Advanced ADAPTTO controllers and compatible products

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
User avatar
Willow   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 797
Joined: Sep 06 2011 7:42pm
Location: Tasmania

Re: ADAPTTO cruise control brakes motor?

Post by Willow » Apr 18 2016 1:22am

korpin wrote:I apologize if this has already been gone thru but does Adappto actually brake motor or regen if you go over set cruise speed?....

the reason I ask is I got the impression that my MXUS was actually braking going downhill in cruise INSTEAD of just reducing power as it should be.....or is this just an illusion caused my motor/bearing drag?...because it seemed my top sped did not go too much higher than set cruise speed EVEN when going down a steep grade :cry:

Your throttle mode might be on SPEED mode rather than TORQUE mode.

korpin   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 608
Joined: Sep 18 2011 5:50pm

Re: ADAPTTO cruise control brakes motor?

Post by korpin » Apr 18 2016 5:54pm

Willow wrote:
korpin wrote:I apologize if this has already been gone thru but does Adappto actually brake motor or regen if you go over set cruise speed?....

the reason I ask is I got the impression that my MXUS was actually braking going downhill in cruise INSTEAD of just reducing power as it should be.....or is this just an illusion caused my motor/bearing drag?...because it seemed my top sped did not go too much higher than set cruise speed EVEN when going down a steep grade :cry:

Your throttle mode might be on SPEED mode rather than TORQUE mode.
checked that it IS in torque mode....maybe i gotta find a really steep hill and check again my freewheel cassette is dragging heavy for sure

GmagNeato   100 W

100 W
Posts: 191
Joined: Oct 12 2015 7:40am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Advanced ADAPTTO controllers and compatible products

Post by GmagNeato » Apr 21 2016 3:39pm

macribs wrote:From the QS thread:
bigbore wrote: There seems to be a possible incompatibility between the Extra/V3 Type and Adaptto controller.

Is there anyone that can shed some light upon this matter? If people are having problems with the QS 205 v3 Extra, what kind of turn count are you using, and what kind of problems are you having?

Has anyone run 205 v3 Extra with success paired up with Adaptto max-e?
I took the plunge and ordered a QS 205 v3 extra 3T. Hoping to receive it next week and will be pairing it up with Max-E. Will advise any issues I encounter. Bigbore seems to be running the combo just fine last I saw as well as Vector although I'm not sure what turn count they are using.
1st build: (commuter conversion) Novara HT / DIY 15s7p Panasonic NCRB's (harvested from used laptop packs) / 40a generic Chinese controller / 1500w 5T Leaf motor (STOCK)

2nd build: EEB frame / 20s4p of 7200mah Turnigy Hard Case Packs, 74v nominal, 28.8ah, 2131wh / Adaptto Max-E (9G4 firmware currently) + BMS + 70a Charge Coil onboard / QS 205 V3 Extra 5T

User avatar
Willow   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 797
Joined: Sep 06 2011 7:42pm
Location: Tasmania

Re: Advanced ADAPTTO controllers and compatible products

Post by Willow » May 03 2016 9:29pm

As winner of the ADAPTTO photo competition - the kind lads sent me this 14KW Max-e for the new steed.

Thanks fellas, this stuff is awesome..
P1010099.JPG

User avatar
Brake   100 W

100 W
Posts: 285
Joined: Jan 24 2014 12:58am
Location: Spokane, Wa

Re: Advanced ADAPTTO controllers and compatible products

Post by Brake » May 03 2016 11:20pm

Congratulations! Bike looks great too.

User avatar
Samer   10 W

10 W
Posts: 70
Joined: Jun 20 2014 6:40pm

Re: Advanced ADAPTTO controllers and compatible products

Post by Samer » May 04 2016 4:46am

hello everyone

any body tried adaptto with mid drive system?

cyclone motor?
gng motors?

cheers

matamipru   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 11
Joined: Mar 26 2016 10:37pm

Re: Advanced ADAPTTO controllers and compatible products

Post by matamipru » May 06 2016 1:35am

what is the energetic efficiency?

okashira   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 955
Joined: Nov 17 2014 6:45pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Advanced ADAPTTO controllers and compatible products

Post by okashira » May 06 2016 9:30am

matamipru wrote:what is the energetic efficiency?
Based on the physical size of their controllers and power output, I am sure they can reach at least 98%
"Peace out - I'm done."
-- Bernhard Riemann, 1859

edisonmotors.net
Tesla Model S 18650 cells - like new - and custom packs from Tesla cells for sale. Any shape Any power Any capacity.
PM me or search my threads.

