Vector Storm e-bike Frame 299€ / Parts WORLDWIDE

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
macribs   1 GW

1 GW

Re: Vector. New 5.4 kW ebike from scratch.

Post by macribs » Aug 13 2014 10:33am

On your ready made bikes will you offer Cromotor as well? I see pics of Vector's with both Cromotors and Cryslite.
When you do launch your kickstarter campaign, how long before the bikes are available to the public?
Do you have a websites where people could order a bike today?
Look forward to follow your campaign and your bikes looks well engineered and sturdy.

Best of luck and 'll be in your corner cheering and rooting for you. :)

macribs   1 GW

1 GW

Post by macribs » Aug 13 2014 10:37am

Archer wrote:Improve this e-bike by improving some of the weaker areas of the Stealth.

4.Offer This Battery:Like Allex at Stealth forum is using.Icing on the cake!!
84v, 35Ah, 3000Wh, 12.5Kg

Good luck! Tim

Got any links? Where is the stealth forum and who tf is Allex?

John in CR   100 GW

100 GW

Post by John in CR » Aug 13 2014 12:58pm

Top of charge voltage X peak current is no way to quote the power of an ebike, because it's not even possible to achieve that power input. Plus in the interest of battery life and battery safety, your charger shouldn't use 4.2V/cell as the cutoff point. Also, quoting a range of 100km while also stating that your bike isn't for pedaling is also misleading. Sure I can see that kind of range is remotely possible going quite slow with a fit cyclist adding a lot of pedal effort, but that's no realistic. It looks like a quality bike, well except for the motor choice, but you don't do it justice by using inflated numbers.

Artur   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Artur » Aug 13 2014 5:13pm

macribs wrote:On your ready made bikes will you offer Cromotor as well? I see pics of Vector's with both Cromotors and Cryslite.
When you do launch your kickstarter campaign, how long before the bikes are available to the public?
Do you have a websites where people could order a bike today?
Look forward to follow your campaign and your bikes looks well engineered and sturdy.

Best of luck and 'll be in your corner cheering and rooting for you. :)
Yes, cromotor will be one of the options.
Hopefully we will start it at the end of September in order to start shipping in Spring.
Web site is developing :)

John in CR wrote:Top of charge voltage X peak current is no way to quote the power of an ebike, because it's not even possible to achieve that power input. Plus in the interest of battery life and battery safety, your charger shouldn't use 4.2V/cell as the cutoff point. Also, quoting a range of 100km while also stating that your bike isn't for pedaling is also misleading. Sure I can see that kind of range is remotely possible going quite slow with a fit cyclist adding a lot of pedal effort, but that's no realistic. It looks like a quality bike, well except for the motor choice, but you don't do it justice by using inflated numbers.

Agree with you John! As I said before we are planning to make 84V (LiFe) battery, 28Ah. 84V*65A=5.4 kW. Stock Stealth Bomber has 4.5 kW with 1.5 KWH battery.
I belive 100km on a 84V*28Ah=2.3 KWH battery is not a problem even on a good speed.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Aug 13 2014 8:36pm

macribs wrote:
Archer wrote:Improve this e-bike by improving some of the weaker areas of the Stealth.

Good luck! Tim

Allex was one of the guys that commented about the vector through invitation from the Artur from the Stealth Thread. This is his Bomber with 84 volt 33ah battery.

I think the Vector has good potential. But, I find it interesting that Vector is comparing their bike to the Bomber specifically. I guess that means Stealth Ebikes are the standard to be measured by. But this is my take. If Vector can really build an e-bike that is as tough, durable, handles as well, looks as good, and out performs a Stealth Bomber with better components, and a year warranty, for 6000 bucks, that will be trully impressive. For the life of me, I can't see how that will be achieved, but heh, I don't crap about manufacturing ebikes either. Not saying that Vector can't do it, I am saying do it and prove it. Its no secret, I am partial to Stealth, as I have owned both the Bomber and Fighter and will always have a Stealth Ebike, but I can also say that there is always room in my shop for another ebike.
Attachments
84V 33ah Bomber.jpg
84V 33ah Bomber.jpg (130.08 KiB) Viewed 4899 times

mvly   10 kW

10 kW

Post by mvly » Aug 14 2014 1:12am

Well vector have one thing going for them in terms of price. They don't use the vboxx gear like the bomber does. Right there you can save $1500. But they do have their work cut out for them because even without the vboxx shifter, they still need to cut price somehow. The only way I can see now of doing it is to used cheaper Chinese batteries or cheaper shocks. Or sell close to margin because let's be honest here, they will be a small operation and cannot do economy of scale to bring the cost of the components down enough for them to make decent profits. Also keep in mind the advertising and numbers they will sell. Not every one will pay $6000 for a toy.

