Advanced ADAPTTO controllers and compatible products

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
mahoma30   100 mW

100 mW

Re: Advanced ADAPTTO controllers and compatible products

Post by mahoma30 » Oct 08 2019 3:04am

Adaptto send me a Answer:
Hello!
On the main controller (master) there is a special 4PIN wire connected to the brain board in a special way.
The secondary (slave) controller is standard, the 2WD function must be enabled in the menu. To communicate with the main controller, data transfer via the BMS connector is used. This is not a CAN bus, and transmission is not via CAN.
The connecting wire for connecting the master controller and connecting the BMS at the same time, this is an ordinary double wire connected in parallel, you can make it yourself, there are two female connectors in parallel connected to one male connector, the main thing is not to confuse the wire numbers according to the diagram.
You can connect the main and secondary controllers directly through the BMS connector.

mahoma30   100 mW

100 mW

Post by mahoma30 » Oct 10 2019 12:49pm

hello,
somebody can tell me which settings I can make with Adaptti midi-e for power settings( eco/normal/boost )
Got 18x Yuasa LEV40 cells ( nomin 3,7V) and a mid-hubmonster engine.
The settings I've tried at the moment don't give a satisfactory result yet. As a further option I have a mini-e for the 2WD adjustment.

Rio   100 µW

100 µW

Post by Rio » Dec 11 2019 5:19am

Looking for help connecting Adaptto screen to controller. The four pin connector has been removed.

Wires from the controller: White, Yellow, Green, Brown, and two shorter red wires (unsure if red wires were connected)

Wires from screen: Brown, Blue, Black, White

Rio   100 µW

100 µW

Post by Rio » Feb 17 2020 2:54am

display controller
brown green
white white
black brown
blue yellow
- red
- red

The company answered my email; I am very grateful

DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW

Post by DasDouble » Feb 29 2020 7:44am

A friend of mine has problems with his max-e

suddently his boost setting stopped giving full power even tho it was fully charged. It only gave 500Watts instead of 4kW.

Anyone knows this problem? His display stopped showing text, only white screen propably duo to high humidity some weeks ago but this problem got better now. Now he considers to spray some WD-40 fast drying contact cleaner onto the display or resetting his controller.

Anyone knows some help?
Mechatronics-Engineering Student
-Built own ebike: ✔
-Built own 3.2kWh LiIon battery (300Amps): ✔
-Overtake Porsche with own Ebike: ✔
-Take off with ebike: ✖

~14kW, 3.2kWh LiIon, QS 205 8ml ff, hubsink

DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW

Post by DasDouble » Feb 29 2020 8:17am

Nevermind.. He has to send it back. Display just started going on, off, on, off without showing numbers now. For sure duo to high humidity. Someone knows where exactly to send it in russia?

Ohbse   10 kW

10 kW

Post by Ohbse » Feb 29 2020 10:37pm

Good luck with that. I'm not aware of any recent repair successes. Tell your friend to get on the Nucular waiting list asap!

DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW

Post by DasDouble » Mar 01 2020 9:50am

Ohbse wrote:
Feb 29 2020 10:37pm
Good luck with that. I'm not aware of any recent repair successes. Tell your friend to get on the Nucular waiting list asap!
Well my personal Max-E got repaired like 2 times already. Worked really great with them. Hopefully not the whole controller is damaged but only the display instead.
Cheers

Ohbse   10 kW

10 kW

Post by Ohbse » Mar 01 2020 3:14pm

DasDouble wrote:
Mar 01 2020 9:50am
Well my personal Max-E got repaired like 2 times already. Worked really great with them. Hopefully not the whole controller is damaged but only the display instead.
Cheers
Recently? I'm not sure that Adaptto is functional as a business at all at this point...

Allex   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Allex » Mar 02 2020 10:34am

If you want to get yours fixed, mail to: shop@adaptto.ru
They still do repairs.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Mar 02 2020 12:23pm

Ohbse wrote:
Mar 01 2020 3:14pm
DasDouble wrote:
Mar 01 2020 9:50am
Cheers
Recently? I'm not sure that Adaptto is functional as a business at all at this point...
They might be coming back, I checked their website, it has changed, a little. Allex, got any info you can publicly share?

HK12K   10 kW

10 kW

Post by HK12K » Mar 02 2020 2:02pm

I hope they make a comeback. They were so far ahead of the curve I'd love to see what they could come up with in their next iteration.

bigbore   10 kW

10 kW

Post by bigbore » Mar 02 2020 3:56pm

Mee too ..... I've been using the Max-e Allex sold me with the used Bomber and today I still have to see something equivalent. With Nucular I would miss the BMS feature I use almost every day I ride my Bomber.

HK12K   10 kW

10 kW

Post by HK12K » Mar 02 2020 5:28pm

bigbore wrote:
Mar 02 2020 3:56pm
Mee too ..... I've been using the Max-e Allex sold me with the used Bomber and today I still have to see something equivalent. With Nucular I would miss the BMS feature I use almost every day I ride my Bomber.
Agreed. I have been spoiled by the Adaptto bms and after having it I wouldn't want to be without it if given the choice.