User avatar
Allex   1 GW

1 GW
Posts: 3066
Joined: Dec 05 2011 8:46am
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Advanced ADAPTTO controllers and compatible products

Post by Allex » May 07 2016 2:30am

Got this quote from Oleg at Adaptto:
"As for sinus peak and RMS values - phase current represents RMS value. BTW the efficiency coefficient of the controller is so high that e.g. 100W of heat would burn the device."

80for20   10 W

10 W
Posts: 67
Joined: Sep 26 2013 12:36am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Re: Advanced ADAPTTO controllers and compatible products

Post by 80for20 » May 08 2016 1:04am

Samer, I was just wondering the same thing except on a LR big block. Anyone? Anyone?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Altair   100 W

100 W
Posts: 267
Joined: May 03 2014 10:35am
Location: Quebec, Canada

Re: Advanced ADAPTTO controllers and compatible products

Post by Altair » May 08 2016 7:29am

I think this question should also be sent to Oleg at Adaptto.
I've seen mentions in other threads that people had tried it but with low success rate.
There is one important "feature" of the Adaptto that does not lend it to be easily adaptable to a mid-drive, and this is the fact that at low RPM, there is some inherent smoothing or ramping of the RPM that cannot be programmed out, and this prevents the motor from picking up speed instantly like we need in a mid-drive.

I have run a geared-down MAC motor converted as a mid-drive all last winter on my fatbike, and this behavior was pissing me off constantly. When you're going very slow on a rough terrain for example, and you turn the steering, you need to blip the throttle to keep your balance. But when the controller doesn't respond instantly to your throttle, the bike tends to momentarily fall inside the turn, until the motor picks up. It's maddening.

But ask Adaptto anyway. The more they hear about our interests and needs, the more chance we have that they will come up with a drive that is well adapted to mid-drives.
They're called Adaptto after all, right? :P

Xtr6   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 40
Joined: Jan 17 2015 1:20pm

Re: Advanced ADAPTTO controllers and compatible products

Post by Xtr6 » May 08 2016 11:22am

Hello all,

I have updated my E raptor 165 with a cro motor. I was running with a Lyen 24 S lipo at 100 Volts and 50 Amp.
Made the decission to buy a Adappto and man my bike turned in to a wheelie machine.
What a torque and what a power. I run at this moment 18 s lipo's and have 3x 6 s 16000 multitsar in it.
They are at this moment verry cheap at HK. so I put in another pack and have now 32 AH. This brings me so much fun.
Only problem is that I have been arrested by the Forrest police. They gave me a warning and advised me to stay out of the wouds for a long time. It wasn't a bike but a illegal motorcycle they said. (and yes it is that fast)

korpin   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 608
Joined: Sep 18 2011 5:50pm

Re: Advanced ADAPTTO controllers and compatible products

Post by korpin » May 08 2016 1:04pm

one thing nice about adappto compared to lyen or crystalyte controllers is i can let my bike sit a couple weeks and it takes 5-10 minutes to top off

will take my bike DOWN a steep hill on cruise control see what happens...if I am in cruise control and go down a steep hill my bike SHOULD go faster than set cruise speed if I lay off brakes CORRECT??? :?:

atomek1000   100 W

100 W
Posts: 107
Joined: Nov 08 2014 6:00pm
Location: Poland

Re: Advanced ADAPTTO controllers and compatible products

Post by atomek1000 » May 08 2016 1:54pm

Altair wrote:I think this question should also be sent to Oleg at Adaptto.
I've seen mentions in other threads that people had tried it but with low success rate.
There is one important "feature" of the Adaptto that does not lend it to be easily adaptable to a mid-drive, and this is the fact that at low RPM, there is some inherent smoothing or ramping of the RPM that cannot be programmed out, and this prevents the motor from picking up speed instantly like we need in a mid-drive.

I have run a geared-down MAC motor converted as a mid-drive all last winter on my fatbike, and this behavior was pissing me off constantly. When you're going very slow on a rough terrain for example, and you turn the steering, you need to blip the throttle to keep your balance. But when the controller doesn't respond instantly to your throttle, the bike tends to momentarily fall inside the turn, until the motor picks up. It's maddening.

