Hi guys long time lerker, great bit of kit (using just the controller on my current commuter HS3540 48v 30ah headway std LiFePO4 charger) but I've been having some issue's with my new build, namely;
How are you guys charging? All I'm getting is 'detecting charger'!
I've an Eltek Flatpack2HE which is wired with ref from here
a 30A coil hooked up to the negative (black) female 5mm bullet and the positive on the yellow phase, I've tried all the phase plugs to no avail. I've tried both controllers x2 Mini-E too. Swapped L1 and L2 on the Elteck with no change in voltage polarity as expected, but to test current output. Also tried the std 57V 4Ah LiFePO 4 charger which barely even registers the voltage on the charging page. 'Charge' does appear on the main screen. Eltek measured at coil 53.5V on charging screen 45-47v rolling randomly.
Elteck FlatPack2HE 2000W, Mini-E, BMS, 30A Coil, 26S1P A123 20ah, Cromotor V3, 23 mile one way trip commute
Custom batt setting 3.65 Max, 2.9 Min, 3.3 Bal, 2.5 Crit, 92 HV, 65 LV, 1718 wh, 20ah, Supply Current 37A (tried 10A up to 30A as well), Batt current 20A (tried 5A - 20A too)
(Charge settings - Charge Enabled - Charge Cutoff 92V) return main screen (Left button - Press Up to Charge)
Reading 83V tiz why I want to charge. 26S has been setup in the BMS menu. CH A 1#4 2#4 3#4 4#4 5#4 6#4 7#2.
1) Does it matter what phase you plug the charging coil into?
2) On initial setup (HV, LV, Batt ah, Batt Wh) it has set the battery at 100%, will it charge even with this?
3) On the Stats page Main - Right - Up I've tried update capacity to drop it from 100% but it either a) returns to stat page b) goes to a blank screen c) button press appears to have no effect.
4) All I can think is the 100% 'fuel gauge' reading is inhibiting the charge cycle, is this right?
5) Am i going to have to individually charge each cell to get around the 100% charge?
It's going to be something so damn obvious, I just can't see it atm
Any help with this would be much appreciated,