Hub motor project!

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
MartinGonda
1 µW
1 µW

Re: Hub motor project!

Post by MartinGonda » Mar 25, 2015 7:29 pm

The Monolith: World's First Skateboard with In-wheel Motors
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/in ... h-in-wheel

jacobbloy
1 kW
1 kW

Post by jacobbloy » Mar 28, 2015 3:25 am

MartinGonda wrote:The Monolith: World's First Skateboard with In-wheel Motors
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/in ... h-in-wheel
Thanks mate, most of us have seen this and I have had some grate conversations with Ryan and theo the developers of this great product! But even they have some development to do and any work we complete on these motor will help every one!

KyleOrr
1 µW
1 µW

Post by KyleOrr » Mar 28, 2015 11:44 am

Hello Jacob,

This is my first real post but I have been following your work for some while now. My wife got me an E-go a while back and I have since moved onto making my own e-board. I have seen the monolith board on kickstarter and now I am interested in ordering some of your hub wheels to add to my project but I have a few questions.
1) What kind of efficiencies are you seeing? Monolith states 12 miles on "eco mode" with 95Wh (7.9 Wh per mile / 4.9 Wh per Kilometer), this seems CRAZY high. That is double the efficiency of a boosted board and even the E-go (which I think is over promising at 18 miles) is only at 13.8 Wh per mile. Are hub motors really that much more efficient? It seems like rolling resistance and rider aerodynamic drag make up much more of the power requirements than the low level of friction on a belt drive?
2)You seem to run an 8S or 6S system on all your hub motors, but monolith seems to be using just a 4S system. Have you ever tried a 4S battery on yours? Right now I use a 8S setup and just wondering about changes.
3)I know with your surgery you haven't had much time to test, but do you have a timeline for optical sensors? I would love to have smooth starts and stops.
4) Durability on an 8mm longboard axel. Have you experienced any issues with bending the axels on your longboard trucks? I know the stator core is over it but most longboards needs bearing spacers to keep from bending. I was wondering if you had any ideas on this. You mentioned the 63mm motors too, wouldn't those usually ride on a 10mm drive shaft? This seems like a much more durable design.

You are doing a wonderful job Jacob, keep up the great work!

Hummina Shadeeba
1 MW
1 MW

Post by Hummina Shadeeba » Mar 29, 2015 12:53 pm

KyleOrr wrote:Hello Jacob,

This is my first real post but I have been following your work for some while now. My wife got me an E-go a while back and I have since moved onto making my own e-board. I have seen the monolith board on kickstarter and now I am interested in ordering some of your hub wheels to add to my project but I have a few questions.
1) What kind of efficiencies are you seeing? Monolith states 12 miles on "eco mode" with 95Wh (7.9 Wh per mile / 4.9 Wh per Kilometer), this seems CRAZY high. That is double the efficiency of a boosted board and even the E-go (which I think is over promising at 18 miles) is only at 13.8 Wh per mile. Are hub motors really that much more efficient? It seems like rolling resistance and rider aerodynamic drag make up much more of the power requirements than the low level of friction on a belt drive?
2)You seem to run an 8S or 6S system on all your hub motors, but monolith seems to be using just a 4S system. Have you ever tried a 4S battery on yours? Right now I use a 8S setup and just wondering about changes.
3)I know with your surgery you haven't had much time to test, but do you have a timeline for optical sensors? I would love to have smooth starts and stops.
4) Durability on an 8mm longboard axel. Have you experienced any issues with bending the axels on your longboard trucks? I know the stator core is over it but most longboards needs bearing spacers to keep from bending. I was wondering if you had any ideas on this. You mentioned the 63mm motors too, wouldn't those usually ride on a 10mm drive shaft? This seems like a much more durable design.

theres bullshit all over the business. don't trust anything you read.
Hey mates! has anyone gotten there motors to go or is everyone still waiting for plates and bearings and rubber that would work

what I said before about putting it on the rear and running it to tighten it on is wrong. You could have it on the front or rear I think and just make sure the wheel is going counter clockwise. just don't ever use the brakes

jacobbloy
1 kW
1 kW

Post by jacobbloy » Mar 29, 2015 10:17 pm

Yes you can ride on 4s you can ride any eboard on 4s but why? You won't get the same power as you need!
The home shaft of the motor is solid!
All the beta testers got free optical sensors I didn't charge any extra.

Hummina, you got a full refund of your motors twice!!! And you havnt even sent them back! If any one wants to talk to some one who has ridden these motors talk to onloop!

there is also a longer video but no sound!

Hummina Shadeeba
1 MW
1 MW

Post by Hummina Shadeeba » Mar 30, 2015 10:03 am

jacobbloy wrote:

Yes you can ride on 4s you can ride any eboard on 4s but why? You won't get the same power as you need!

