Advanced ADAPTTO controllers and compatible products

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
karelski   1 mW

1 mW

Re: Advanced ADAPTTO controllers and compatible products

Post by karelski » Feb 23 2016 6:39am

Hi, I think on some upgrade on my ebike.
Now:
Canyon DH frame, Rock Shox Boxxer, 200mm travel, 19 x3`` tires, max about 60km/h on the flat
Cromotor V3
Kelly KLS7230S controller
http://kellycontroller.com/kls7230s24v- ... rblqjuiaq2
Battery LiFePo4 72V nominal (24s 3.2V 15Ah 3C WINA)
http://www.ev-power.eu/WINA-30Ah-100Ah/ ... -case.html
Cycle analyst V2

My questions:
1/ I use my battery about 3 years. There is already no more full capacity. I suppose to replace this battery by 20s LiPo battery (2x 6S + 2x 4S 20000mAh Multistar). What do you think about this idea? The Lipos are out of date already in ebikes?
2/ I read here a lot of positive about Adaptto Max-E. Would it be worth to replace my Kelly KLS7230S by Adaptto MAX-E (Midi)?
I use my bike first of all off road. I don`t need highest speed, I need batch controlled power in the hills.
Thanks for your comment!

Adaptto E-Drives Lab   100 W

100 W

Post by Adaptto E-Drives Lab » Feb 25 2016 6:54am

velias wrote:I wish they would concentrate on finding a U.S. dealer instead of a photo contest.

Hello,

One of our official dealers has just started supplying our products from three locations one of which is Boston (US). :)

http://adaptto.com/Dealers/

Best regards,
For sales enquiries please contact us via: sales@adaptto.com
Technical questions: techsupport@adaptto.com
Web-site: http://adaptto.com/

Altair   100 W

100 W

Post by Altair » Feb 26 2016 9:26pm

Can we have the email for the Boston location, please.
And, are they equipped to make repairs?

Thanks

100 W

Post by Adaptto E-Drives Lab » Mar 03 2016 3:47am

Altair wrote:Can we have the email for the Boston location, please.
And, are they equipped to make repairs?

Thanks

As stated on our web-site: all the requests for Vector should be sent to info@vectorebike.com disregarding your location, just don't forget to mention Boston as a preferred selling point.
They are not equipped to make repairs.

Best regards,

macribs   1 GW

1 GW

Post by macribs » Mar 03 2016 9:16am

From the QS thread:
bigbore wrote: There seems to be a possible incompatibility between the Extra/V3 Type and Adaptto controller.

Is there anyone that can shed some light upon this matter? If people are having problems with the QS 205 v3 Extra, what kind of turn count are you using, and what kind of problems are you having?

Has anyone run 205 v3 Extra with success paired up with Adaptto max-e?

fullonoob   100 W

100 W

Post by fullonoob » Mar 16 2016 11:08am

what is the !BMS! error? and all of my bms status show NO?

Polos   10 mW

10 mW

Post by Polos » Mar 16 2016 5:09pm

Hi, Addapto E-drive lab's :)

Is the NEW MXUS 3000W V3 TURBO compatible with addapto max-e ? thank you.

atomek1000   100 W

100 W

Post by atomek1000 » Mar 16 2016 7:10pm

Hey adaptto, i am about to buy max-e and wondering whether !bms! Problem is known and you repair it for free? Because there was some examples of broken bms and i worry. adaptto is very expensive and i would like to know how warranty is handled. How much does will !bms! issue cost to repair(or any issue i am not familliar what can go wrong)?
Thanks in advance for reply

100 W

Post by Adaptto E-Drives Lab » Mar 22 2016 5:17am

fullonoob wrote:what is the !BMS! error? and all of my bms status show NO?
!BMS! error means that BMS has ENABLED status in BMS Setup BUT in fact the controller does not get the signal from BMS.
It is often caused by incorrect wiring OR distortions OR problems with the connector. If all this is 100% fine and BMS is properly connected but there is still !BMS! mistake - it is worth sending the device to us for diagnostics and repair if needed.
Polos wrote:Hi, Addapto E-drive lab's :)

Is the NEW MXUS 3000W V3 TURBO compatible with addapto max-e ? thank you.
We cannot say for sure whether it is compatible or not because we haven't purchased such motor. I would suggest looking for someone in Adaptto Owner's thread who has already tried this motor with our controller.
FYI the previous MXUS motor was 100% compatible.
atomek1000 wrote:Hey adaptto, i am about to buy max-e and wondering whether !bms! Problem is known and you repair it for free? Because there was some examples of broken bms and i worry. adaptto is very expensive and i would like to know how warranty is handled. How much does will !bms! issue cost to repair(or any issue i am not familliar what can go wrong)?
Thanks in advance for reply
Hi, please read above regarding the BMS problem which is definitely covered by the warranty and repair will be free of charge except for the following cases.
Our warranty is not applicable when:
1) More than a year has passed since the device was purchased.
2) The device was flooded.
3) The device was opened (it's crucial for controllers) or physically damaged (e.g. if BMS has obvious damages like scratches or even fractures).
4) UNLOCKED firmware was used.
5) The device was fixed by us several times and a video was made demonstrating correct operation but the client says the device is broken anyway, which is obviously caused by incorrect actions of the client (not Adaptto device).

