s HT3525 build.

sacko
100 kW
100 kW

Post by sacko » Apr 29, 2013 5:43 am

Have you got a picture with each of these fitted?

I'm deciding between the one on the top left or bottom right.

migueralliart
100 kW
100 kW

Post by migueralliart » Apr 29, 2013 11:00 pm

sacko wrote:Have you got a picture with each of these fitted?

I'm deciding between the one on the top left or bottom right.
Well ups had one of their famous delivery exceptions today so I'll get the arms tomorrow. I'll definitely take some pics and post them here.

migueralliart
100 kW
100 kW

Post by migueralliart » Apr 30, 2013 3:45 pm

OK they are here :)

Clean installs everywhere!

Flat dropouts

And for those problematic dropouts

Some more pics

kudos
10 kW
10 kW

Post by kudos » May 02, 2013 3:41 am

Can we get some prices on international shipping please, looks like I'm not the only person in the UK interested in these. (Specifically Guernsey, Channel Islands)

Also can you name or label the types, right now I'm referring to them as 'the curly one' and 'the straight one' :D

Kudos
Build 1A Gary Fisher Wahoo Hardtail : Crystalyte HS3540 40A 49V : 31mph
Build 1B Gary Fisher Wahoo Hardtail : Mac 10T 30A 49V : 27mph
Build 1C Gary Fisher Wahoo Hardtail : Crystalyte HS3540 40A 82V :
Build 2 Mountain Cycle Fury FS : Mac 8T 40A 57V : Scrapped
Build 3 GT LTS FS : Mac 10T 30A 49V
Build 4 EEB : Mac 8T 40A - In Progress

migueralliart
100 kW
100 kW

Post by migueralliart » May 02, 2013 6:33 am

kudos wrote:Can we get some prices on international shipping please, looks like I'm not the only person in the UK interested in these. (Specifically Guernsey, Channel Islands)

Also can you name or label the types, right now I'm referring to them as 'the curly one' and 'the straight one' :D

Kudos
I got 3 pms from people in the UK.

If you're only buying one I can ship it for ~9$

If it's more than one the weight will be more than 13oz and it goes flat rate on a small box which is 20$ but I can fit 8-10 arms in there.

I think you're right about the naming lets clear that one out. Take a look at the pics.

Also I forgot to add some pic of the front arm. Now the reason I didn't do a full arm to both bolts is because I kept seeing how the fron calipers always were in the way. I think using a single bolt is good enough and the caliper bracket should share the some load when installed since the bolts get in as a tight fit too.

Doctorbass
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Doctorbass » May 03, 2013 2:07 pm

migueralliart wrote: I was thinking 29$ shipped within the USA for a single torque arm and then 37$ for the torque arm plus nord lock combo shipped.

These prices are pretty competitive considering people pay 30 $ without shipping for a universal ugly looking 1/4" torque arm

Migueralliart not sure you refer to the Ultimate Torque arm i am offering, but just in case :wink: , I recall that the one i offer are 3/8" thick ( 10mm), not 1/4" and they are 32$ for a set of TWO T-A, ( about 16$ per T-A) not just one :wink: I saw too many people twisting and breaking their axel by just using ONE T-A. Hub motor Axel are $$$ to repair and is not an easy job to replace!
Usually people want a solution that they will feel confident about it for any power usage.

Doc
CURRENT PROJECT: 2WD duo MXUS/Max-E ebike 32kW
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... =3&t=65764
-Fastest speed record 117 km/h on flat
-Fastest 1/4 mile@ 114km/h on flat and 16.316 sec
-Succeded to haul a 19200 pounds schoolbus!
113kmh Gianthttp://www.evalbum.com/3406
Mongoosehttp://www.evalbum.com/1947
YOUTUBE---https://m.youtube.com/user/Doctorbasss
http://twitter.com/DocbassMelancon
I speak FRENCH and english

migueralliart
100 kW
100 kW

Post by migueralliart » May 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Doctorbass wrote:
migueralliart wrote: I was thinking 29$ shipped within the USA for a single torque arm and then 37$ for the torque arm plus nord lock combo shipped.

Migueralliart not sure you refer to the Ultimate Torque arm i am offering, but just in case :wink: , I recall that the one i offer are 3/8" thick ( 10mm), not 1/4" and they are 32$ for a set of TWO T-A, ( about 16$ per T-A) not just one :wink: I saw too many people twisting and breaking their axel by just using ONE T-A. Hub motor Axel are $$$ to repair and is not an easy job to replace!
Usually people want a solution that they will feel confident about it for any power usage.

