UPDATED 04/10/15- NEW HPC REVOLUTION DH E-BIKE!

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
efMX Trials Electric Freeride   1 MW

1 MW

Re: UPDATE 6/6/14- NEW HPC REVOLUTION DH E-BIKE!

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Aug 28 2014 9:08am

the "Subscribe topic" link is at the very bottom of the page but you must be logged in..
noshortcuts wrote:Don't see a "subscribe" button, so I'm just saying, subscribed. And nice work on this frame.
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

Microbatman   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Microbatman » Sep 26 2014 8:07pm

How are things going?

Been a while since last update.

Any progress on getting them manufactured? ETA to market?
MotorCrystalyte X5304 20 Inch Rear Wheel DISC Brake Controller Crystalyte 48A72V4110MOSFETS
Batteries A123 24s2p
Charger Mastech 5020
Frame Azonic Steelhead
Grateful/fortunate/blessed to have the resources and family support to enjoy my ebike hobby

hi-powercycles   100 W

100 W

Post by hi-powercycles » Oct 31 2014 12:19pm

Sorry it took so long, but here is the official launch video!

http://youtu.be/OVs1QWURs-Y

Production should be green lighted in about 7-10 days. After the green light, figure 5 weeks for machining and welding the frames. This frame uses no off the shelf parts and head tube, swingarm parts, bottom bracket, seat tube, pivots, etc. are all machined. It is built from the ground up to reliably hit high speeds and is a beefy and overbuilt Alloy frame. We will offer frames only, and complete rolling chassis ready for DIY conversions!

macribs   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Post by macribs » Oct 31 2014 12:34pm

Hm. Kind of vague design compared to your earlier sketches. Now it looks like a carbon copy of bomber. Sure I know, there is only so many ways to make a Monocoque frame. I was really hoping it would look more like you previous pics. But hey that os just one mans mind. Price seems good, the design is well known and works so all in all I am sure buyers will be very pleased.
I am a little sad to see you own design is lost along the way. It looked so much better the old draft. And it was all you. Now you are yet another in the bomber look alike.

A little time travel, first pic is your product today. And prototoypes after.

hi-powercycles   100 W

100 W

Post by hi-powercycles » Oct 31 2014 12:49pm

I don't think they are that similar at all. We actually went back to design number 1 and made the rectangular box larger to fit a larger battery pack. Notice the swingarm and rear shock angles. Also, we offer real carbon fiber instead of a sticker on an aluminum plate like the bomber. The Revolution offers much larger 26" tires are and a 53" wheelbase (47" for the bomber). This gives it more stability in whoops and gives more assurance at higher speeds. We paid special attention to the head tube and tapered it so we could allow for a turning radius (despite the 6" longer wheelbase!) that is 14" or so tighter than the bomber.

General consensus is the public prefers the design of this 3rd prototype by a wide margin over the first 2. Very positive reactions from the first test rides here at HPC. Very excited to see where this goes!

macribs   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Re: UPDATED 10/31/14- NEW HPC REVOLUTION DH E-BIKE!

Post by macribs » Oct 31 2014 1:08pm

Well granted there are only so many ways to make a monocoque frame I guess I shouldn't be disappointed. If the masses was demanding wider case for more battery well let em have it.

On a positive note I was very glad to see the new price tag. Earlier it seems 10K would be the final cost, and that was too tough for me.
At seven still a little high but at least now it is doable. Anyway I am happy you finally muscled trough and got to finalize the bike. I am sure many have been waiting and longing. Best of luck with the launch party.

noshortcuts   1 mW

1 mW

Post by noshortcuts » Oct 31 2014 3:33pm

I think it looks better than previous designs and still true to them at the same time. Looks like a well thought out winner to me.

Hyena   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Hyena » Nov 02 2014 11:29pm

Interesting, I'll be keen to see the base frame pricing.

So what's the final weight on the frame and swing arm ?
Did you heat treat the frames or are you using thicker Al sheet to compensate ?
www.HyenaElectricBikes.com
Aussie high powered e-bike kits and custom performance ebikes
New FUTR and Hyena special edition Beta frames now available!
My build and HD video thread____. My youtube channel____ Hyena Facebook page
My bike is writing cheques my body can't cash...

hi-powercycles   100 W

100 W

Post by hi-powercycles » Nov 06 2014 5:36pm

Hyena wrote:Interesting, I'll be keen to see the base frame pricing.

So what's the final weight on the frame and swing arm ?
Did you heat treat the frames or are you using thicker Al sheet to compensate ?
Right now, frame is around 6.3Kg including body and swingarm. We are having our engineers go through the models again and shave some weight on some of the lower stress areas. I know we can take a large chunk of weight out of the swingarm still... However we really want to make sure this thing is overbuilt and tough.

Frame is 6061 Al- heat treated to T6 temper. Frame is between 3-4mm thick depending on stress zones. Don't have exact pricing, but figure a bit more than a phasor frame (w/carbon fiber panels). We opted to keep this frame local so we can keep a close eye on the frames, and everyone good out here has very large aerospace contracts... so rates are not cheap by any means, especially with smaller runs! We will definitely give a pricing break for ES for the first run.