Hope it helps,
For further enquiries please contact us via one of the emails,

Altair   100 W

100 W

Post by Altair » Mar 22 2016 8:43am

Thanks Adaptto.
I also see the !BMS! indication when I power-up my system. It stays for a second or two then disappears. My BMS works correctly.
I'm just wondering if it is normal to see this warning for a few seconds on power-up.
Thanks

ridethelightning   1 MW

1 MW

Post by ridethelightning » Mar 22 2016 5:10pm

+1 i have same thing but does not cause any problems so far.

ccmdr   100 W

100 W

Post by ccmdr » Mar 22 2016 5:30pm

!BMS! on start up for a few seconds is normal. Both Mini-E's do this, and it's pretty much exactly the same time between units, I've tried 'racing' them to see which starts up first. Almost always they become ready for use at exactly the same time, the only thing varying being the screen contrast 'warm up' time.
Evidence backs up solid ideas, otherwise your thoughts are a figment of your imagination or a lesson learnt :D

Altair   100 W

100 W

Post by Altair » Mar 22 2016 6:21pm

ccmdr, this is an error message, even if it disappears after a few seconds doesn't make it "normal".
I'm waiting for the reply from Adaptto to know why it does that, and all the other details about it. It's very probably nothing to be concerned about, but there IS a reason why it displays that.

atomek1000   100 W

100 W

Post by atomek1000 » Mar 22 2016 6:33pm

Thanks for reply adaptto :) but i would also like to know what are the standard repair costs. Controller not opened flooded or things like that, normal operation. I bought used one and seller says it have no reciept so no warranty i assume.
But finger crossed it never breaks ^^

ccmdr   100 W

100 W

Post by ccmdr » Mar 23 2016 2:25am

Altair, I'd imagine it is much like the boot sequence of a regular PC, as in controlling the power up sequence (GPU before MOBO etc..). The !BMS! is 'literally' an error code as you say, but it is likely to be one of the last things to be incorporated into the coding/BOOT sequence so we see it for a few seconds :).

I'm sure they could hold off the startup screen for a few seconds so you wouldn't see !BMS!, but it not really a necessity, don't you agree? :).
Evidence backs up solid ideas, otherwise your thoughts are a figment of your imagination or a lesson learnt :D

100 W

Post by Adaptto E-Drives Lab » Mar 23 2016 3:00am

Altair wrote:Thanks Adaptto.
I also see the !BMS! indication when I power-up my system. It stays for a second or two then disappears. My BMS works correctly.
I'm just wondering if it is normal to see this warning for a few seconds on power-up.
Thanks
Hello, don't worry about this. During the switching on controller runs self-diagnostics which causes this message. It is absolutely fine.
atomek1000 wrote:Thanks for reply adaptto :) but i would also like to know what are the standard repair costs. Controller not opened flooded or things like that, normal operation. I bought used one and seller says it have no reciept so no warranty i assume.
But finger crossed it never breaks ^^
There are no exact prices because problems and failures are different in any case.
We've got only replacement costs. For instance, the replacement of power PCB costs 60% of the total controller price. Logics PCB - 30%.

fullonoob   100 W

100 W

Post by fullonoob » Mar 25 2016 1:17pm

hi
my max e is stuck in brake mode. i have tried unplug brake and throttle from display and turn on but it still display brake. this problem happen after completing charge mode..

Greenlight   10 mW

10 mW

Post by Greenlight » Mar 30 2016 12:43pm

These controllers are all hit and miss. I am starting to question their build quality. I have purchased five Max e controllers and only one is working properly. I recently purchased two 14kW max e controllers from Arthur,both did not work out of the box. When turned on, the srceens would only flash intermittently. Contacted adaptto they said they have not seen this problem and does not exist even though Arthur explained that he was having the some problems with some of his new controllers. Well a long story short; a lot of back and forth sending messages and videos they finally said try reflashing. This only worked for one of the controllers the other has only 6.7amp max output. Multiple messages to them with no logical response. Oleg was suppose to reply when he was back in the office. I have not heard a word from them since.
Another max e 12kW controller was working fine after sending it back to them when it did not work brand new out of the box. After one year of use the eco mode now no longer works. Multiple messages are not returned.
Another max e 12kW controller quit working while I was under full throttle. The screen just went blank and nothing turned on again. I sent it back and they said something is wrong with the control board. Oleg explained that it would not be covered under warranty cause a circuit breaker was not used even though I sent him detailed pictures that one was in fact wired in.
2018 Zero 7.2 FSX
Tesla P100D
Stealth Bomber/Cromotor /Max-E
Stealth Fighter/MXUS/ Max-E
Raptor 140/ Cromotor /Max-E
CURRENT PROJECT:
Zero

Artur   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Artur » Apr 01 2016 4:22am

Greenlight wrote:Arthur explained that he was having the some problems with some of his new controllers
I said I had this problem after I update the software on my old model Max controller on my bike, but then I downgrade the software back to previous model and this problem is still here but happened 1 in 10 times I turn on the bike. So this is 100% software mistake. I think we need just let adaptto to make a new sofware where they will fix it.