Hummina, you got a full refund of your motors twice!!! And you havnt even sent them back! If any one wants to talk to some one who has ridden these motors talk to onloop!

there is also a longer video but no sound!
once again I'm confused by your writing Jacob.
If I got a refund for my motors twice I would have received double what I paid, that didn't happen and I didn't expect it.
the optical sensors are everything in a nutshell:
You sent them, I sent you money for them because you asked, said they were installable in the motor, they aren't...but since no ones motors work there's no point in trying to possibly install them somehow on the outside!

deception

I've asked you numerous times where to send the motors and you haven't responded. I can post those messages here if you want so there's no confusion.

So onloop is the lucky one person with motors that work!
Until it makes it into at least a video with sound it never happened.

KyleOrr
1 µW
1 µW

Post by KyleOrr » Mar 30, 2015 1:10 pm

jacobbloy wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply and video! That is great news. I can't wait to get my hands on some.

What are your thoughts on the efficiency of your hub motors vs Monolith? Can we really expect to see such low Wh/Mile (or Wh/Kilometer)? I will be purchasing either way, but curious about what to expect!

Thank you again!

Hummina Shadeeba
1 MW
1 MW

Post by Hummina Shadeeba » Mar 30, 2015 1:32 pm

real efficiency numbers for a 1:1 drive are roughly 10wh or 12wh to a kilometer according to Justin who runs this site and made a two wheel version using standard 63mm motors that have 20mm long thick (forget how thick now) magnets. that's roughly the same for a motor mounted with pulleys or an electric bike.
but those numbers don't relate to the motors Jacob sold which are smaller at 50mm and have thin magnets...If they worked and maybe if you used two of them you might get ok efficiency if you didn't hit hills.

jacobbloy
1 kW
1 kW

Post by jacobbloy » Apr 09, 2015 8:13 pm

i have another 12 upgraded 50mm motors ready for shipping in 2 weeks if any one is interested please let me know!

frankham00
1 µW
1 µW

Post by frankham00 » May 18, 2015 7:00 am

Jacobbloy - pm me

rodgah
10 kW
10 kW

Post by rodgah » May 19, 2015 4:36 pm

Is anybody else waiting on 63mm motors? Or motors in particular? I ordered mid February and still waiting, I had VESC in the order so I wasn't expecting anything till they were ready. Still waiting....
Common Sense isn't so common........
Specialized BigHit
Electrapunk
Stinky

IanXV
1 µW
1 µW

Post by IanXV » May 21, 2015 12:52 pm

rodgah wrote:Is anybody else waiting on 63mm motors? Or motors in particular? I ordered mid February and still waiting, I had VESC in the order so I wasn't expecting anything till they were ready. Still waiting....

Yep still waiting on mine, however, there was a spring holiday in China that delayed things for about a week so things should be ok.

jacobbloy
1 kW
1 kW

Post by jacobbloy » May 24, 2015 8:41 am

For any one who ordered 63mm motors and new 50mm motors they are coming very soon. Here is a photo of the new magnets and windings.
image.jpg
image.jpg (82.72 KiB) Viewed 2239 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (86.66 KiB) Viewed 2239 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (104.12 KiB) Viewed 2239 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (69.04 KiB) Viewed 2239 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (128.63 KiB) Viewed 24 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (44.11 KiB) Viewed 2239 times
I'm sorry about the wait, the motors where delayed by changes to design, quality control and the fact that I had to wait 30 buisness day for my magnet mould to be finished and then another 20 days for production.
Plus holidays and my motor winding factory moved wharhouse.
image.jpg
image.jpg (109.96 KiB) Viewed 24 times
I'm planning a new motor 150mm diameter wheel! With a 80mm motor inside! This might actualy be smaller maybe 107mm or even 120mm but atm 150mm. The motor will use an 8085 outrunner wound to 80kv we are hoping to get 6kw/h from each motor.
This build will be a full open source build. And every design will be posted to grab cad.
And links on ES I will be making 10 cost will be $300 per motor. I'm looking for interest not selling at this point.

bose
100 W
100 W

Post by bose » May 24, 2015 8:56 am

Would be interested in a bigger diameter wheel with rim for an mountain board.

rodgah
10 kW
10 kW

Post by rodgah » May 24, 2015 11:17 pm

jacobbloy wrote:I'm sorry about the wait, the motors where delayed by changes to design, quality control and the fact that I had to wait 30 buisness day for my magnet mould to be finished and then another 20 days for production.
Plus holidays and my motor winding factory moved wharhouse.
thats all I needed to know.

Interesting change on the stator insert (axle)......2 piece? I gather the (from the pic) left side is bonded to the stator and the right side is more like a nut? Does this mean that the motors force is all directed at the set screw?

How much longer do you expect before you will be sending out motors?
Specialized BigHit
Electrapunk
Stinky

jacobbloy
1 kW
1 kW

Post by jacobbloy » May 25, 2015 2:50 am

They will be shipped from China on Wednesday and then I should have by next Wednesday and then I will do a quick test and then ship them out!