After the frames pass the final real life fatigue tests, we will offer frames officially for sale with the first run. Once we give the green light, it should be about 5 weeks to machine all parts and have all the frames here in the shop.

TSAR   10 W

10 W

Post by TSAR » Mar 02 2015 9:21pm

Made the cover of Electric Bike Action magazine. Congrats, looks good!
Keep your head down, we're in bat country...

hi-powercycles   100 W

100 W

Post by hi-powercycles » Mar 11 2015 3:13pm

Update 3/11/15-
First Production mule has been testing for about 5 days so far- the first 20 frames are on QC hold until we sign off on any minor changes if we decide to make any. Here is a pic of the Production mule. It is missing the Carbon fiber controller cover that is made for the bottom, but I think it looks better than the Cover photo of EBA, check out the swingarm! It is now all machined- There are no wires, all are routed internally through the swingarm on both sides. Geometery is better, we made some revisions to the geometry and suspension angles after some feedback after we let some pro riders loose.

The biggest/most important change right now is weight reduction! We were able to drop close to 2 lbs, while substantially increasing the strength of the swingarm, which puts it right at around 12.5 lbs or 5.7kg for the full frame, including all carbon panels.

And now for the bad news... Unfortunately so far, by making all the parts in the USA, we are about 3X the cost for raw parts including BB, headtube, seatpost, rear swingarm, suspension pivots, main body, dropouts, etc. that it would cost by just making it overseas, but we are dedicated to making the entire thing here. We are still trying to source high quality vendors willing to compete with overseas prices, but so far due to the complexity of the machine parts, it is tough.

We have put our hearts and souls into this project, and have gone through great lengths to ensure that it is extensively tested both on the bench and the real world. I think people who understand bike geometry will appreciate the product we are bringing to market and the time and effort we put into perfecting the geometry and suspension performance. This is a far more difficult and time consuming task than we could have ever imagined when we first decided to do this. Making the first frames was the easy part. But optimizing it to truly perform at a world class level was a very costly and time consuming endeavor. We brought on four established full time engineers with backgrounds in aerospace, bicycle geometry and suspension design on this project. We believe it will be the most refined and highest quality product on the market. We will do our best to keep prices within reason and attainable. Look for a mid drive version launching next! Thanks for all of you that supported us along the way.

Look for many more US made frames to come! As of right now, we plan to launch at least one all new US made/designed frame every year, some will be WAY outside the box!

hi-powercycles   100 W

100 W

Re: UPDATED 03/11/15- NEW HPC REVOLUTION DH E-BIKE!

Post by hi-powercycles » Mar 11 2015 4:12pm

Oh!
And the frame is purpose built for two positions-
1) 26"
2) 27.5" plus! It will fit a 27.5 x 3.25" DH Tire! This will be great for the mid drive set ups coming!

hi-powercycles   100 W

100 W

HPC REVOLUTION FRAME- ES Group Buy!

Post by hi-powercycles » Mar 30 2015 5:15pm

Hi Guys,
We are going to keep our word about making some frames available to E.S. Members. These are for our second batch of frames coming in about 6 weeks. We will have 10 available for purchase. This will be a one time buy, we will not be selling frames on their own later on! As most of you know, this was a 2 year long endeavor that spanned 5 prototypes to perfect it. We have world class engineers on board that also design for NASA-JPL, DVO suspension and other esteemed bicycle, motorsports and aerospace companies. All frames are designed, engineered, hand welded, and painted here in the USA. Every single piece of this bike is custom! There is not one off the shelf part! Even the headtube is a heavy duty tapered 1.5"-1'1/8" with ultra thick walls. The bike is made to hold up to high speed offroad runs. This bike uses real carbon fiber on both sides of the main body and has a sleek carbon fiber controller cover as well. It is made to fit an 18 mosfet controller, and we will have a special case for 24 mosfet controllers as well down the line. This frame is built to a very high standard. When you get the frame, we suggest you feel the side flex (none!) and check out how insanely strong the swingarm is! Weight is 12.8 lbs approximately for the full frame, and is made from carefully Tig welded, heat treated 6061-T6 Aluminum! All wires are routed internally and is made to be as clean as possible. Wires run through the bottom of the body directly to each side of the swingarm and add to the sleek, clean look. We spent a lot of time perfecting the geometry to make sure the suspension works properly with a priority on actually being able to pedal! Travel is 203mm front and 240mm rear!

Edit: This frame is actually built to be future proof and is designed to accept 650b or 26" tires with a flip of the torque plate!