But that being said, I do hope these guy succeed because it is always better with more competition. If you want a downhill electric mountain bike, stealth is the only production product out there.

John in CR   100 GW

100 GW

Post by John in CR » Aug 14 2014 2:21am

I hope it all works out. For the record, there's no such thing as an 84V lithium battery, lithium polymer or lithium ion (unless you found some 3.65V nominal lipos). Battery packs are quoted based their nominal voltage.

Artur   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Artur » Aug 14 2014 8:00am

Rix wrote:
macribs wrote:

Good luck! Tim

Allex was one of the guys that commented about the vector through invitation from the Artur from the Stealth Thread. This is his Bomber with 84 volt 33ah battery.

I think the Vector has good potential. But, I find it interesting that Vector is comparing their bike to the Bomber specifically. I guess that means Stealth Ebikes are the standard to be measured by. But this is my take. If Vector can really build an e-bike that is as tough, durable, handles as well, looks as good, and out performs a Stealth Bomber with better components, and a year warranty, for 6000 bucks, that will be trully impressive. For the life of me, I can't see how that will be achieved, but heh, I don't crap about manufacturing ebikes either. Not saying that Vector can't do it, I am saying do it and prove it. Its no secret, I am partial to Stealth, as I have owned both the Bomber and Fighter and will always have a Stealth Ebike, but I can also say that there is always room in my shop for another ebike.
Thank you John.
I do compare Vector with Bomber because as you said there is no many bikes to compare. And I think this is very bad situation for customers..((

As mvly said we don't use vboxx plus labour force in Ukraine is Cheaper then in Australia.. We have our own frame that's also let us cut down total price.

To get all other components under lower prices we will start kickstarter campaign to get needed amount of orders.

We do not search for bad quality components to make some profit. For us it is more important to make a good brand name first. We are testing all components to be sure we stay with the best possible solution for certain price tag.

I think retail price under 6000$ would be possible only if we will sell buy directly to customers, that is at the same time and good and bad.. It will let us better to comunicate with our clients and make fully customised bikes, but at the same time it will be harder to spread our bikes world wide ((

About battery: I made a mistake it was 86.4V for 24s LiPo battery, but our Smart BMS limited to 100V, so 4.15V max for one cell. But it is not a problem for 24s LiFe 76.8V with 3.2V for a cell (86.4V on a full charge). I think 95% off all battery cells are made in Asia.. So here is more important quality test then place of origin.

macribs   1 GW

1 GW

Post by macribs » Aug 14 2014 8:40am

Cool, direct sale to customers. Just like Tesla does. Keeps margin higher and prices lower.
Your company win and your customers win.

Great to hear.
Last edited by macribs on Aug 18 2014 4:08pm, edited 1 time in total.

GiantEV   100 W

100 W

Post by GiantEV » Aug 18 2014 2:44pm

How about an option for a motorcycle style seat?

Artur   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Artur » Aug 18 2014 4:22pm

GiantEV wrote:How about an option for a motorcycle style seat?
It is available as an option.

proper159   1 kW

1 kW

Post by proper159 » Aug 23 2014 12:33am

Are you a bit worried about the current instability in the Ukraine? I know it's predominantly in the East but could it eventually affect your ability to source parts, keep your work force and vendors in check without fleeing when times get real tough or to close for comfort?

proper159   1 kW

1 kW

Post by proper159 » Aug 23 2014 12:42am

mvly wrote:Well vector have one thing going for them in terms of price. They don't use the vboxx gear like the bomber does. Right there you can save $1500. But they do have their work cut out for them because even without the vboxx shifter, they still need to cut price somehow.
As a Bomber owner, I really love my vboxx. I pedal all the time and I find it creates such a unique riding experience since the throttle is separate and not automatically assisting. Plus I can extend my range by pedaling when I cut my throttle 80 m before a stop sign or pedal harder without throttling and then regen brake within 100 m of my stop sign/light. I'm able to do this because the vboxx is so fluid in each gear. At a complete stop I crank the throttle all the way and pedal as hard as I can in the 8th gear then when the timing is right I shift to the 9th gear all in one downward exaggerated movement that makes the bomber just kick in at incredible speeds.

