FUTR frames, Adaptto Controllers, Eaton Chargers, batteries

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
Allex   1 GW

1 GW

Re: FUTR frames, Adaptto Controllers, Eaton Chargers, batter

Post by Allex » Nov 09 2017 10:27am

I will maybe have 1 coming, but thats it.

devo1223   100 W

100 W

Re: FUTR frames, Adaptto Controllers, Eaton Chargers, batteries

Post by devo1223 » Nov 28 2017 12:22pm

Hi Allex,

Is this the right thread to inquire about having you build me a 20s7p 30Q battery to fit into my vector lite frame? What would be the cost including shipping to USA?

Thanks,

Derek
Vector lite stuffed with 30Qs
Mxus 3k turbo 3t in 17in moto rim
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=92531&p=1353484&hil ... e#p1353484

Allex   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Allex » Dec 01 2017 6:22pm

Sure, will PM you! It is a bit of a problem to send them to US nowadays.

burner77   100 W

100 W

Post by burner77 » Feb 22 2018 4:22pm

hi Allex, I bought 2 Adaptto Midi and both failed. The first one was sendet to Russia for warranty as you assumed. Waited more than 2 months and many emails. Had to pay for repair, even it was broken from beginning. Both the controller you sold had no warranty sticker on it, which is also a problem for Adaptto, they told us. Now the second controller failed after 170 km. Not while driving, but worked fine, stand still for 2 weeks and didn't work anymore.
A friend of my told me that he would send any controller to Russia, he waited for 3 months and contact was very poor. And of course I'm afraid to send mine there, because Adappto seems to be in his final business days.
What I don't understand why they had no warranty sticker on it? If you sell them as new and you get some money out of it and have a company in Sweden, why it is so hard to repair something and help me out? We had a cooperation on the first Adaptto Groupbuy, which at the end worked fine. But I'm little dissapointed for the last 2 Midi order.
I have seen that you sell the Sur-Ron bikes soon. How you will handle that? Charge few hundred dollars to organize them, but when there is a problem, refer to China and tell customers to get in touch with them and send parts to China?
You know Adaptto better than us meanwhile. What is exactly happening there? And could you organize a proper repair of a controller which run 170 km? And let me know what you understand about warranty. Thanks
http://fasterbikes.eu • Domino, MXUS V3 Turbo (with FF & HubSink) and Bafang BBSHD shop • 5% discount for ES forum members, use voucher "ESMEMBER"

Allex   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Allex » Feb 23 2018 9:04am

Hey!
Did you contact me about this warranty issue before paying? I cant remember now... I had a similar issue with stickers. We solved it without him paying in the end as some controllers did indeed not have any stickers coming from me.

The contact is indeed very poor with Adaptto, I struggle to communicate with them myself. The process is very slow. I heard rumours about a restructure of the company, many left and only some key individuals was left in the end. This is why everything was slow the last 10 months.
Adaptto is still operational and and they do their best to repair everything that comes in. The good thing is that we have true Enthusiast there but due to financial problems things goes very slow. Think they have like one guy that do Dev work and repair.

When selling a complete bike its a totally different story. But it all depends on the volume. If I sell hundreds of bikes a year then of course I can afford to have a service centre. Not the case If I sell 10.
If your Honda brakes you go to the dealer. But if you have a rare vehicle with almost non existent dealers you may have to do stuff on your own.
Most of the things mentioned here on ES is DIY. If my Lyen controller brakes I have to send it back to US for repair. I have to pay for shipment both ways and also pay for the repair, his warranty is limited and is basically gone as soon you start using it. I don't see many complain about it. Same goes for many others. I got my brand new stealth electric bike with shady battery, after months of discussion they agreed on sending me 2 new cells and I had to repair it myself cracking the whole battery apart. This is for a bike on warranty that costs 10 grand.
Got a few mxsus motors with damaged rims from the factory, they dont even reply to the emails about this , so basically only care when you place orders but not complain.

If you want to survive in this market as a business you need to have a great mark up in price. I cannot sell a bike cheap with no volume and at the same time offer great customer survice. If one want cheap then one should aim to buy from the factory using group buys similar to those I started last year.

Luk   100 mW

100 mW

Post by Luk » Feb 24 2018 2:11pm

I also sent a Max-E, 2 months ago to Adaptto.
I give them my confidence and stay patient.
Maybe they'll come back someday.
But there are other reliable and fun solutions now.
I had only one problem on 5 controllers used.

Yes, we are a few craftsmen trying to earn a few dollars but we love quality and are passionate. We are stuck between reliability, quality and a price that must remain significantly cheaper than a car or a motorcycle.

We are happy to live this adventure, a new electric age.

To all those who think outside the box.

