UPDATED 04/10/15- NEW HPC REVOLUTION DH E-BIKE!

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
korpin   10 kW

10 kW

Re: UPDATED 04/10/15- NEW HPC REVOLUTION DH E-BIKE!

Post by korpin » Mar 08 2016 7:00pm

kudos to HPC for making a nice neat battery area MUCH easier to work on compared to my phasor!
Attachments
REVOLUTION-BATTERY.jpg
REVOLUTION-BATTERY.jpg (89.77 KiB) Viewed 2603 times

Allex   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Allex » Apr 19 2016 7:07am

How do you manage damaged goods due to careless shipping? If I would order a complete bike and it came to me split in two halves. What would my options be? It seems like a carton box is not adequate when transporting such heavy vehicles.

Rodney64   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Rodney64 » Apr 19 2016 7:21am

Allex wrote:How do you manage damaged goods due to careless shipping? If I would order a complete bike and it came to me split in two halves. What would my options be? It seems like a carton box is not adequate when transporting such heavy vehicles.

They should have sent it in a wooden crate

horrorlv   1 mW

1 mW

Post by horrorlv » Apr 19 2016 7:27am

UNIC VEHICLE LABORATORY

Rodney64   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Rodney64 » Apr 19 2016 6:37pm

korpin wrote:love my bike so far the sine wave is AWESOME!...
That's good Korpin, a big improvement from the phasor days. At least in looks anyways.

macribs   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Post by macribs » Apr 19 2016 6:48pm

Allex wrote:How do you manage damaged goods due to careless shipping? If I would order a complete bike and it came to me split in two halves. What would my options be? It seems like a carton box is not adequate when transporting such heavy vehicles.
Hm I would be a little worried about riding hard or doing drops on that HPC Revo. If swing arm and frame separated completely during transport how will bike handle either heavy riding or heavy riders? Could it be tension in the metal from welding that led to imperfect bonding or what could be the cause of breakage? The paper box used for shipping looked more or less OK, by looking at the video it is hard to tell if box has had any big drops or anything else during shipping that would cause damage.

I am sure HPC will take care of this, and resolve it so buyer does not loose money. But I hope they look into what might have caused the problem also. The Evo is such a nice lightweight frame, and the HPC team spend a lot of recourses developing the frame, sourcing proper welders and what not so I am confident they have done their math, testing and simulation beforehand to ensure metal breakage will not be an issue.

Lets hope it all works out for the buyer and that HPC shell out the cash to get the frame returned to their workshop to try to find out what went wrong.

Hyena   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Hyena » Apr 19 2016 7:26pm

Allex wrote:How do you manage damaged goods due to careless shipping? If I would order a complete bike and it came to me split in two halves.
Oh snap! Literally :shock:
macribs wrote:Hm I would be a little worried about riding hard or doing drops on that HPC Revo. If swing arm and frame separated completely during transport how will bike handle either heavy riding or heavy riders?
Definitely, this is a worry.
How many of these are in circulation ? Looks like only a few owners here on ES. Check for cracks guys!
www.HyenaElectricBikes.com
Aussie high powered e-bike kits and custom performance ebikes
New FUTR and Hyena special edition Beta frames now available!
My build and HD video thread____. My youtube channel____ Hyena Facebook page
My bike is writing cheques my body can't cash...

oatnet   10 MW

10 MW

Post by oatnet » Apr 20 2016 10:12am

Rodney64 wrote:
Allex wrote:How do you manage damaged goods due to careless shipping? If I would order a complete bike and it came to me split in two halves.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :evil:

That is a scary failure, glad it happened in shipping, not while you were riding, or had spent a lot of time building it out. :roll:

-JD
Member 117 of 26,000+

153v DUNE BUGGY © 164v Vectrix E-Moto © 72v Norco A-line/x5403 © 60v Specialized Enduro Comp/BMC © 72v x5tracycle © 48v TF IO/BMC © 36v Kepler FrictionDrive © Spot-Welding a123 © Pelican Front Packs © Vectrix Battery Replacement © MORE !!