I wonder how Nuc is doing on the development of theirs as I haven't heard a peep about it's progress.

Merlin   10 MW

10 MW

Post by Merlin » Mar 04 2020 8:01pm

the bms feature was nice at its time....but today with the BT Bms you dont need it "integrated".
NUC will have also "integrated" BMS but for now not a must have...

what a must have is a nucular.
all adaptto "fans" get the same features except of a 50% send back repair statistic *lol

no problems with rain/water,
no charge coil needed.
30% more phase, 80% more Battery Power.
real time support channel.

even if they throw out tomorrow a controller it will be hard to beat a nucular.
this time adaptto has to proof that they "new generation" product will not drown in simple humidity, not blow on charging, not blow while riding.
have more then on/off PAS features and no weird Hall e1 e2 x2 errors popping up after some weeks of not using the bike. :thumb:

+ for now....nucs are pretty half the price of the max-e

Wheazel   10 kW

10 kW

Post by Wheazel » Apr 23 2020 5:44am

Hi, I am seeking a word of advice based on experience.
I have been running a custom cargobike with an adaptto maxE (older version 8kw i think) and a mxus 3k since 2015. Not much riding time later years but at least some riding every summer. In total around 12000km without any controller problems. It is also seeing low loads in general, max 4kw. When I put the bike in cold-garage storage last year (like every year so far) it worked. Yesterday I decided it was time to bring it out again, but then something has happened during the winter. The bike has been isolated and untouched.

The motor stutters and has basically no torque, seems like a control problem. Where would you start looking?
BMS seem to be working fine, did charge the bike prior to taking it out, but I did react on when I unplugged the charger, I didn't get an option to leave charge mode, it was still sensing for the charger which I don't think has happened before. Had to restart the controller to exit charge mode.

I can naturally start tearing everything apart but thought there might be a more efficient strategy.

amberwolf   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Post by amberwolf » Apr 23 2020 5:57am

Since the charger uses one of the motor phases, and you have a problem that is like a phase connection problem with motor operation, I'd check the motor phase connectors first.

Could be anything from simple oxidation to corrosion in the contact(s), to just being pulled a bit loose.

Could also be something actually failed inside the controller (fets, etc).

if it's none of the above, I have read of thermal sensors inside the controller that fail from moisture ingress. I doubt that would produce your symptoms, but worth a look.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Apr 23 2020 9:11pm

amberwolf wrote:
Apr 23 2020 5:57am
Since the charger uses one of the motor phases, and you have a problem that is like a phase connection problem with motor operation, I'd check the motor phase connectors first.

Could be anything from simple oxidation to corrosion in the contact(s), to just being pulled a bit loose

Could also be something actually failed inside the controller (fets, etc).

if it's none of the above, I have read of thermal sensors inside the controller that fail from moisture ingress. I doubt that would produce your symptoms, but worth a look.
That is exactly what happened to me. On top of the loose connection, the XT150 arc'd itself together and raised all sorts of hell.

Wheazel   10 kW

10 kW

Post by Wheazel » Apr 25 2020 1:17pm

Some more info on this error. Checked connectors, the only ones between the controller and motor and they are located inside the bike and look like new, no oxide. Tested the drive again and confirmed the stuttering and low torque. Did the charge connection to verify my last findings and saw that it indicated a low charge voltage although no charger was attached. When connecting the charger I could sense a slight vibration and force from the motor. Disconnected again and tried to leave charge mode. Was hit or miss if it worked. Does this info ring any bells? I cant see any damage on any wires and everything is well routed and sound as far as I can see.
20200425_140834_resized.jpg
20200425_140834_resized.jpg (429.14 KiB) Viewed 344 times
20200425_140225_resized.jpg
20200425_140225_resized.jpg (459.94 KiB) Viewed 344 times

inedible   100 W

100 W

Post by inedible » Apr 25 2020 2:41pm

I'd grab a multimeter, disconnect the phase wires, measure resistance between each of the coils in your motor. Also probe the controller side of the phase wires while it's powered up, measure voltage between each phase and ground.

My MIDI-E just died recently, and it's showing "Charging" at all times, can't exit it. What I found is that one of the phase wires coming out of the controller was reading 78v, basically full battery voltage. I'm assuming that means one of the FETs is blown, but I haven't taken it apart yet.

amberwolf   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Post by amberwolf » Apr 25 2020 5:55pm

inedible wrote:
Apr 25 2020 2:41pm
I'd grab a multimeter, disconnect the phase wires, measure resistance between each of the coils in your motor.
That will just show a short circuit, because a typical multimeter cannot measure that low a resistance (a few dozen milliohms, usually).

You'd need either a decent LCR meter (about $100 and up for something that can go that low) or another type of meter that can measure that low a resistance.

Then, when you measure, if all three readings (YG, GB, GY) are the same, there's no short between the phases (at least, not at low voltage). If one is really low vs the others, then that pair has a short between them (or one of the phases that's common to both higher readings has a poor connection and is causing a higher resistance).