Cheers
Luk-ebike.fr

macribs   1 GW

1 GW

Post by macribs » Feb 24 2018 5:02pm

Thats kind of why I was so bummed when mobipus went OEM only. His controllers seemed to be the perfect fit for hi power, great features and decent pricing. His 72 200 controller was able to push 12-14 kw I've heard, for really short burst closer to 20 kw. With lots of great features. In my eyes mobipus controllers is all that Adaptto could have been if they would have been listening to what customers asked for, adaptto even started a thread here for future features then later on abandoned that thread. Adaptto started out great, came with the right product, at the right time. Price was a little high, but people still jumped in. Many ES members have great things to say about adaptto. I think their problem was they stopped evolving, and didn't listen to their fan base. Lets hope the remaining crew at adaptto can mustard through this rough patch and keep up the development. A new maxi-e EVO II with more features, maybe even an open API for 3rd party add-ons, now that would be a sight for sore eyes.

I also really hope mobipus will find time to keep building for the ES crowd. Never seen such a feature packed product before at that price range. @Shenta, do you hear my cry for mobipus?

DanGT86   10 kW

10 kW

Post by DanGT86 » Feb 24 2018 8:53pm

I also hope Mobipus and Adaptto do well as companies. Offering small enough minimum quantities for us hobbyists would be awesome as well.

Something to keep in mind when criticizing these companies for going oem only or not listening to their customers, is just how expensive and labor intensive product development is. Most engineers and manufacturers charge $100 per hour for their labor. Just think for a second about how many hours it takes to develop a product like the Adaptto or Mobipus. We are lucky that these products are usually made by passionate people who will still deal with the general public and small quantity sales. Its really hard to justify the time it takes to even answer emails much less do individual sales and tech support on something that will take thousands of units sold to even break even on.

Just look at the circus that is the Sur-Ron thread. This awesome quality electric motorcycle hits the market for less than half of any other comparable option and it takes less than a day for this community to insist that it needs pedals and is too expensive and should have different motor/controller options and a bike seat and be street legal in all countries and be sold as just a frame for builders. Try requesting that level of options from someone like Toyota and see how far that gets you.

I love this community and this forum but I think its important that we realize how lucky we are that we have vendors that will even respond to our emails much less do custom spec group buys. We can make a bike move with a $50 infineon controller but that doesnt mean an $800 Adaptto with BMS and charging coil is too expensive.

Companies should definitely support and warranty their products if they decide to accept peoples money for those products. Just don't be surprised if the criticism and cheapskate nature of the hobbyist community chases a lot of good product developers away or to OEM only offerings. We walk a fine line and shouldn't forget that.

macribs   1 GW

1 GW

Post by macribs » Feb 25 2018 4:39am

Yeah I see what you mean, and I am partly agreeing. I know many where really happy with Adaptto, and also that many ES members bought several controllers to use with several builds because the loved em so much. Nov that speaks of the quality and features. And if you look at that and the price I agree it is fine, and as you said then there was a BMS as well and charging. I was merely thinking in lines of the past years problem. The price was fine when adaptto was in its prime. Today with the uncertainty of the adaptto future it kind of feels more like a gamble, and there have been or seem to have been a drop in build quality or parts quality as well as there seems to be more frustrated owners these days. But the turning point for adaptto did not start a year ago, it goes back further. Probably as long as about the time adaptto vanished form their adaptto future features thread. That created uncertainty and people where not sure what the future would be. Remember there was talk about the new adaptto MK II a long time ago, without anything surfacing.

As you said, for an up and coming company the growth pain, the slow ROI of end user direct sale yet keeping up with R & D, customer support etc it takes a lot. And probably why Mobipus decided to go strictly OEM. To get a product to market these days you either need strong financial backing or a balance between OEM and end user sale. And lets face it, with investors into such companies they would likely vote down the idea of direct sale to end user model because of the slow cash flow.

Nevertheless, I am still rooting for Adaptoo and I do hope we see that MK II. As for Mobipus I see the logic in making such choice, but I cross my fingers for Mobipus being able to find the time and motivation to do both OEM and direct end user sales, at least for us here at ES. After all, selling to customer base like ES crowd is not only slow economic growth, and hours of customer support. It is also an amazing group of beta testers that happily will pay retail to get their hand on new features that might not yet be well tested, widely tested or features that are still a work in progress. And that makes for a mutual beneficial relationship between manufacturer and the es crowd. Such beta features will rarely be possible to ship with OEM controllers, because they will need to be as stable as can be.

spektrolyte   10 W

10 W

Post by spektrolyte » May 21 2018 9:49am

I am also having a real problem with my Adaptto Max-E,

It failed during the second charge and I have had zero response from anyone regards trying to get it fixed.

ridethelightning   1 MW

1 MW

Post by ridethelightning » Jun 08 2018 5:58am

Hello Allex.
I hope you can help me with a simple bms question-
Does the adaptto bms have any potential for low current draw even if its not connected to controller, just the sense plugs connected to the pack?
just that i stored my packs with the bms still connected to them for a few months....
cheers.

Allex   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Allex » Jun 29 2018 8:37am

Hey, I never experienced that it drains any current if disconnected from controller.
Hope this helps in some way.