Image大鸡巴 Motors
Knowledge is acquired through experience, everything else is just information - Albert Einstein
"Cheater?" I'm not competing, I'm Commuting!

korpin   10 kW

10 kW

Post by korpin » Apr 26 2016 12:28pm

macribs wrote:
Hm I would be a little worried about riding hard or doing drops on that HPC Revo. If swing arm and frame separated completely during transport how will bike handle either heavy riding or heavy riders? Could it be tension in the metal from welding that led to imperfect bonding or what could be the cause of breakage? The paper box used for shipping looked more or less OK, by looking at the video it is hard to tell if box has had any big drops or anything else during shipping that would cause damage.

Lets hope it all works out for the buyer and that HPC shell out the cash to get the frame returned to their workshop to try to find out what went wrong.
I was thinking the same thing....the box looks ok how could it have got wacked hard enough to break frame?..hope it was sideways because if it was just dropped on wheels the suspension should have absorbed that

macribs   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Post by macribs » Apr 26 2016 1:59pm

Looking closer at the video Allex posted and comparing that with the pic Korpin posted on top of this page it seems both bottom bracket and swing arm pivot points are broken clear off the frame. Looking at the video it is really hard to tell if the incident was due to sideways movement ie box dropped and landing sideways.

I really hope HPC are getting that frame/bike returned to the US for further inspection and I hope they can post a comment in this thread later on when and if they have had a chance to inspect the bike.

That being said, I've seen posts and pics of other frame kits that was broken in weld seems. Those frame where made of steel. And several others have build and ridden those frames hard with high power and put a lot of stress on their frames without any cracking, braking or fatigue materializing. Could be this incident with the HPC is just one of lifes freak incidents, inspection of frame by experts would hopefully reveal the cause of braking.

korpin   10 kW

10 kW

Post by korpin » Apr 26 2016 2:16pm

macribs wrote:Looking closer at the video Allex posted and comparing that with the pic Korpin posted on top of this page it seems both bottom bracket and swing arm pivot points are broken clear off the frame. Looking at the video it is really hard to tell if the incident was due to sideways movement ie box dropped and landing sideways.

That being said, I've seen posts and pics of other frame kits that was broken in weld seems. Those frame where made of steel. And several others have build and ridden those frames hard with high power and put a lot of stress on their frames without any cracking, braking or fatigue materializing. Could be this incident with the HPC is just one of lifes freak incidents, inspection of frame by experts would hopefully reveal the cause of braking.
I was just doing the same thing looking at my frame and photo it appears it broke right on weld which I THOUGHT was supposed to be stronger than surrounding metal..it seems the weld did not penetrate the metal perhaps?....the break looks so nice and clean like it was not even welded
Last edited by korpin on Apr 26 2016 9:09pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jimboyr6   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Jimboyr6 » Apr 26 2016 3:17pm

Well thats just killed sales for sure
Stealth bomber owner 138 livin the dream

ecycler   10 kW

10 kW

Post by ecycler » Apr 26 2016 3:34pm

YIKES. I am interested to see how they will handle this from a customer support perspective. Is this recall worthy?
Any grease is better than no grease.
The best exercises are the ones you enjoy doing.
I strongly prefer vehicles without doors.

korpin   10 kW

10 kW

Post by korpin » Apr 26 2016 9:19pm

Rodney64 wrote:
That's good Korpin, a big improvement from the phasor days. At least in looks anyways.
the MXUS climbs pretty good but gets hot!...even on flat ground ging around only 30....trying a new 4t V3 with thicker phase wires and venting will see what happens

i was under the impression that a 4t would be more top speed but less torque that 5t at same voltage/amps but have been told that that was wrong...may have to vent/increase phase wire size on my 5t while i am using 4t
Attachments
covers.jpg
covers.jpg (59.01 KiB) Viewed 2333 times

999zip999   100 GW

100 GW

Post by 999zip999 » Apr 27 2016 12:47am

Hot. What voltage and ampage ? How much time ?