But ask Adaptto anyway. The more they hear about our interests and needs, the more chance we have that they will come up with a drive that is well adapted to mid-drives.
They're called Adaptto after all, right? :P
What are your PWM RISE and Phase/batt current settings? My thoughts were pretty simmilar when i first tested this controller but with pwm rise set to max 80 and high phase currents it accelerates instantly but smooth. You also have smooth setting but is doesnt seem to have that much affect on low speed acceleration. Maybe somebody more experienced will correct me if i am wrong.

User avatar
Willow   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 797
Joined: Sep 06 2011 7:42pm
Location: Tasmania

Re: Advanced ADAPTTO controllers and compatible products

Post by Willow » May 08 2016 5:07pm

Altair wrote:I think this question should also be sent to Oleg at Adaptto.
I've seen mentions in other threads that people had tried it but with low success rate.
There is one important "feature" of the Adaptto that does not lend it to be easily adaptable to a mid-drive, and this is the fact that at low RPM, there is some inherent smoothing or ramping of the RPM that cannot be programmed out, and this prevents the motor from picking up speed instantly like we need in a mid-drive.

I have run a geared-down MAC motor converted as a mid-drive all last winter on my fatbike, and this behavior was pissing me off constantly. When you're going very slow on a rough terrain for example, and you turn the steering, you need to blip the throttle to keep your balance. But when the controller doesn't respond instantly to your throttle, the bike tends to momentarily fall inside the turn, until the motor picks up. It's maddening.

But ask Adaptto anyway. The more they hear about our interests and needs, the more chance we have that they will come up with a drive that is well adapted to mid-drives.
They're called Adaptto after all, right? :P

change your throttle mode to "SPEED" rather than TORQUE mode... you may find this more responsive.

Altair   100 W

100 W
Posts: 267
Joined: May 03 2014 10:35am
Location: Quebec, Canada

Re: Advanced ADAPTTO controllers and compatible products

Post by Altair » May 08 2016 7:41pm

My PWM rise was at 80 and my phase currents were at around 60A, the max that the MAC motor was capabe of supporting before overheating.
I also tried the Speed mode but didn't like it because at low throttle settings, it felt "choppy".

Anyway, I am now installing an alternative big block motor and a Kelly controller until Adaptto comes up with a version that is better for those motors.

korpin   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 608
Joined: Sep 18 2011 5:50pm

Re: ADAPTTO cruise control brakes motor?

Post by korpin » May 08 2016 10:06pm

Willow wrote:
korpin wrote:I apologize if this has already been gone thru but does Adappto actually brake motor or regen if you go over set cruise speed?....

the reason I ask is I got the impression that my MXUS was actually braking going downhill in cruise INSTEAD of just reducing power as it should be.....or is this just an illusion caused my motor/bearing drag?...because it seemed my top sped did not go too much higher than set cruise speed EVEN when going down a steep grade :cry:

Your throttle mode might be on SPEED mode rather than TORQUE mode.
TOOK IT UP VERY STEEP incline (about 2000 ft elevation) it sped up past cruise speed finally on way down...looks like my freewheel has severe drag...one thing i gotta say about adappto... the motor got burning hot but the adappto was just barely warm!

User avatar
sn0wchyld   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1594
Joined: Mar 18 2011 8:27pm
Location: South Aus.

Re: Advanced ADAPTTO controllers and compatible products

Post by sn0wchyld » May 09 2016 1:36am

Altair wrote:My PWM rise was at 80 and my phase currents were at around 60A, the max that the MAC motor was capabe of supporting before overheating.
I also tried the Speed mode but didn't like it because at low throttle settings, it felt "choppy".

Anyway, I am now installing an alternative big block motor and a Kelly controller until Adaptto comes up with a version that is better for those motors.
you shouldn't have too much trouble getting the adaptto working with a big block/mid drive.
another tip, make sure your throttle isn't set to have some expodential to it.
Its gotta be settings imo, as I've not had those issues after getting my rv100pro dialed in right (but i did have them initially). very snappy throttle response now. dont rely on the autodetect for higher rpm motors though, mine required manual tuning.



Samer wrote:hello everyone

any body tried adaptto with mid drive system?

cyclone motor?
gng motors?

cheers
currently running mine with a revolt rv100pro, working well other than i need a bigger motor for my riding :twisted:. Some other member runs his with a even higher rpm motor (greentimes or something like that) with no issue too.
definately needs some manual tuning though.