Artur   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Artur » Aug 24 2014 2:47pm

proper159 wrote:Are you a bit worried about the current instability in the Ukraine? I know it's predominantly in the East but could it eventually affect your ability to source parts, keep your work force and vendors in check without fleeing when times get real tough or to close for comfort?

Ukraine is the biggest country in Europe. The manufacturing is located in western Ukraine, and only 2 very eastern regions in conflict with putin. I hope Ukrainian military forces will kick putin's ass back to siberia very soon. We don't buy any component for Vector in russia, so no problem with manufacturing process so far.

Btw, today Ukrainian independence day!

cheekybloke   1 kW

1 kW

Post by cheekybloke » Aug 24 2014 2:55pm

Very impressed mate,could you use your swing arm pivot as a jackshaft for mid drive?
It looks heavy duty enough .
Maybe offer it as an option?

darren

Artur   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Artur » Aug 25 2014 7:18am

cheekybloke wrote:Very impressed mate,could you use your swing arm pivot as a jackshaft for mid drive?
It looks heavy duty enough .
Maybe offer it as an option?

darren
Thank you. I think one of our next project will be mid drive. But first.. let me take a Vector :mrgreen:

macribs   1 GW

1 GW

Post by macribs » Aug 28 2014 5:25pm

How are things moving forward guys? Do you have a set date for launch on Kickstarter yet?

So looking forward to see this project come alive. Keep up the work.....and updates here too :)

macribs   1 GW

1 GW

Post by macribs » Sep 04 2014 7:05pm

Two weeks since last post Arthur. How is things moving along?
Got any more info on launch date yet?

What about some info on the different packages you will make, like what hardware will be on each of the three bikes?
I am sure I speak for many of us when I say I am intrigued by your effort and I can't hardly wait for the campaign to go public.

Best of luck with your kickstarter launch and may the force be with you. :)

nio88   10 mW

10 mW

Post by nio88 » Sep 15 2014 4:04pm

subscribed, i hope that kickstarter campaign starts soon....

macribs   1 GW

1 GW

Post by macribs » Sep 24 2014 7:40pm

So Arthur. How are things moving along? I see there is now 1 month since your last update.
About ready to launch your kickstarter campaign?

What's the hold back? A little info in the thread would go a long way :)

ridethelightning   1 MW

1 MW

Post by ridethelightning » Sep 26 2014 9:57am

subscribe

davidraaymakers   1 mW

1 mW

Post by davidraaymakers » Sep 26 2014 2:17pm

Subscribed ;)
ProKit-901 48V-1800W 26" Rear (no battery atm) Commuter
Cyclone 24V - 500Watt (lifepo4 20Ah) Commuter
EVT- 4000e 48V - 5000Watt (lifepo4 40Ah) Drift-trike
6kw Self build stealth bike
5 x Govecs S2.4 with upgrades and bigger batteries

Jazzman56   100 mW

100 mW

Post by Jazzman56 » Sep 29 2014 6:49am

Hi Authur,

Any updates on how things are going ?
Looking forward to the Kickstarter :P

Regards,
Jazzman56

ridethelightning   1 MW

1 MW

Post by ridethelightning » Sep 29 2014 8:10am

hi there Artur

i made some enquiries a few months ago about purchase of frame.

the reply was 600usd shipping to Australia +cost of frame :shock:

that would kill it for me.

im still very keen to use this frame though.

-is there any way shipping could be less than that?

-what is the cost of the frame?

cheers
RTL

Artur   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Artur » Sep 29 2014 4:25pm

Sorry for a long time not posting news about this project. I was in a busines trip to Russia, Ukraine and China. Now I'm back in Germany, Munich.

Have some sexy photo for you friends.

At the moment I'm riding on my white color Vector with 6 kWt, it's a real beast! :pancake: :)

Shipping to Australia, USA, Canada, UK, and any other country will be around 95 Euro.