korpin   10 kW

10 kW

Post by korpin » Apr 28 2016 9:55am

999zip999 wrote:Hot. What voltage and ampage ? How much time ?
well 86 volts nominal..96 volts hot off charge....using 35 controller amps and 81 phase amps on falt ground going around 30 mph after about 20-30 minutes

this is with 5T motor V2 with original wiring no venting

FL bomber   100 W

100 W

Post by FL bomber » Apr 28 2016 1:59pm

That sucks it is such a nice-looking frame aluminum no rust that should not happen . My stealth bomber also cracked 3 places the frame the seat frame and weld 4 vbox support . That should not happen I only weigh hundred and sixty pounds never taking bike off road in self-defense they fixed it so it happens

hi-powercycles   100 W

100 W

Post by hi-powercycles » Apr 28 2016 8:05pm

This was a very scary email we received from Russia. Not sure exactly how/why this happened, it obviously must be a faulty weld. The fact that it would just sheer off so clean, we are thinking it had to be on its side under a huge side load? It took more than a month in shipping, and the video seems to show a completely drenched/wet box. The box is extremely robust and is full custom with packaging and we have not yet had a complaint of damage with a shipped Revolution, we spent a lot of money on an ultra strong box! I guess it is no match for extreme moisture, however...

Regardless the box shows no telling signs of trauma from what we can see. So it is obviously our fault, and we will own up to this and make this right with our customer. Thank God no one was hurt. It still is so weird how it was just clean in half by the time he received it. We have been able to get 4 random frames of the first 40 made with this welder to inspect the welds and do FEA analysis. Those frames seem fine, but we are moving on with a new welder regardless.

We have literally had many Pro riders abusing the heck out of the frames, and not one failure while riding- and we have tried, so we are still trying to wrap our head around this. Because of this, we have switched welder's once again to the absolute best welder we could find. Now, our welder was one of the lead Aluminum welder's at a local aerospace company. They contract manufacture for Lockheed Martin, Boeing, and Virgin Galactic to name a few. He said he was responsible for people's lives on a daily basis since if even one of his weld's failed in space, it would be a life or death situation. So it doesn't get any better than what we have now. Because of this event, after the welding stage, each frame now goes straight to the engineer to get all weld's qualified and tested in a laboratory to ensure utmost safety.

We are just very thankful that no one was hurt and we were able to learn from it, change welder's and move forward with a stronger and safer product.
Last edited by hi-powercycles on May 04 2016 1:43pm, edited 1 time in total.

macribs   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Post by macribs » Apr 28 2016 8:22pm

Kudos for taking ownership of the problem and move forward to make even more rigid safety routines. As I said earlier I am sure you guys did testing both computer simulations and real world testing of frame during the design phase to find optimal aluminum thickness for strength and weight. Willingness to step up if problems occur really says a lot about a company and I think your approach is professional and I am sure the customer will be pleased with his new ride.

ecycler   10 kW

10 kW

Post by ecycler » Apr 29 2016 3:21pm

Amazing response, HPC. This is the kind of attention and reaction that proves the value of your product over the many other options.
Any grease is better than no grease.
The best exercises are the ones you enjoy doing.
I strongly prefer vehicles without doors.

korpin   10 kW

10 kW

Post by korpin » Apr 30 2016 10:10am

hi-powercycles wrote: Because of this event, after the welding stage, each frame now goes straight to the engineer to get all weld's qualified and tested in a laboratory to ensure utmost safety.

lol.. :roll: ........

also they will ship each frame to the space station to have astronauts check frame in zero gravity! :lol:

korpin   10 kW

10 kW

Post by korpin » May 10 2016 1:10am

Rodney64 wrote:
yes took it up a 2000 foot steep elevation the motor got hot but the adappto barely got warm....the adappto can sit for a couple weeks and i plug in my bike charges in 5-10 minutes BIG improvement over Lyen/Crystalyte controllers...with thicker phase wires/venting should be good to go

also,no rust issues to worry about and the battery compartment HUGE improvement over phasor

photo included of view from my ride

EDIT:found out my phase wires fused togeteher and almost shorted out and started to melt battery wrap....hopefully the new motor/thicker wire/and venting will make a difference....I miss my 110 volts much less amps needed
Attachments
top of desoto.jpg

MrBike   1 µW

1 µW

Post by MrBike » Jun 05 2016 8:38am

What kind of surface finish has it ? Looks like sanded aluminium with some transparent paint...?
My bike is barely legal.

Mammalian04   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Mammalian04 » Jun 05 2016 11:33am

Video taken down?

korpin   10 kW

10 kW

Post by korpin » Feb 23 2017 6:36pm

MrBike wrote:
What kind of surface finish has it ? Looks like sanded aluminium with some transparent paint...?
raw aluminum gets stained but no paint to screw with....the thing that stains it the most so far: salty sweat believe it or not!