Altair   100 W

100 W
Posts: 267
Joined: May 03 2014 10:35am
Location: Quebec, Canada

Re: Advanced ADAPTTO controllers and compatible products

Post by Altair » May 09 2016 7:39am

Thanks sn0wchyld
My throttle prog. was set at zero, so that couldn't have been the problem.
Anyway, I'll probably use my adaptto on my other bike that I'm converting, so I'll redo all the settings.
I had forgotten about the Revolt motor, seems like a nice candidate for my next project...

Altair   100 W

100 W
Posts: 267
Joined: May 03 2014 10:35am
Location: Quebec, Canada

Re: Advanced ADAPTTO controllers and compatible products

Post by Altair » May 09 2016 10:28am

:shock: I just realized that the Revolt is an outrunner, so... less suitable for my next project.

korpin   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 608
Joined: Sep 18 2011 5:50pm

Re: Advanced ADAPTTO controllers and compatible products

Post by korpin » May 19 2016 11:42pm

got my MXUS V3 vented and hooked up got to 45 mph using 35 battery amps and 80 phase amps in normal setting (with PWR setting to 1.40)

I was told to try and adjust my power timing from 1.5-2.5...anything detrimental i have to worry about by increasing power timing?

what about Wire R PHC setting?...i have it on "no" and it selects about 7000 KV which seems low for my 4T MXUS....

also my temperature says 32 degrees no matter what sensor setting I put it on tried them all...using MPH units so i assume its farenheit
Attachments
mxus  vented mounted.jpg
mxus vented mounted.jpg (75.06 KiB) Viewed 1507 times
adappto motor kv.jpg
adappto motor kv.jpg (64.33 KiB) Viewed 1507 times
adappto angle correction.jpg
adappto angle correction.jpg (36.87 KiB) Viewed 1507 times
adapto power timing.jpg
adapto power timing.jpg (46.11 KiB) Viewed 1507 times

brickwall   10 W

10 W
Posts: 85
Joined: Jun 27 2015 3:34am
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Advanced ADAPTTO controllers and compatible products

Post by brickwall » May 26 2016 2:26am

Are there any official or other plug-and-play throttle, brake and e-brake controls for the Adaptto? Something that doesn't require crimping or soldering.

Architectonic   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 491
Joined: Nov 05 2011 8:46pm
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Re: Advanced ADAPTTO controllers and compatible products

Post by Architectonic » May 26 2016 4:14am

brickwall wrote:Are there any official or other plug-and-play throttle, brake and e-brake controls for the Adaptto? Something that doesn't require crimping or soldering.
Excellent question!
I was interested in high quality throttles to be used with the Adaptto (without messing about, e.g. with the Magura throttle)?

User avatar
Adaptto E-Drives Lab   100 W

100 W
Posts: 119
Joined: Mar 02 2012 5:01pm
Location: Moscow, Russia

Re: Advanced ADAPTTO controllers and compatible products

Post by Adaptto E-Drives Lab » May 26 2016 5:33am

brickwall wrote:Are there any official or other plug-and-play throttle, brake and e-brake controls for the Adaptto? Something that doesn't require crimping or soldering.
Hello,

Unfortunately there are no official (or plug-and-play) throttles. However we've got the plans to launch production of our throttles compatible with controllers.
For sales enquiries please contact us via: sales@adaptto.com
Technical questions: techsupport@adaptto.com
Web-site: http://adaptto.com/

User avatar
Offroader   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2181
Joined: Sep 08 2013 9:03pm
Location: USA

Re: Advanced ADAPTTO controllers and compatible products

Post by Offroader » May 26 2016 11:06am

korpin wrote:got my MXUS V3 vented and hooked up got to 45 mph using 35 battery amps and 80 phase amps in normal setting (with PWR setting to 1.40)

I was told to try and adjust my power timing from 1.5-2.5...anything detrimental i have to worry about by increasing power timing?

what about Wire R PHC setting?...i have it on "no" and it selects about 7000 KV which seems low for my 4T MXUS....

also my temperature says 32 degrees no matter what sensor setting I put it on tried them all...using MPH units so i assume its farenheit
What thermistor is in the MXUS motor?

What thermistor is in that motor, sounds like if you have a NTC10K and if that is the case the temp will read 32 until you hit over 100F. If you have a KTY sounds like you have another issue like a bad connection.

Does the adaptto ever read the KV correctly? I can't see how it could read it correctly because you have the rim and tire on putting a load on the motor. The motor would have to be spun load free to get a correct reading.

Post Reply