FUTR frames, Adaptto Controllers, Eaton Chargers, batteries

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Re: Flux frame, Adaptto Controllers, Eaton Chargers, batteri

Post by Rix » Aug 31 2016 8:45am

Yah Allex FUTR fly-under-the-radar. :lol: :lol:

Allex   1 GW

1 GW

Re: Flux frame, Adaptto Controllers, Eaton Chargers, batteri

Post by Allex » Aug 31 2016 9:18am

Oh well, I dont like that name but must change it right... :lol:

madin88   100 MW

100 MW

Re: FUTR frames, Adaptto Controllers, Eaton Chargers, batter

Post by madin88 » Aug 31 2016 1:49pm

I don't like the name too..
- 10kW belt drive with Neumotor 8057: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=91144&start=50#p1377787
- Fully road legal (L1E approval) e-bike based on Votec V-FR frame
/ MXUS 3T / 17" Mitas MC11 / Adaptto Max-E / 20s12p 25R
- KTM Hardtail Pedelec / eZee V2 6T / 27,5" / Kelly KBSX @ 1,5kW / Torque PAS / CA-V3 / 13s4p Sanyo GA in Shark case

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Aug 31 2016 7:03pm

Instead of Flying under the radar, we could say it means, "FUq The Rest" :lol: as in forget about all other ebike frames so to speak

Hyena   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Hyena » Aug 31 2016 7:45pm

The finished product makes up for what ever reservations you may have about the name :P
www.HyenaElectricBikes.com
Aussie high powered e-bike kits and custom performance ebikes
New FUTR and Hyena special edition Beta frames now available!
My build and HD video thread____. My youtube channel____ Hyena Facebook page
My bike is writing cheques my body can't cash...

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Sep 01 2016 1:49pm

Hyena wrote:The finished product makes up for what ever reservations you may have about the name :P
SO TRUE! :mrgreen: I am predicting that once the Beta hits the main stream with enthusiasts around the world, demand will exceed production. I get inquiries about the Beta and how to buy them weekly, and of course, I send them to you Jay. Strange actually, know one has asked me how to get an Alpha frame. The Alpha is also awesome, whats up with that?

DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW

Post by DasDouble » Sep 01 2016 3:00pm

I have never heated about the alpha lol. Do ya have a picture of that for me?^^
"..the crazy kid exploring hipower ebike world ^^"
-Built own ebike: ✔
-Built own 3.2kWh LiIon battery (300Amps): ✔
-Overtake Porsche with own Ebike: ✔
-Take off with ebike: ✖

~14kW, 3.2kWh LiIon, QS 205 8ml ff, hubsink

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Sep 01 2016 3:51pm

DasDouble wrote:I have never heated about the alpha lol. Do ya have a picture of that for me?^^
As requested
Attachments
a1.jpg
a1.jpg (113.32 KiB) Viewed 1874 times

DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW

Post by DasDouble » Sep 02 2016 1:13am

Aaahh.. THIS One.. Right xD
Different question: Why is stealth or a brand like that not on the Eurobike? Does someone know? I think it's time to let people see what a real electric bike looks like.. :mrgreen:
"..the crazy kid exploring hipower ebike world ^^"
-Built own ebike: ✔
-Built own 3.2kWh LiIon battery (300Amps): ✔
-Overtake Porsche with own Ebike: ✔
-Take off with ebike: ✖

~14kW, 3.2kWh LiIon, QS 205 8ml ff, hubsink

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Sep 02 2016 9:27am

DasDouble wrote:Aaahh.. THIS One.. Right xD
Different question: Why is stealth or a brand like that not on the Eurobike? Does someone know? I think it's time to let people see what a real electric bike looks like.. :mrgreen:
My guess is because eBikes in Europe are so under powered

Allex   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Allex » Sep 02 2016 11:50am

Thats right, you cannot show off a 4000W bike on a 250W exhibition. Most people would be annoyed because they like all the regulations around them here. Google "sheeple"

Altair   100 W

100 W

Post by Altair » Sep 02 2016 12:11pm

I find the whole concept of regulating the power of a vehicle... absurd.
All cars, motorcycles and trucks on the road are not regulated power-wise. It is the DRIVER who is responsible for following the laws, the most important (to the police anyway), being the speed limits.
You can buy a car with any amount of power you want, that doesn't change anything to the fact that you're still limited to the same laws as everybody else.

So what are they trying to do with this ridiculous law anyway?. Just enforcing it requires sophisticated equipment to measure the E-bike, and the knowledge to interpret the readings.
This is an open invitation to cheating by all technically knowledgeable E-bikers.
Will only serve to complicate the acceptance of electric vehicles all over the world.

OK, that was quite off-topic for this thread. Sorry.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Sep 02 2016 1:23pm

Altair wrote:I find the whole concept of regulating the power of a vehicle... absurd.
All cars, motorcycles and trucks on the road are not regulated power-wise. It is the DRIVER who is responsible for following the laws, the most important (to the police anyway), being the speed limits.
You can buy a car with any amount of power you want, that doesn't change anything to the fact that you're still limited to the same laws as everybody else.