Stats:
Dropout: 155mm or so dropout, I will measure when the next set of frames get here tomorrow. Can fit 10 speed with a wide motor such as the Crown or a 40mm H style c-lyte
Rear Shock: Standard Shock Length is for 9.5 x 3.0"
BB: 83mm threadless for Schlumpf High Speed Drive. We can most likely thread the BB for other cranksets- will verify this
Battery Storage- I will measure tomorrow to be sure.
Brakes: 203mm rotors only. Highly recommended to stick with the quad piston Magura MT5/MT7 brakes. They are the strongest we have tested.
Dimensions of body- (inside): 15.75 inches long x 4.6 inches wide x 5.8 inches tall
Built in ISCG 05 Mounts
Headtube: 44mm top/56mm bottom
Torque Plates: Built in torque plates inside the swingarm dropout. One setting for 650B/26" This is a mod for the 2nd batch of frames- the dropout setup now uses very expensive and complicated machine parts. We are reducing complexity and saving a bit of machine time for this next batch

$2,200- Revolution main body, swingarm, shock mount, pivot bearings and all necessary frame hardware, real carbon fiber side panels and real carbon fiber vented controller cover.
$2,300- Same as above, but painted your choice of color!

If we cannot sell 10 frames, we cannot honor the above prices- but we will do the best we can! I will update with more pictures in a few days. Here is the basic frame (shown on a completed bike):
*This pic is missing the carbon controller cover, I will update it soon with new pics!
Last edited by hi-powercycles on Apr 10 2015 9:33pm, edited 5 times in total.

Hyena   100 GW

100 GW

Re: HPC REVOLUTION FRAME- ES Group Buy!

Post by Hyena » Mar 30 2015 9:15pm

Nice work guys, the finished product looks good and the weight saving over cheaper steel alternatives is pretty decent.
Can you tell us the important stats that those of us looking to build up a bike will need to know ?

Drop out spacing
Shock length
BB size
How wide is the frame and what is the allowable battery storage area ?
Does it use bolt on torque plates over the top of the alloy drop outs ?
Is there a bolt on panel on the top of the frame as well ? It looks like there is from the picture.
Any closer pics of various details / elements of the frame ?

hi-powercycles   100 W

100 W

Re: HPC REVOLUTION FRAME- ES Group Buy!

Post by hi-powercycles » Mar 30 2015 10:03pm

Hyena- Updated.

Regarding the top carbon cover, we are doing away with it for the 2nd batch of frames... We decided we wanted more color on the top part of the frame. the marginal cost was pretty high for us for just this one piece.

macribs   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Post by macribs » Mar 31 2015 8:48am

Sweet frame, lightweight and clean build. Like a lot.
You need to supply more details. Look at the Q's from Hyena and try to answer all of them pls.
And more pics pls. Larger pics with more details and specifics are needed so we can appreciate all your hard work.

Rodney64   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Rodney64 » Mar 31 2015 8:51am

Very nice, well done guys and best of luck. You guys were the one that inspired me to get into high powered bikes. Looking forward to seeing some ES builds.

hi-powercycles   100 W

100 W

Post by hi-powercycles » Mar 31 2015 1:56pm

We have about 2 weeks or less to add these orders to the next batch. So I will be diligent in getting pictures ASAP. I will take pictures of the next frames raw, right before heat treat and finishing.

Hyena   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Hyena » Mar 31 2015 7:27pm

If it's not a secret I'm curious what wall thickness you are using with heat treating ? It's a fair bit heavier than commercial mountain bike frames which is obviously necessary for strength on a high powered ebike like this but traditional frames these days seem to get away with using paper thin alloy tubing.

hi-powercycles   100 W

100 W

Post by hi-powercycles » Mar 31 2015 9:33pm

We use approx .1 inch thick wall in most places for the main body... machine parts of course vary to cope with different stresses.

9 left!

hi-powercycles   100 W

100 W

Post by hi-powercycles » Mar 31 2015 9:48pm

Dimensions of body- (inside)
15.75 inches long x 4.6 inches wide x 5.8 inches tall

hi-powercycles   100 W

100 W

Post by hi-powercycles » Apr 10 2015 9:30pm

More Pics of the body. Carbon covers are due next week...

Also, Just for fun, we have crazy colors up on the website in case someone wants to go wild! (http://www.hi-powercycles.com/hpc-revolution/). If it is not there, we can make any color! We feel we were very fair with pricing on colors, we are charging $200 for all single stage candy powder coats! Go crazy and customize your own. Wait time is about 6-8 weeks, as we are now awaiting our second batch of frames. First run is sold out. Here is one of the wild colors we offer: Electric Green!

skeetab5780   10 MW

10 MW

Re: UPDATED 04/10/15- NEW HPC REVOLUTION DH E-BIKE!

Post by skeetab5780 » Apr 12 2015 9:37am

This thing looks pretty sick i have to say, it took a long while..... do you have any video of it?

Ottodog   100 W

100 W

Post by Ottodog » Apr 16 2015 4:24am

I hope it's very successful for you guys. It's a beautifully designed bike. 8)

ookba   100 µW

100 µW

Post by ookba » Apr 18 2015 7:05pm

Building this bad ass up now. I'll post more updates and pics as I build it.