Doc

Not at all ! I was referring to the ones that are universal and use the hose clamp that looks AWFUL.
I've used your torque arms they're neat and was not criticizing them.
I just wanted to have a solution for mild setups that was truly bolt on and didn't require any epoxy or frame prep work. If I was running something like a cro motor I'd definitely wouldn't use my bolt on arms.

I've used torque arms on a single side with regen and close to 2.5kw with less metal than these and with no problems and that's with a really bad dropout. I imagine a LOT of people running 9C's, HS, HT's, MAC's, MXUS, BMC and GM pro hubs (pretty much 90%) will have NO TROUBLE with these.

It is such a convenience to just add two bolts and off you go.

Edit; Let me expand on this and provide some links

These arms are FILED before being sent to a pretty tight fit. Because I have several motors in my bikes I usually do the custom filing myself (it only takes like 2 mins) the fit is pretty pretty tight which is the BEST scenario for a torque arm.

Is one torque arm enough

torque arm designs
Last edited by migueralliart on May 03, 2013 2:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

sacko
100 kW
100 kW

Post by sacko » May 03, 2013 2:26 pm

Flat rear one for me please.

PM on way :)

gensem
1 MW
1 MW

Post by gensem » May 03, 2013 3:40 pm

How much would be the curved rear TA + nordlock washers + shipping to São Paulo - Brazil?
Justin we really appreciate what you did!

migueralliart
100 kW
100 kW

Post by migueralliart » May 03, 2013 3:48 pm

gensem wrote:How much would be the curved rear TA + nordlock washers + shipping to São Paulo - Brazil?
PM sent

Doctorbass
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Doctorbass » May 03, 2013 3:58 pm

migueralliart wrote:
Doctorbass wrote:

Doc

Not at all ! I was referring to the ones that are universal and use the hose clamp that looks AWFUL.
I've used your torque arms they're neat and was not criticizing them.
I just wanted to have a solution for mild setups that was truly bolt on and didn't require any epoxy or frame prep work. If I was running something like a cro motor I'd definitely wouldn't use my bolt on arms.

I've used torque arms on a single side with regen and close to 2.5kw with less metal than these and with no problems and that's with a really bad dropout. I imagine a LOT of people running 9C's, HS, HT's, MAC's, MXUS, BMC and GM pro hubs (pretty much 90%) will have NO TROUBLE with these.

It is such a convenience to just add two bolts and off you go.

Edit; Let me expand on this and provide some links

These arms are FILED before being sent to a pretty tight fit. Because I have several motors in my bikes I usually do the custom filing myself (it only takes like 2 mins) the fit is pretty pretty tight which is the BEST scenario for a torque arm.

Is one torque arm enough

torque arm designs

I totally understand your point. The T-A i designed are made to be bulletproof and never break like some other T-A desing did. Your T-A design are nice and should fit for moderate power. The one i designed are made to have easy wheel removal due to the opening on the bottom, just like conventional dropout are and also to accept any ultra high insane power people want to use with.

I'm sure we both with our design help the community to have a great solution for dropout renforcement for hub motors and we both cover most of the needs in that way.

:wink:

Doc
CURRENT PROJECT: 2WD duo MXUS/Max-E ebike 32kW
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... =3&t=65764
-Fastest speed record 117 km/h on flat
-Fastest 1/4 mile@ 114km/h on flat and 16.316 sec
-Succeded to haul a 19200 pounds schoolbus!
113kmh Gianthttp://www.evalbum.com/3406
Mongoosehttp://www.evalbum.com/1947
YOUTUBE---https://m.youtube.com/user/Doctorbasss
http://twitter.com/DocbassMelancon
I speak FRENCH and english

alan c
10 W
10 W

Re: NEW BOLT ON TORQUE ARMS for IS disc caliper mounts

Post by alan c » May 04, 2013 5:13 am

How much for a curved rear for non flat dropouts shipped to australia?

migueralliart
100 kW
100 kW

Post by migueralliart » May 04, 2013 8:58 am

alan c wrote:How much for a curved rear for non flat dropouts shipped to australia?
Pm sent!

EdwardNY
1 kW
1 kW

Post by EdwardNY » May 04, 2013 6:42 pm

Will these work on different bike frames? Are the brake caliper holes lined up exactly with the axle?

migueralliart
100 kW
100 kW

Post by migueralliart » May 04, 2013 6:58 pm

EdwardNY wrote:Will these work on different bike frames? Are the brake caliper holes lined up exactly with the axle?
If your bicycle has an IS disc caliper mount it should be spot on.

pm me your email so that I can send you a PDF that you can print to scale and use that to check if it aligns well but again if it is an IS mount it should be perfect.