For your information the new design is made so the nut holds the motor shaft in place like a vice. There is still the set screw to help! But the shaft still has some thread inside of it to hold but only a few teeth. I have done this so you can faster you can remove the thread in the shaft and align the motor phase wires to be where you need them. But as I said for this option you will need a hand drill 8mm drill bit and then remove the thread!
image.jpg
Assembled inwheel longboard skate board hub motor outrunner 63mm left 53mm right
image.jpg (202.03 KiB) Viewed 32 times
I have limited amounts atm all of the 63mm motors are alicated and I still have some 53mm

rodgah
10 kW
10 kW

Post by rodgah » Jun 12, 2015 2:40 pm

Hey Jacob have you received them yet?
Specialized BigHit
Electrapunk
Stinky

jacobbloy
1 kW
1 kW

Post by jacobbloy » Oct 25, 2015 8:41 pm

jacobbloy
1 kW
1 kW

Post by jacobbloy » Oct 27, 2015 5:50 am

these are my custom 60mm hub motors with slim carbon fibre longboard deck from enertionboards.com,

the whole setup weighs 6.8KG has a top speed of 40KM/H and a range of 15KM.
the motor have been upgraded from the last setup with upgraded magnets and better quality machining.

my setup:

my custom hub motor build thread https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 31&t=65636

Enertion electric longboard carbon fibre deck

Enertion S.P.A.C.E Battery LG 18650HE4 10s pack with BMS
http://enertionboards.com

Benjamin venders open source VESC http://vedder.se/2015/01/vesc-open-source-esc/

also available from enertion

please check out my other videos and subscribe.

chinyp
100 mW
100 mW

Post by chinyp » Oct 27, 2015 10:12 pm

Hey Jacobb,

Im interested in the hub motors, but im confused after looking through some pages of this thread. So....which are you selling? Can you name list, spec it and price it for me? :)
and i saw n48sh or something....sorry for being lazy...im at uni lecture now and your thread caught my attention :D actually I'm trying to build it myself (hobby) but you just made my day :D Shipped to Malaysia Kuala Lumpur city. Thanks!
Edit: Do you sell single hub motor unit only? Preferably to buy the hub only first...im planning to experiment it first :lol:
Edit 2: Omg...i read throughout the thread already...cancel off my previous statements....its been a long time since you've done this...im pretty much late to the community and this project....do you still sell the 60mm hub motors? :cry:

Freshair
100 W
100 W

Post by Freshair » Oct 29, 2015 6:53 am

It's too bad you didn't have the time and resources to get a decent kickstarter campaign going to raise the funds needed to get these cheap enough for the diy'er. Would order 4 of them right now if it was cheaper than 100 per wheel, since you already have the mold for the size of wheel I want :-P.
Low impact to no impact

jacobbloy
1 kW
1 kW

Post by jacobbloy » Nov 23, 2015 4:44 am

chinyp wrote:Hey Jacobb,

Im interested in the hub motors, but im confused after looking through some pages of this thread. So....which are you selling? Can you name list, spec it and price it for me? :)
and i saw n48sh or something....sorry for being lazy...im at uni lecture now and your thread caught my attention :D actually I'm trying to build it myself (hobby) but you just made my day :D Shipped to Malaysia Kuala Lumpur city. Thanks!
Edit: Do you sell single hub motor unit only? Preferably to buy the hub only first...im planning to experiment it first :lol:
Edit 2: Omg...i read throughout the thread already...cancel off my previous statements....its been a long time since you've done this...im pretty much late to the community and this project....do you still sell the 60mm hub motors? :cry:
Hello every one, I wanted more hub motors for personal use so I have placed an order for 20x of my 63mm hub motors.
They are based on the 6355 motor that enertion sell and will have the same high quality stator and winding with my magnet upgrades.

60mm hub motors hill test with slim carbon fibre longboard deck and VESC
The motors will also come with a 83mm wheel on the motor.

The great thing is I will be selling them for $299 for a pair. They have great power and save you a lot on your build while looking so much better.

iv posted them on another forum so there going fast, i had 8 sets for sale and know i only have 4 left.

you can order from this link https://www.paypal.me/jacobbloy/299usd

ryerson2019
1 mW
1 mW

Post by ryerson2019 » Dec 14, 2015 7:04 pm

Whats the current availability?

titoxd1000
1 µW
1 µW

Post by titoxd1000 » Feb 02, 2016 1:31 pm

I'm very interested in these hub motors do you still make them it would be cool if you made some with 97mm or 107mm abec wheels to put on a drop through deck I would definitely buy

Teko
1 µW
1 µW

Post by Teko » Feb 06, 2016 6:01 am

Hi
I'm also interested in buying your motors, I would like to buy 60mm.
Please contact with me.