EschoffiereMich   100 µW

100 µW

Post by EschoffiereMich » Apr 13 2016 3:10am

I´m starting to have the same concers about Adaptto as Greenlight. I had the same issue out of the box where the controller judt started flashing up, only turning on 1 out of 10 times. Throttle was acting wierd, all in all only problems. After checking every possibility I found a faulty soldering job at the Display connection coming from the cotroller side. As I have read this a lot of times now I have the feeling the guys at Adaptto can´t even handle a soldering iron properly. Eighter that or they are just extremely chintzy about their tin-solder. I really love the Adptto systems when they are working and also reliable. But since I have experienced so much hassle with my unit even with Oleg at the support wich had no clue what was going on I´m not going to buy another unit from them.
They should really think of their attitude towards their customers.
My explanation to this kind of children's illness is just the way of thinking in profit, not customer satisfaction. Noticed this a lot of times with my last e-bike built. I´m really carefull nowerdays where I buy my parts from and what the philosophy behind the company is/ what they stand for.

100 W

Post by Adaptto E-Drives Lab » Apr 13 2016 8:50am

EschoffiereMich wrote:I´m starting to have the same concers about Adaptto as Greenlight. I had the same issue out of the box where the controller judt started flashing up, only turning on 1 out of 10 times. Throttle was acting wierd, all in all only problems. After checking every possibility I found a faulty soldering job at the Display connection coming from the cotroller side. As I have read this a lot of times now I have the feeling the guys at Adaptto can´t even handle a soldering iron properly. Eighter that or they are just extremely chintzy about their tin-solder. I really love the Adptto systems when they are working and also reliable. But since I have experienced so much hassle with my unit even with Oleg at the support wich had no clue what was going on I´m not going to buy another unit from them.
They should really think of their attitude towards their customers.
My explanation to this kind of children's illness is just the way of thinking in profit, not customer satisfaction. Noticed this a lot of times with my last e-bike built. I´m really carefull nowerdays where I buy my parts from and what the philosophy behind the company is/ what they stand for.

Hello,
If you are using a public source to express your dissatisfaction and mention neither your name/surname, nor contact details/email address it is definitely not a good idea to use a fresh account with 2 post in total. Thus please let us know at least your name and email.

The problem of blinking displays existed only on Max-E controllers. It was a software bug which is now resolved - please just download the latest firmware from our web-site: http://adaptto.com/Support/.
It took one week from detection of problem until solution. Who else can offer you a comparable service?

As for the soldering quality and customer approach: we produce our controllers in Moscow and do not outsource to China purely to maintain the quality and fastest customer support (including repairs). Of cource small mistakes and failures are possible but we offer 1-year official warranty which covers such problems as low-quality soldering. At the end of the day, both our stats and dealers' data show that at least 80% of problems with controllers are caused by a human factor/improper using. These are DIY devices requiring definite levels of engineering proficiency or time and patience to understand everything.

Hope it helps and wait for your details to discuss further,
Please don't hesitate to contact me via one of our emails,
Best regards,
Oleg

brumbrum   100 kW

100 kW

Post by brumbrum » Apr 16 2016 10:31am

Hi Oleg,
I have sent a message to technical support through your website on wednesday 13th April and have had no reply.
I have also sent you an email to olegk@adaptto.ru detailing my situation and have had no reply. :(
My controller is brand new and will not go into charge mode, i need to send it back to Russia for warranty assessment.
Please can you help, i am getting quite frustrated.
I will also now send you a private message with my concerns.
Thanks
Andrew
My NYX and cromotor build
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=74615
My LMX 161 dirt bike build
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=94074

ridethelightning   1 MW

1 MW

Post by ridethelightning » Apr 17 2016 2:46am

for the record, Oleg replied very quickly when i used this address 2 days ago.
techsupport@adaptto.com

I think they might have some issues with their email..

korpin   10 kW

10 kW

Re: ADAPTTO cruise control brakes motor?

Post by korpin » Apr 17 2016 8:36pm

I apologize if this has already been gone thru but does Adappto actually brake motor or regen if you go over set cruise speed?....

the reason I ask is I got the impression that my MXUS was actually braking going downhill in cruise INSTEAD of just reducing power as it should be.....or is this just an illusion caused my motor/bearing drag?...because it seemed my top sped did not go too much higher than set cruise speed EVEN when going down a steep grade :cry:

fullonoob   100 W

100 W

Post by fullonoob » Apr 18 2016 1:02am

where i live its flat... thats a cool feature didnt know it could do that.