So what are they trying to do with this ridiculous law anyway?. Just enforcing it requires sophisticated equipment to measure the E-bike, and the knowledge to interpret the readings.
This is an open invitation to cheating by all technically knowledgeable E-bikers.
Will only serve to complicate the acceptance of electric vehicles all over the world.

OK, that was quite off-topic for this thread. Sorry.
So do I. Ford mustang GT for example can have be driven unrestricted on public roads even though it has a top speed of over 150MPH. But its not illegal because of having the power on tap to go that fast. its illegal when the driver exceeds the posted speed limit. But with ebikes, the standards aren't consistent, if I have a 6kw ebike, however, I never go over 20MPH until I am offroad, I should be able to be left alone just like any other bicycle, however, if I go 50MPH in a 20MPH zone, then hold me to the same level of accountability as a person in a car or on a motorcycle. I have no problems with that. Most places in the US, this is not an issue.....yet, but its coming.

DanGT86   10 kW

10 kW

Post by DanGT86 » Sep 03 2016 10:35pm

I think the reason there are power level restrictions on ebikes is because there are no licensing and insurance requirements. You can buy a mustang or motorcycle with an unlimited top speed because there are many levels of accountability required to operate it on public roads. Because there is no record keeping, registration, or liability insurance requirements on an ebike they just limit the power and speed.

I would much rather have it the way it currently is because you can get away with anything until you make it a problem by being noticed or caught. That is much better than having to get license plates and pay taxes. Think of how quickly we would get our Ebikes legislated away if there was an off the shelf 20kw 60mph bike from wal-mart out causing pile ups on the highway.

With regard to the question a few posts back about why so many people inquire about the Beta instead of the Alpha, I think its because the Alpha has lots of very similar looking but cheaper competition. When people can't inspect the build quality or test ride the frame for handling in person the Alpha just looks like another large capacity high powered Ebike frame.

The Beta on the other hand is totally unique in the ebike market. I think it speaks to a different set of priorities in a frame. Beta customers are likely looking specifically for the geometry, handling, and small profile of the frame as well as the concentric bottom bracket and low weight. Going just by specs and pictures there is no similar competition for the beta.

Allex   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Allex » Sep 04 2016 12:17pm

Restrictions are also not that bad when people dont have driver licenses, yes you can drive your GT at 100mph but at least you know the basics about handling/road rules and consequences unlike many cyclist do.
Regards to FLux Beta being more popular than the rest of the DYI options I think DanGT86 nailed, "Going just by specs and pictures there is no similar competition for the beta" With Beta, you can have a 10kW power package in a compact frame design so there is really no point on having a big frame today unless you need to have +100miles range

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Sep 04 2016 5:45pm

@ Dan and Allex, thanks for answering my question about the Beta, I kind of thought that, but if I was the only one thinking that, I wouldn't have been on the right track. Since you guys also thank that, I feel thats the reason why then.

madin88   100 MW

100 MW

Post by madin88 » Sep 05 2016 10:13am

DanGT86 wrote:I think the reason there are power level restrictions on ebikes is because there are no licensing and insurance requirements. You can buy a mustang or motorcycle with an unlimited top speed because there are many levels of accountability required to operate it on public roads. Because there is no record keeping, registration, or liability insurance requirements on an ebike they just limit the power and speed.
that brought it straight to the point
- 10kW belt drive with Neumotor 8057: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=91144&start=50#p1377787
- Fully road legal (L1E approval) e-bike based on Votec V-FR frame
/ MXUS 3T / 17" Mitas MC11 / Adaptto Max-E / 20s12p 25R
- KTM Hardtail Pedelec / eZee V2 6T / 27,5" / Kelly KBSX @ 1,5kW / Torque PAS / CA-V3 / 13s4p Sanyo GA in Shark case

atarijedi   100 W

100 W

Post by atarijedi » Sep 05 2016 5:40pm

Has Adaptto sold out of the Max-E controllers and 70A coils? No one seems to have them in stock.

Allex   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Allex » Sep 06 2016 2:57am

Yeah no max-e for now, and wont be for a couple of months :(

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Sep 06 2016 8:15am

Allex wrote:Yeah no max-e for now, and wont be for a couple of months :(
Let me guess, efforts are being focused on the MIDI E?

macribs   1 GW

1 GW

Post by macribs » Sep 06 2016 8:17am

Maybe that is a good thing? Maybe Adaptto uses this opportunity to make a revision? Like more memory maybe?

Allex   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Allex » Dec 01 2016 1:03pm

Who wants some max-es? I can probably offer them really soon, before Christmas.
The new controller does have minor improvements over the previous ones. Nothing fancy, just better protection against failures I guess so you have less chances to blow fets.

ohzee   1 MW

1 MW

Post by ohzee » Dec 01 2016 1:17pm

me me me

Merlin   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Merlin » Dec 01 2016 1:39pm

Allex wrote:Who wants some max-es? I can probably offer them really soon, before Christmas.
The new controller does have minor improvements over the previous ones. Nothing fancy, just better protection against failures I guess so you have less chances to blow fets.
So nobody can say what is exactly "different"?
I don't know how to blow fets with this regulated settings.
But cool that you are also offering that.
Mo max-s for the crowd :D

Quokka   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Quokka » Dec 02 2016 2:04am

I need another maxe
Qulbix Q76R+ QS205+MaxE